The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 169 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#99400 - 12/16/06 05:14 AM $5,000 Reward to Catch Dog Abuser(s)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ladies, a $5,000 reward in FL & SC is available if you have information regarding the below:

December 10, 2006 - A shocking discovery for police in Cayce, SC - a dog set on fire and left to die.

Sunday, officials are looking for the dog's owner as well as the people responsible.

A dog tortured, burned, and killed. That's what Cayce public safety officials say happened inside an abandoned building.

"There was some blood trails and they found an animal that had been tortured, killed and set on fire," said Lieutenant Thomas Steinbring.

The dog was so badly burned, authorities aren't even sure who or what it was. Officials say it appeared to be a mixed Labrador-pit bull.

"I'm real surprised about what's going on here," said neighborhood landlord Albert C. Lawrimore.

Some neighbors shocked, and others say they're simply scared. One woman told News 10 off-camera she called police after seeing four men wearing red enter the old grammar school building, and later run out.

Police found gang-graffiti inside, but thus far it's unclear whether the dog-burning itself is gang-related.

"It could be gang related, we've not ruled that out right now," said Steinbring.

"It's hard to comprehend," said Lawrimore.

Police say the dog had a black leather collar decorated with silver Scottish terrier emblems. Authorities would like to find it's owner.

The search is also on for the men seen running away from the building. If you have any information, you can contact Cayce police at (803) 794-0456.

Updated 10:06pm by Logan Smith

#99401 - 12/16/06 08:01 AM Re: $5,000 Reward to Catch Dog Abuser(s) [Re: ]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
In Germany any kind of animal torture is punished with three years behind bars. No bail possible. Do they have something like that in the states?
What a sick person he must be to do this. Hope they catch him.

#99402 - 12/16/06 09:44 AM Re: $5,000 Reward to Catch Dog Abuser(s) [Re: Edelweiss]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
The laws vary from state to state Hannelore. A man recently received 22 years for torturing a dog by putting it into a microwave. Dogs and babys, my God....I am on a commitee that is always lobbying to have the animal cruelty laws made stricter with harsher punishment. It has changed alot and instead of a misdemeanor, it is a felony in most states to torture or kill an animal...One step at a time has taken us a long way so far.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#99403 - 12/17/06 01:17 AM Re: $5,000 Reward to Catch Dog Abuser(s) [Re: chatty lady]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
dogs and babies.....

homeless people....and the above mentioned dog....

Animal or person no one should have to go throw that type of treatment or end to their life. I don't put animals above people in importance but neither do i exclude them as being important...if that makes sence. Any sentient being never should be subjected to any of this.

well dun and thank god for the lobbieying, chatty-lady animals with no voice need concered adults to speak on their behalf, as destressing as it may be for you at times keep at it girl...

celtic_flame

#99404 - 01/01/07 09:53 PM Re: $5,000 Reward to Catch Dog Abuser(s) [Re: celtic_flame]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Thanks Celtic, I have seen more abuse than anyone should see and it takes all the strength I can muster not to become dark spirited by it all. I just pray harder to God that he help create a world where there is no abuse to anyone, human, or otherwise. Thanks for your kind words.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#99405 - 01/06/07 03:50 PM Abuse is so disheartening... [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Thank God for people like you, Chatty. Hang-in there and keep fighting for the underdog. The elderly are taking a beating these days from greedy family members who try to hurry up their inheritances. Folks worked their entire lives to build an estate and have something to leave their families, and then suffer prematurely because the kids don't want to care for their very own benefactors. What a nutsy world this is!!! And don't even get me started on animal abuse. I love animals. I can't stand the thought of anyone hurting them. RESCUE is the word here!!!
Blessings and prayers,
B. Rose

#99406 - 01/06/07 04:13 PM Re: Abuse is so disheartening... [Re: jabber]
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I agree, Chatty, you are a wonderful person for all the work you do for those poor animals. (You're wonderful for other reasons too)
You have to be a very sick human to torture and kill an animal like that.

#99407 - 01/06/07 10:10 PM Re: Abuse is so disheartening... [Re: TVC15]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
If something happened to David and I, my kids would fight over my pets. They love them almost as much as I do.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved