The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 153 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#99796 - 01/10/07 09:00 AM Re: Not-So-Good Update on my Brother [Re: klmr13]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Same here Eagle. We're all praying for God to not only guide the doctor's hands and thoughts, but to give you strength during this time as well. Gary is in good hands, yours and God's.

Sending positive thoughts and plenty of love, JJ

#99797 - 01/10/07 02:16 PM Re: Not-So-Good Update on my Brother [Re: jawjaw]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Klm, JJ, Robin, Dotsie and all my sisters - it's your prayers that sustain me. I can't tell you how many times I've been tempted to cave into fear and utter despair - but EVERY TIME those feelings begin to overwhelm me, YOUR PRAYERS lift me up and put me back on solid ground and wrap me in loving serenity. It's uncanny and powerful...deep inside me, I can feel you all out there sending warm thoughts, caring prayers and loving care my way. I'm absolutely convinced that you are God's tender way of sustaining my spirit throughout this journey. As much as I detest the cancer, I'm still honoured and glad to be able to make this journey through it with my brother - but I know it would not be possible without the amazing support and care of my Boomer sisters to lean against when the going gets particularly rough.

Thank you! My brother's survival will be a community effort! He thanks you too - he feels the difference too!

(Maya Angelou)

#99798 - 01/10/07 03:25 PM Re: Not-So-Good Update on my Brother [Re: Eagle Heart]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I'm so glad that both of you can feel the love and prayers that are coming your way. Sharon, you've have always been such a blessing to me and all of the women here and it's time for us to give back to you. I really love you!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#99799 - 01/10/07 03:42 PM Re: Not-So-Good Update on my Brother [Re: Eagle Heart]
klmr13 Offline

Loc: Stars Hollow
That's what friends are for, Eagle...and we ARE sisters too, just as you said. We all hang together in the tough times as well as the happy ones. United, we stand!

#99800 - 01/10/07 08:35 PM Re: Not-So-Good Update on my Brother [Re: klmr13]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
I want so much to give you a hug, Eagle. But I know God will do that for me.

#99801 - 01/11/07 01:22 AM Re: Not-So-Good Update on my Brother [Re: Lola]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Sharon, I am thinking of you and your brother. You wrote: "As much as I detest the cancer, I'm still honoured and glad to be able to make this journey through it with my brother." I suspect that you can't doubt that this is part of your purpose for being on earth together at this moment in time. If we do indeed have a pre-determined reason for being, and a pre-determined reason to be with certain people, you being on this journey with your brother, and he with you, has GOT to be a part of that process of pre-determination. It is an honor to be chosen to be the one who is seeing another through a difficult time. Love & Light to you and your brother and everyone concerned, Lynn

#99802 - 01/11/07 02:25 AM Re: Not-So-Good Update on my Brother [Re: Princess Lenora]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Eagle, you have such grace and empathy, your brother could be in no better hands than yours. God Bless you both.

#99803 - 01/13/07 10:04 PM Re: Not-So-Good Update on my Brother [Re: ]
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Eagle,
You must be such as much a shining light of love to your brother as you are to us. Love is so powerful and it is the source of miracles. God is love so love is what hung the stars in space and created life on earth. There is no energy as great and I am praying it will empower you at this time.

Though I haven't been here a lot, you and those involved have been in my prayers.

smile

#99804 - 01/14/07 01:55 AM Re: Not-So-Good Update on my Brother [Re: smilinize]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Well, we just finished what felt like a never-ending marathon in the hospital. Blood tests on Tuesday, consultation with the Bone Marrow Transplant team on Thursday (lots of information overload there!), an 11-hour chemo session yesterday, four more hours of chemo at 7:30 this morning and another 3 hours tonight. My brother was the only patient on that section of the floor, so I was so glad I was there. It was cold and lonely, but we started playing with the bed controls and ended up laughing til it hurt (literally). That last hour seemed to last for 12, but it's over now, he's in his own bed now, and nowhere else to go until Friday. Yippee!

I want to thank all you ladies who have been sending Gary cards!!! He's so touched by your thoughtfulness. Meredith, we were both touched by your poems, and could really identify with so much of what you wrote. And I love your "connection spirituality" - I firmly believe that too.

Dotsie, I'm reading "Never Alone" - it's amazing - for awhile there, it was as if I was reading something I could have written in my journals way-back-when, even the parts about being in the seminary and having to filter everything through his own spiritual experience of Jesus. I took two years of theology at a Catholic seminary, so was able to relate. We had much the same experience growing up, especially in terms of that early childhood spirituality. I'm really enjoying his writing and his journey thus far. Thanks for suggesting his books - I also ordered "Joshua", but felt a rather pushy nudge from Somewhere to read "Never Alone" first - now I understand why!

Hopefully I'll get to spend a little more time here this week. I'm at my brother's til Wednesday or Thursday, then will go back to coming over every other day. So as long as his computer continues to behave, I'll be able to get online more often now.

Smile, thanks for your prayers and thoughts. I consider myself very blessed and empowered by my brother's presence too, so it's a two-way blessing. And there are no words to describe how extraordinarily blessed I feel with all the prayer and care support within this Boomer circle - you are awesome, and let me tell you that there IS power, incredible power, in the prayers of this circle of women!

Edited by Eagle Heart (01/14/07 01:59 AM)

(Maya Angelou)

#99805 - 01/14/07 02:07 AM Re: Not-So-Good Update on my Brother [Re: Eagle Heart]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Oh Eagle, it's so great to hear from you. I thought of you while I visited a loved one in ER last weekend. I'm usre the hours are long. I'm glad you can joke around and enjoy good books.

I just finished reading Never Alone again. Ross is reading it for the first time. I have given it to several loved ones through the years never knowing if they took the time to read it. I'm not sure they did. Anyway, I ordered a couple more a couple weeks ago to share with a friend whose daughter is in hospice care and another friend whose son needs to go in for rehab. I wanted to quickly read it again before giving it to them and I'm so glad I did. I feel so blessed, loved, and valued while reading that. Don't you? He is my favorite author. I think I've read all but one of the Joshua series. I also met him when he was in town several years ago. HUMBLE! He was delightful, just as I thought he would be.

Smile said...There is no energy as great and I am praying it will empower you at this time."

And might I add that I am praying the same energy will empower and heal your brother!

Thanks for checking in.

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved