The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 143 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#99736 - 12/21/06 03:31 PM Re: Not-So-Good Update on my Brother [Re: Danita]
reyro Offline

Loc: Kentucky
Eagle Heart, I'm so sorry to hear about your brother and my thoughts and prayers will be with him and your family through this tough time. From my understanding this procedure Autologous Transplant is where they harvest good blood cells either from the bone marrow or the blood stream from your brother and they give him high doses of chemotheraphy to kill the cancer cells which in part will radically decrease his immune system then they will transplant the good cells. I have a friend who's son just had a similiar transplant approximately 6 weeks ago, except instead of using his own blood or marrow as in your brothers case they used his sisters cells to do the transplant and he is doing wonderful. Eagle Heart I have faith that God will see your brother through this just as he had my friends son. Again I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

Rosie

Healthy Skin Care

#99737 - 12/21/06 03:35 PM Re: Not-So-Good Update on my Brother [Re: reyro]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Eagle,

My prayers are with all of you during this time.

#99738 - 12/21/06 03:37 PM Re: Not-So-Good Update on my Brother [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Eagle, we're with you girl. Take a minute now and allow yourself to feel all the hugs and prayers coming from your BWS friends.

#99739 - 12/21/06 05:24 PM Re: Not-So-Good Update on my Brother [Re: Dianne]
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Eagle, I am sooo sorry to hear this, but hope springs eternal... I know your faith is strong and you won't give up. God is in control and He knows what's best for everyone's soul.
Every day, I pray a prayer called the Divine Mercy chaplet. (If you're interested, PM me and I'll send it to you). It is especially beneficial for the sick. Anyway, here is the last prayer in it:
Eternal God, in whom mercy is ENDLESS, and the treasury of compassion, INEXHAUSTIBLE; look kindly upon us and increase your mercy IN us, that in difficult moments, we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to YOUR Holy Will, which IS love and mercy, itself.
The emphasis is mine, it's just the way I like to pray it, focusing on those key elements.
His Holy Will IS love and mercy itself...
(((HUGS))) for you and your brother.

In My Father's house are many mansions...John 14:2

http://www.myspace.com/westernbluebird

#99740 - 12/21/06 06:23 PM Re: Not-So-Good Update on my Brother [Re: Bluebird]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Thank you everyone for your kind support. I admit that my heart has been very heavy today and my eyes a bit leaky. I'm scared. But refusing to give into discouragement - I do trust that God is with me/us and IS answering my heartfelt prayer that He bless us according to His will for us, whatever that ends up being.

Thank you Jackie for sharing that prayer. The words I keep hearing are to "keep faith". I have had enough experience of God's mercy and compassion to know that He has not, nor ever will, abandon us...if it's His will to bring my brother through this alive and well to the other side, then nothing will stop that from happening. And if it's not His will, well...let's not go there yet...suffice to say that I trust.

Rosie, your sharing about your friend's son is more hope-inspiring than you can know. It has helped me tremendously this morning. Thanks.

(Maya Angelou)

#99741 - 12/21/06 06:24 PM Re: Not-So-Good Update on my Brother [Re: Bluebird]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Eagle, my brother is visiting us this Christmas. He means the world to me. I know your brother means that to you too. What you have been doing for him through his illness is the epitome of sisterly love. I hope and pray there will be a change for the better.
Hannelore

#99742 - 12/21/06 06:39 PM Re: Not-So-Good Update on my Brother [Re: Edelweiss]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Eagle, My thoughts and prayers are with you today. I wish I could drop by and give you a big hug. Tonight I will light a candle for hope and say the rosary for your brother.

Keeping the faith with you.

Luv,
chick

#99743 - 12/21/06 08:09 PM Re: Not-So-Good Update on my Brother [Re: chickadee]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I so deeply believe in the goodness gathered here in this forum and a closeness to God we are all so fortunate to share that the prayers of us all put together will reach God loud and clear bringing his full attention to your brother, and unless God has need of him up in heaven, he will heal him. My own love is strong for you and your brother, you are both so brave...Can I send him cards or maybe a letter? Does he have an email addrerss? You can PM or email me with them if its okay, if not just tell him please that he is in so many of our prayers...

Edited by chatty lady (12/21/06 08:11 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#99744 - 12/21/06 08:43 PM Re: Not-So-Good Update on my Brother [Re: chatty lady]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
That's a good idea, Chatty. We could all cheer up Gary and let him know we are all thinking and praying for him. Maybe we can PM our cards and wishes through Eagle which she could then print out.

Eagle, my prayers continue to be full of hope, trust and for strength.

#99745 - 12/21/06 11:49 PM Re: Not-So-Good Update on my Brother [Re: Lola]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Chatty and Lola, I would LOVE my brother to get some cards/notes in the mail. He lives alone and except for a few Christmas cards (three of them from me) he doesn't get much personal mail.

The only thing I would ask anyone who wants to send him a card is to not "evangelize" him. We have an aunt who does that, and it's just not going over well. My brother has a very quiet faith that he's still exploring, and can be easily overwhelmed and turned off by what we call "scriptural head-hammering". He definitely is profoundly grateful for all of your prayers and takes comfort and hope from the prayerful support from so many people he's never even met! He's awed by that...as am I.

I have to ask him before giving out his address. But if anyone wanted to send him a card/note through me in the meantime, I would make sure he gets it. You can either send it snail mail, email or PM and I'll pass everything along to him.

Thanks so much for your thoughtfulness, Chatty! I don't know how I could manage to be "brave" without you and my sisters here to lean against.

(Maya Angelou)

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved