The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 144 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#99119 - 12/14/06 02:06 AM Time to relax.....
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Well, I really need to relax now, because I posted this topic and it disappeared from the planet, so now I need to "breath deep" and post it again.

When I sit at my keyboard all day long, I often don't realize how tense my body gets. I try to take a few minutes each day and follow these steps. (Normally with my eyes closed, but you won't be able to follow along now will you?)

First, feel your face. Don't touch it, just sense it. Sense your eyebrows - are they raised? Lower them and allow them to relax. Sense your mouth - are your lips pursed and tight? Loosen and relax them. Is your jaw tight and your teeth clenched. Let them go slack and drop down. Now take a deep breath.

Next, feel your shoulders. Are they raised up high and tight? Allow them to drop and hang loose, feel the tension slipping away. How about your back? Is it hunched? Lean back in your chair and relax. Now take a deep breath.

Now, starting at the top of your arms and moving all the way down to your hands, allow your muscles to relax. Feel the warmth as you move down your arms, consciously allowing each muscle to relax as you go. Feel your wrists go slack. Take a minute to sense each and every finger. Feel your pinkie, let it relax, feel the warmth....then move on to your next finger and your next on both hands. Then take a deep breath.

Now move back up to your face; is it still relaxed? Gently drop your head down on to your chest, and slowly roll it to the left, then back, to the right, and then back to your chest. Let it hang there and relax for a minute or so. Then take a deep breath.

How do you feel? I know it helps me, and wondered if it might help any of you - let me know... If I can't sleep at night, I find this really helps me to relax and drift away. I rarely get to my feet before I fall asleep.
Kathy

#99120 - 12/14/06 03:18 PM Re: Time to relax..... [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Oh girl, were my shoulders ever raised high! Dang. I know this about myself already, but feeling them all stacked high was horrible. I even prayed and walked already this morning.

Here's what works for me when I carry tension in my shoulders. I hang. Yup. And I'm getting too heavy to hang for too long. HA! But it pulls every bit of tension out of my shoulders. The only problem is that I probably could benefit from doing it every few hours.

Great exercise Kathy.

#99121 - 12/14/06 11:16 PM Re: Time to relax.....
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I have been doing something similar for years, and it is phenomenal. So much tension released so easily.

I hang too, Dotsie. Well, I let my head hang in yoga. It does wonders for stress and for flexibility.

#99122 - 12/14/06 11:29 PM Re: Time to relax..... [Re: Anno]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
great wee bit of two minet relaxasion june.

Some study showed woman hold most of their tension in their sholders, yet as you have just showen a few minets mindfoldness dose wonders for you re relaxasion

i am a big fan of it and try to be body concise about physical tension

celtic_flame

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved