The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 103 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#99746 - 12/22/06 01:02 PM Re: Not-So-Good Update on my Brother [Re: Eagle Heart]
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Hi Eagle,
I just came across this post. I'm sorry to hear the disappointing news but am joining our sisters in prayer for good results from the radical treatment.
Everyday there are new discoveries being made. Maybe this new treatment is just what he needs!
Please tell him he is in my heart this holiday season.
I understand what you are saying about your brother's spiritual feelings. My Dad was the same way. He wanted cards and letters from everyone but he wanted them to tell him about what they were doing in their lives, not just cards saying how sorry they were. I guess he didn't want to dwell on his own sickness, which is understandable.

#99747 - 12/22/06 02:31 PM Re: Not-So-Good Update on my Brother [Re: TVC15]
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
Eagle
I join with others in praying and hoping that God will give all of you the strength you need to get through the next step of this journey. May His peace be yours....
My Blog: www.ebenezerscribe.blogspot.com

#99748 - 12/22/06 06:49 PM Re: Not-So-Good Update on my Brother [Re: Evie]
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Eagle,
I'm praying for a miracle for your brother and that the doctors be blessed with the wisdom of the Great Physician. He may have a long hard road ahead and I'm sure you are both exhausted, but love will empower you.

Along with Evie and others I will be praying for both of you in this season of peace and miracles. Surround yourself with love and allow peace to fill you.

smile

#99749 - 12/22/06 09:18 PM Re: Not-So-Good Update on my Brother [Re: Eagle Heart]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Eagle, I lit a candle and said the rosary for your brother last night as promised. Tell him he has two people in Oklahoma who hold him tightly in prayer.

luv,
chick

#99750 - 12/22/06 09:20 PM Re: Not-So-Good Update on my Brother [Re: chickadee]
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Eagle my friend....you, your brother and your family are on my "special" prayer list. This is a particularly difficult time of the year to be dealing with this I know but faith will help all of you through it. Big Hugs.....

#99751 - 12/27/06 05:04 AM Re: Not-So-Good Update on my Brother [Re: Pam Kimmell]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
I am so sorry Eagle, please forgive me the PM I sent you. I hadn't seen this post yet. I would like to send him a card as well.

I really pray he is going to be healed. I pray for you to have the strength and endurance. I hope you are taking some breaks too my dear friend.

I love you alot!

Cathi

#99752 - 12/27/06 06:12 AM Re: Not-So-Good Update on my Brother [Re: Wisdom&Life]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Eagle,
As you know I've been away from the boards and am just now reading this post. Your brother is being surrounded by love and prayers of the most giving and caring kind; that of the women on this forum.

We will lift up our voices in prayer and they will become one, and mighty!

We're holding you all very close to our hearts during this difficult time. God bless, JJ

#99753 - 12/27/06 05:09 PM Re: Not-So-Good Update on my Brother [Re: jawjaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Eagle, please send me your mailing address so I have it right in front of me. I'll gladly send him a card with a note and leave it unsealed. That way you can read it before you give it to him. Thank you for letting us be involved in caring for all of you.

Also, it is human to be upset by such news. Some people think prayers don't help. I'm not one of them. Who knows what the news might have been had we not been praying...

#99754 - 12/27/06 06:24 PM Re: Not-So-Good Update on my Brother
Happy Birthday Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Eagle Heart, how did your brother do over Christmas? Hope he had a wonderful warm Christmas in the love of his family.
My best wishes and prayer goes to him and you, for the strength you will continue to need.

#99755 - 12/27/06 06:56 PM Re: Not-So-Good Update on my Brother [Re: Edelweiss]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I thank you all so much with all my heart for caring as you do! What joy you bring to my life.

Cathi, I loved your PM and will not forgive you for sending it. You warmed my heart with your thoughtfulness.

JJ, I'm glad you're feeling better - I've missed your voice terribly!

Dotsie, "Who knows what the news might have been had we not been praying..." I've thought of that many, many times over the past few weeks - how much of a difference your prayers and care have made, not only in my brother's continuing ability to fight this beast, but in MY ability to stay serene and still enough for him to lean against as he does battle.

Hannelore, he drove himself over (and back home) on the 24th, 25th and today. Even just that is both good and bad - good in that it's good that he's getting himself out and about; bad in that it takes a visible toll on his energy. He's very weak and noticeably pale today. It's frightening. And watching him on Christmas Day broke my heart, and continues to bring tears to my eyes if I pay too close attention to just how weak he is becoming right before our eyes.

I do need strength. And courage. And hope. I'm finding it here, through your prayers and support, and adamantly clinging to God's avowal that He loves us beyond our imagination. Deep breaths. Now I can go back upstairs and sit with him without leaking...

(Maya Angelou)

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved