The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 150 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#98942 - 12/13/06 01:35 AM Re: Chain E-mails [Re: ]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
I think the emails warning about bad luck if you don't forward them are the worst. They encourage superstition and fear, I hate them and delete them.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#98943 - 12/13/06 03:42 AM Re: Chain E-mails [Re: Saundra]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I hate them too. It's like emotional blackmail or something.

#98944 - 12/13/06 04:46 PM Re: Chain E-mails [Re: Louisa]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Yes,
I get upset and forward them and going to stop it Lousia they are scary or scar you half to death that something is going to happen if you don't send them out.

Delete , Delete I will from now on.

#98945 - 12/13/06 10:21 PM Re: Chain E-mails [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I ignore the ones that say if you don't send this to 10 people in then next fifteen minutes the fleas of 1000 camels will nest in your nose, or something equally stupid. The ones I hate are the ones that are a warning of something awful and they sound so sincere, I gladly forward them to warn all my friends and then I get the email from JJ telling me I have been hoaxed (punked) yet again, drat, dang and phooey. So now I hesitate to even forward the sincere sounding warning ones....No good deed goes unpunished!

Edited by chatty lady (12/13/06 10:24 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#98946 - 12/13/06 10:25 PM Re: Chain E-mails [Re: chatty lady]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Well, I for one loved getting your mails Chatty. You can forward them to me any time.

#98947 - 12/13/06 11:09 PM Re: Chain E-mails [Re: Edelweiss]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Chatty, I LOVE your emails - hubby too, and my brother too when I forward the ones to him that I know he'd like. Please don't stop. I was hoping that this thread wouldn't deter you from continuing to share them around. You originally added me to the list because you knew I was so lonely and never got any email - well, it doesn't matter how many emails I get nowadays, I always look forward to yours!

(Maya Angelou)

#98948 - 12/14/06 10:10 AM Re: Chain E-mails [Re: Eagle Heart]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
You guys are just great and I do still send some after I check them out on hoaxes unlimited. Not the real name but it will do for now. I'm glad when I send one and JJ tells me its bogus because I then hurry and tell everyone I sent it to. Like the one about putting your ATM in number in backwards if someone has you at gunpoint or something. My DIL said a cop told her work place ladies about it, so I forwarded it and guess what, a hoax. Sounded like a really good idea to me, maybe they will start doing that, who knows....

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#98949 - 12/14/06 12:01 PM Re: Chain E-mails [Re: chatty lady]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Chatty, I have a friend who checks these out for me on Snopes.com, but sometimes I do it myself. Most emails like that come up a hoax. some people apparently have nothing better to do than sit there thinking up this stuff. Since my husband has been a banker for 46 years, I doubted the one
about the ATM thing. I'm sure he would have known that one. Imagine someone sitting there thinking, "Well how about I tell people to put their ATM code in backwards if they are ever held at gunpoint at a machine?" Or, "Wonder if they'll believe their lipstick will give them cancer?" I had two of those lipstick brands and tried what it said. They did not turn black. However, a third one did. Turns out that is what happens anyway in most cases. It's from the metal. It was hard to get all the lipstick smears off my hand too.

Louisa

#98950 - 12/14/06 05:05 PM Re: Chain E-mails [Re: Louisa]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
I confess I am quilty as charge for getting them and forwarding them Lousia and chatty . We get sucked into this stuff , but do like the love that ask you about yourself and friends . Like what do you do for christmas . No more will they be sent . I get the ones for Freebies from a friend that is nice . Oh, that lipstick one was a hoax from the start Lousia and found that out fast .

Sorry Lousia ,

Renee

#98951 - 12/14/06 07:47 PM Re: Chain E-mails [Re: Sadie]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
They annoy the life out of me, what i didn'tknow was that it was a tracking system for live email addresses for spam, thanks dianna

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved