The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 177 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#99776 - 01/04/07 03:06 AM Re: Not-So-Good Update on my Brother [Re: chickadee]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Quick update, because I'm very tired. Instead of going directly to the Autologous Stem-Cell Transplant procedure, they're changing my brother to two 2-day DHap Chemo blasts, with the first one scheduled for next Thursday and Friday. They're all day chemo treatments, with part one on Thursday morning, part two Thursday evening, then again on Friday morning and Friday evening. They'll do another 2-day treatment in February, take more CAT scans then do the transplant (as an in-patient).

I suppose this must sound like a medical litany, and I hope nobody minds me sharing all this here...I do feel the need to have a safe place to share, but I also know that there's the possibility that others who struggle with cancer, or are companioning someone through, will read these posts and find as much comfort and courage for their own journey as I find here for mine.

Edited by Eagle Heart (01/04/07 03:06 AM)

(Maya Angelou)

#99777 - 01/04/07 03:20 AM Re: Not-So-Good Update on my Brother [Re: Eagle Heart]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Oh Eagle Heart, we don't mind at all! Thank you for keeping us updated. I'm sure I'm not the only one here who feels like so many of us are just like family, and we want to be there for you!

We'll be thinking about you and your brother - hang in there. He is so lucky to have you.

Kathy

#99778 - 01/04/07 01:08 PM Re: Not-So-Good Update on my Brother [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
This all sounds so hopeful Eagle.
We're here for you!

#99779 - 01/04/07 02:12 PM Re: Not-So-Good Update on my Brother [Re: TVC15]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Thanks for the update...I know he's going to respond favorably, not only to the treatments but to all the love that's being sent to him and that he's getting from you.

#99780 - 01/04/07 02:33 PM Re: Not-So-Good Update on my Brother [Re: TVC15]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I am so grateful they have procedures that they beleive will help him. That's refreshing. I have a feeling he will be dog tired after next week. I guess your job will be to see that he gets the food and rest he will need. Keep up the great work. You're an awesome caregiver.

#99781 - 01/04/07 02:42 PM Re: Not-So-Good Update on my Brother
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Thank you for sharing the update. Everything sounds very hopeful. Isn't it great to have one more family, here, to share your good and bad times and know there is love enough to keep you going each day?

#99782 - 01/05/07 02:36 AM Re: Not-So-Good Update on my Brother [Re: Anno]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Let me echo Kathy. "We don't mind at all." We want to know how he's doing and how you are doing as well. Keep us posted. I'll be away for a few days, but I will check when I get back on Sunday.

#99783 - 01/05/07 03:01 AM Re: Not-So-Good Update on my Brother [Re: Louisa]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Thanks again. Your words bring such encouragement and support. I don't know what's happening, whether it's the post-Christmas slump or maybe fighting off a cold (three of my houseguests came with bad colds last week!), but I'm so tired, heavy with fatigue. It's not the type of exhaustion that sleep cures, it's that bone-deep fatigue that leaves me feeling paradoxically drained of energy yet restless at the same time. Maybe it's anxiety, helplessness, fear...I admit to being scared. But scared to give into the fear. Yet being brave seems to be taking more energy than I've got...until I come here, and find you holding my courage in your hands, hearts and prayers. I don't think I could be making it through this hard road without you. I think that you are God's answers to my prayer for help and stamina, for it's here that I'm finding the help and stamina I need to "stay the course" day by day.

I don't have the energy to come and participate much these days, but know that I am reading posts and carrying my sisters in prayer each and every day.

Perhaps this is a necessary "downtime" in which to recharge my batteries, since I will have to move in with my brother full-time for awhile starting next week. Whatever it is, it's more blessing than you can imagine to know I'm not alone.

(Maya Angelou)

#99784 - 01/05/07 07:09 AM Re: Not-So-Good Update on my Brother [Re: chickadee]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Hi Eagle, I think of you and Gary a lot and "think good health" for him. I sent a letter and some poems out yesterday.

Poet and essayist

#99785 - 01/05/07 09:21 AM Re: Not-So-Good Update on my Brother [Re: meredithbead]
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Eagle,
You and Gary are still in my prayers. You must be such a blessing for him. God will bless you for all the love you show to everyone around you.
Remember you are in our hearts and prayers.
smile

Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved