The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 90 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#99368 - 12/15/06 05:34 PM Today is my daughter's birthday
bamgibbs Offline

Loc: Durham, NC
Seventeen years ago I had a baby girl and decided to name her Janie Samantha after the grandmothers of my ex and me.

Lord knows, ALOT has happened in 17 years--the times when I questioned my parenting skills...the times she made me so proud when she was recognized for being an honor roll student. Seeing her on the cheerleading squad is always a "proud mama" moment. She was a latchkey kid for many years but she managed to make it through.

Just a few short months ago, she was near death after being diagnosed with cardiomyopathy--a heart disease the doctors at Duke said was truly rare for a girl her age.

But through all of this, today we celebrate and I ask that you join me in praising God for our children!

Peace & Blessings,
Beverly Mahone
Author, Whatever! A Baby Boomer's Journey Into Middle Age
Purchase your copy of “Hope for the Holidays” at http://www.talk2bev.com/holiday.htm

“I’m not a writer because I wrote a book. I wrote a book because I was inspired by God.”

#99369 - 12/15/06 06:57 PM Re: Today is my daughter's birthday [Re: bamgibbs]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
bamgibbs,

bet youve had to be realoly strong throw all of this. Is it a bittersweet day? Is that the right word even....

whish your doughter a happy birthday from us two this side of the pond

celtic_flame

#99370 - 12/15/06 10:23 PM Re: Today is my daughter's birthday [Re: celtic_flame]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Blessings to your daughter and her mother, you, of course.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#99371 - 12/15/06 11:19 PM Re: Today is my daughter's birthday [Re: chatty lady]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Bless you and bless your daughter.

You are right, celebrate our children. I was fortunate today - I had the opportunity to spend a whole day talking to middle school children (I played hall monitor) and I, once again, was so impressed by the brilliance of the children. Let's all celebrate our children - those that belong to us by blood and those that belong to us through community.

#99372 - 12/16/06 08:45 AM Re: Today is my daughter's birthday [Re: Anno]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Bev, once you've experienced the 'worry pain' in almost losing a child, the memory of that pain never goes away. When my son was six years old we almost lost him through illness. I sometimes still get nightmares about that time.
I rejoice with you that your daughter has recovered, and that you are able to celebrate many birthdays with her.
Happy birthday to your daughter.

#99373 - 12/16/06 07:40 PM Re: Today is my daughter's birthday [Re: Edelweiss]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Celebrating with you for your daughter. I'm happy to hear she's doing well. Does she have to take any medication to help with that condition? I'm guessing exercise is good for her since she's a cheerleader. That must have been miserably frightening.

#99374 - 12/16/06 10:46 PM Re: Today is my daughter's birthday
bamgibbs Offline

Loc: Durham, NC
Thank you all for the well wishes.

She's had a miraculous recovery but isn't out of the woods just yet. Yes, Dotise...the exercise is good but she is no longer allowed to be the one tumbled in the air

Peace & Blessings,
Beverly Mahone
Author, Whatever! A Baby Boomer's Journey Into Middle Age
Purchase your copy of “Hope for the Holidays” at http://www.talk2bev.com/holiday.htm

“I’m not a writer because I wrote a book. I wrote a book because I was inspired by God to write.”

#99375 - 12/17/06 12:06 AM Re: Today is my daughter's birthday [Re: bamgibbs]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
My good wishes for your daughter's 17th birthday, Bev. And yes, I join you in celebrating God's blessings. Seventeen! Gosh, it would be nice to be 17 again. Even just for a day.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved