The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 142 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#99197 - 12/14/06 07:18 PM book on writing?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Since there's an active topic going in the other forum, I chose to put this here. Anyone read I Gotta Crow: Women, Voice, and Writing, by Jill Hackett? Just wondering if I should buy it.

#99198 - 12/15/06 06:27 PM Re: book on writing?
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Sorry, Dotsie, I've never read it.

But, I can recommend On Writing by Stephen King.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#99199 - 12/15/06 10:53 PM Re: book on writing? [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
My favorite of all the writing books is:

DAMN! WHY DIDN'T I WRITE THAT?
How Ordinary People are Raking in $100,000.00 Or More, Writing Nonfiction Books & You Can Too!
by Marc McCutcheon

You have to see this one to believe it and believe it you will...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#99200 - 12/15/06 11:10 PM Re: book on writing? [Re: chatty lady]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Okay, Chatty. I would love to make $100,000 next year. Would this book, with effort of course, make it possible?

Dotsie, I have never heard of the book.

#99201 - 12/16/06 08:48 AM Re: book on writing? [Re: Anno]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
On Writing by Stephen King too. He was so refreshingly honest about how hard it is to get into the market. I thought it was an excellent book.

#99202 - 12/16/06 10:31 PM Re: book on writing? [Re: Edelweiss]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Anno no book can accomplish that, we need to do it for ourselves but while writing book reviews for Long Ridge Writers School in Connecticut, this was one book that sruck out in my mind as a catalyst leading towards that goal.

#99203 - 12/16/06 11:59 PM Re: book on writing? [Re: chatty lady]
Happy Birthday Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Anno, I am thinking that you might ask yourself first what you want to accomplish with your writing. Is it about making money? Or is it about getting a message, product, or service across to others? Is writing your passion or a hobby? Or is what you are writing about your ministry/mission. For example, our Dianne says she was an author before she was a writer. She says that she had a message to get across to others about experiencing and overcoming DV. She felt called to write a book. Now, she writes because she learned that she loved writing. I hope Dianne doesn't mind that I used her example. I'd say that you visit each Featured Author section here on BWS because your cohorts who are writers have profound, proficient, and prolific information. Oh, and many writers don't make money a dollar per book unless you sell a zillion copies. Most writers make money by public speaking. They become experts on their topics, and do presentations. Dotsie, I never heard of this book or the one Chatty speaks of. I'll check into them. There are so many good books on writing. Maybe BWS can do an anthology of our stories about our writing, kind of like "Chicken Soup for the Writer's Soul" by BWS. There really is a CSFTWS and it's inspiring.

Edited by Lynnie (12/17/06 12:01 AM)

#99204 - 12/17/06 12:32 PM Re: book on writing? [Re: Princess Lenora]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Oops. I was really only kidding! Chatty mentioned the book and the subtitle said how ordinary people are earning $100,000. I just meant I would love to make that kind of money this year. I really have no ambition to write a book, at this time. I know there is a book in me, but it is not one of my current goals.

Thanks, though, for the thoughtful feedback. I do know that being an author is not easy and I sure hope that none of you talented authors thought I was being flippant.

#99205 - 12/19/06 11:38 PM Re: book on writing? [Re: Anno]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Perish the thought Anno, knew you were only teasing.

#99206 - 12/20/06 09:24 PM Re: book on writing? [Re: chatty lady]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Chatty, do you still have Marc's book? My, what a small world we live in. Marc quoted me two or three times in his book and actually ended the book with my words (a real honor). Marc was my agent. We became very close during that time and he's just the greatest guy in the world. But, he got a five book contract and stopped agenting. It's so strange that you mention him here and his book is really, really good!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved