The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 121 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#99050 - 12/13/06 01:56 AM Rollercoaster..feeling better then sadly it rains
Cynthy Offline

Loc: California
Yesterday the lovely encouraging, beautiful cards from you dear friends....I have been feeling pretty well considering the season, the weather and despite my grief after only 5 short mos. since Dave is gone. Today a different story as the rain fell all day and feeling stronger, began sorting thru a bit of dear Dave's things and fell apart. Guess I'm not yet ready to dive into that yet. One more day of my weekend and I hope the weather and my mood, c l e a r s. Thanks again everyone for being here for me. Its silly, but sometimes I still just can't believe Dave is really gone and never coming back to me....Life is so sweet and short, dear God give me strength and your prayers will help me too I know.

#99051 - 12/13/06 02:14 AM Re: Rollercoaster..feeling better then sadly it rains [Re: Cynthy]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Cynthy, that has to be one of the most difficult hurdles to get over, going through a beloved's things. When my Dad and Mom died, it was too agonizing for many, many months. I finally had to go through several boxes of photos in order to divvy them up amongst my brothers and nieces. Oh, it was unbelievably painful. There were photos in those boxes of Mom that I had never seen before, pictures of her as a young girl - her life was unfolding before my eyes and it was then that I realized how little I knew, and how many questions I could have asked her about who she was in these pictures.

I remember that agony as if it was yesterday. The tears and the sharp piercing of my heart. I could only do a little bit at a time, then leave it for awhile, and come back to it. Slowly but surely it became easier, perhaps because I knew exactly how agonizing it was going to be and so would wait until I felt up to handling a little bit more.

Our prayers and compassion and thoughts are with you tonight and through the coming weeks...come here often, Cynthy, we'll help you through as best as we can...

(Maya Angelou)

#99052 - 12/13/06 02:42 AM Re: Rollercoaster..feeling better then sadly it rains [Re: Eagle Heart]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Cynthy, I would imagine your roller coaster ride is very common, especially at this time of year. I am remembering you in prayer. Please keep reaching out to those around you, virtually and in town. I pray your heart feels lighter.

#99053 - 12/13/06 09:13 AM Re: Rollercoaster..feeling better then sadly it rains
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Its been so many hears I can barely count them and my life has taken many twists and turns but still the holidays remind me of my dear one that has been gone so long. He was my young, bright shining star that loved life. Your loss is still so fresh and fills your heart but please know, those of us that have experienced this kind of loss are here for you and praying, and those that have not are praying for us all, and offer their unending support. Come and talk whenever you feel the need, or just to say hello.

Edited by chatty lady (12/13/06 09:17 AM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#99054 - 12/13/06 08:08 PM Re: Rollercoaster..feeling better then sadly it rains [Re: chatty lady]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Bless your heart. I'm so sorry for this pain. Maybe it's too soon to go through his things. You will be in my thoughts and prayers today. Please know that I care.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#99055 - 12/13/06 08:19 PM Re: Rollercoaster..feeling better then sadly it rains [Re: Dianne]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I think about you often, and wonder how you are doing. You will find the right time to go through his things. I, too, will hold you in my heart today and pray for comfort for you.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved