The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 183 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#99217 - 01/01/07 08:44 AM Re: book on writing? [Re: Dianne]
Bathbuddys Offline

Loc: Midwest
Hi,
I got this book at half dot com and it does have some pretty darn good stuff in it.
I like this writer as he is so unselfish. I also believe what he says about writers not wanting to let anyone see their books in progress as of fear of someone taking their ideas. It is not only hard to do when it is non-fiction as if it isn't your story, it is very hard to copy as we are so individual in our experiences.
I myself am not in a good spot with my writing as I believe I have about 4 different stories to tell and not knowing where to begin. I am just overloading myself.
I have let go of one of my store building (long process) and in the mean time I am listing all this stuff from my store in three different places and plan on what doesn't sell to get it on my website. oh k I'm done.
I am not not done reading this whole book yet, but so far ya can't go wrong.

Nancy - I WISH YOU ALL A HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR!

#99218 - 01/01/07 06:34 PM Re: book on writing? [Re: Princess Lenora]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I also loved Stephen King's book on writing. Anne Lamont's book, Bird by Bird, is another good book on writing.

#99219 - 01/02/07 06:03 PM Re: book on writing? [Re: jawjaw]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Lynnie, it was: Damn, why didn't I write that?

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#99220 - 01/04/07 01:18 PM Re: book on writing? [Re: Dianne]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
bathbuddys, good to see you agin. Thanks for the information on the book.

I also loved Bird By Bird. Anne LaMott's writing is so flat out honest. I've read a couple of her books. Haven't read the latest one though. Too many books and not enough time!

#99221 - 01/05/07 06:59 AM Re: book on writing?
Bathbuddys Offline

HI,
I'm finished with the DAMN! book.. hehe
it is very informative and I am sure that I will use it as reference in the future.
I am in the process of gathering books that my aunt has written so that I can read them all.
She writes VERY spiritual books and I need to do that now.
Her name is Kristen Johnson Ingram and I don't know if any of you have ever read any of her books, but I have 5 of them now that I got from Amazon.com over the last two weeks.
I believe she has written at least 20 and she also teaches seminars everywhere. VERY sought out woman from what I hear.. hehe
She was always my favorite aunt and talks about our family a little as examples in her books. She still continues to allow a few very lucky goats in her house. hehe

I am making some new things right now but starting to reach out and talk again to people on the net.

ALL 3 of my boys are going to be deployed in the next couple of months and I just cannot take this one with all of them going overseas. I just don't know how I will cope.

Thanks for letting me participate here, it is helping to get to know myself a little better.

Nancy

#99222 - 01/05/07 09:52 AM Re: book on writing? [Re: Bathbuddys]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Been wondering where you'd gotten off to. Glad to see you posting again my dear....

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#99223 - 01/05/07 07:29 PM Re: book on writing? [Re: chatty lady]
Bathbuddys Offline

Thanks Chatty,
I seem to have a constant lump in my throat, but REALLY trying my hardest to get out of this.
It was ALWAYS easy when the boys were home! So Much to laugh about and a reason to get out of bed huh?

Okay now I am reading another book on The Entrepenuers Soul (sp?) It is a good one too, I cannot believe how some BIG names got started, Just unbelievable.!
It is just backing up what the featured author this month is saying. Basically take risks, even if you are afraid as it isn't going to jump in your lap! Or put you in someone's lap.... lol

Hugs,
Nancy

#99224 - 01/06/07 11:32 AM Re: book on writing? [Re: Bathbuddys]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Most of you know Janis/Smilinize, she designed my website and set it all up for me. She's told me umpteen times in the past that one day I was going to be big (no not about weight) and I'm finally beginning to believe maybe shes right. Lord I hope so. I am woking hard to make it a reality! I now have students from Long Ridge running their assignments by me for critique/editing. Taking risks has paid off so far and I am so glad to have taken them.

Edited by chatty lady (01/06/07 11:34 AM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#99225 - 01/06/07 03:37 PM Re: book on writing? [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Bathbuddys, I feel compelled to add to your post and say that it doesn't matter if you have 8 books or 3 books inside your head, they will remain there until you start. Staring doesn't mean that you put some sort of permanence on the action, but it does mean you ACTED, or took the first step. Just start. Don't EVEN think about editing or even deciding which book or story must be the one told.

Just start. The important thing is to begin. Some writers think if they actually start, then they can't walk away from it, leave it, or take a break from it. This isn't true. I can't tell you how many times I've started and stopped some projects. If I had a nickel for every time, I'd be driving a better car.

So don't be so hard on yourself. Writer's do that to themselves. Give yourself permission to start, but also give yourself permission to live, laugh, love, and do many things!

I'm thinking of you and your children and will be holding all of you close!

#99226 - 01/06/07 05:30 PM Re: book on writing? [Re: jawjaw]
Jane_Carroll Offline

JJ, that is so true...I was at least half way through Bertha...that sounds weird!...before I started the editing process. I knew that if I started too soon that I would get discouraged and quit...that's why I initially started writing in long hand...I edit too much when I compose on the computer.

I have pieces I've started and just filed away...I'll get back to them one day...who knows when?

You may find writing to be a comfort when the boys are away...my thoughts are with you there!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved