The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 115 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#99766 - 12/31/06 10:19 PM Re: Not-So-Good Update on my Brother
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Eagle, what with Gary being so sick (sallow) how did the chemo go? Sometimes I think the so-called "cure" takes a lot of strength to endure. Love and Light, Lynn

#99767 - 01/01/07 02:39 AM Re: Not-So-Good Update on my Brother [Re: Princess Lenora]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Thanks for asking, Lynnie. The chemo itself on Thursday went okay, but he's been more tired and lethargic than usual these past few days. My heart just aches for him. We've been over there every day to help put meals together for him. Tonight he insisted that we make up 2 plates so that we wouldn't have to go back until Wednesday. It's so hard to do that, because I know he won't eat or fare as well when we're not there. Every little thing takes so much energy out of him, even taking dishes out of the dishwasher. So we were trying to stay long enough for the wash to finish so we could take them out, but the threat of imminent freezing rain compelled us to leave earlier. It's those little things that take a lot out of him.

Anyway, sorry for rambling. We're looking forward to his doctor's appointment on Wednesday. That's when we'll find out more about this Autologous Stem-Cell Transplant procedure. I suspect the doctor will want to do it ASAP, while my brother's blood is still good enough to use!

(Maya Angelou)

#99768 - 01/01/07 06:52 PM Re: Not-So-Good Update on my Brother [Re: Eagle Heart]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Eagle,
Thanks for taking the time to update us. Please know we are with you all on Wednesday. You are such an angel on earth. Everyone should be so blessed to have a sister like you.

#99769 - 01/02/07 09:27 PM Re: Not-So-Good Update on my Brother [Re: jawjaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Eagle, please know you all be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow. Make a list of questions for the doctor about the procedure. Do you do that?

#99770 - 01/03/07 02:03 AM Re: Not-So-Good Update on my Brother
Dreamer Offline

Hi Eagle. I've been off the site for a couple of weeks, and am so sorry to read about your brother's condition; and I know how hard it is for you, too. Just know that I, too, and thinking about both of you, you are in my prayers, and I feel there must be a break-through soon in this horrible disease, and I hope your brother is the firt to experience it. My Dad died from a liver ailment, and the things you describe now sound similar; I hope the chemo significantly reduced the size of the tumor near his liver.
With love and warm thoughts,
Dreamer

#99771 - 01/03/07 01:05 PM Re: Not-So-Good Update on my Brother [Re: Dreamer]
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Eagle,
My prayers are with you today!

#99772 - 01/03/07 01:52 PM Re: Not-So-Good Update on my Brother [Re: TVC15]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Thank you everyone. I'm both hopeful and scared. One thing we're hoping for is that my brother will be able to do the week-long chemo as an in-patient. For a lot of reasons, this would work best for him and would be easier for myself and hubby. I'm really tired and could use the break from the constant cleaning and cooking, especially since his appetite is non-existent, so cooking for him has become a nightmarish challenge. I figure a week of hospital food might make me look like a gourmet chef...LOL. Poor guy, I know why he can't eat, but like I keep telling him, my job is to keep the rest of his body healthy so that he has a body to come back to when the cancer is gone. He eats what I serve him, but it's obviously a struggle - most chemo patients don't eat as well as he does - I'm admittedly playing on his inherited stubbornness, you know, that old mind-over-matter thing where you decide to eat even when that's the last thing you feel like doing.

Anyway, we're nervous. But hopeful...we know the doctor wants to start right away, like tomorrow. Now all we have to do is convince him to admit my brother instead of make him (us) do it on an out-patient basis, which will be very tiring and difficult on all of us.

Thank you for your continuing prayer...you do realize that through all of this prayer and care, we're all keeping him alive - and how can I ever thank you for that!!!

(Maya Angelou)

#99773 - 01/03/07 01:56 PM Re: Not-So-Good Update on my Brother [Re: Eagle Heart]
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Just by keeping us posted Eagle!

#99774 - 01/03/07 03:32 PM Re: Not-So-Good Update on my Brother [Re: TVC15]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
My heart and good thoughts will be with you all day today, Eagle. Hope to hear good news when I log on later today.

#99775 - 01/03/07 06:19 PM Re: Not-So-Good Update on my Brother [Re: Anno]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Eagle, I've not been around much but I continue to have you in prayer.

chick

Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved