The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 165 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#98727 - 12/11/06 11:08 PM Re: Closetology [Re: Louisa]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Books! How do you decide which ones to get rid of? I have so many and I can't part with any of them. And it's weird because I recall Mom being the same way, but I didn't get it back then. When we were cleaning out their house, I wanted her to get rid of all of them. Now I get it.

#98728 - 12/12/06 09:13 PM Re: Closetology
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I'm a book horder too. Any available space in my house has books on it. My shelves are double and tripled with books. They overflow.

But, I don't want to give any of them away. I like my books.

Every year I go through my closet and remove clothes I haven't worn that year. I bag them up and donate them. I do the same thing with my husband's clothes.

I have teddy bear stuff everywhere.. I mean EVERYWHERE. And even boxed up because I can't fit all of it out in the house. Did I mention I collect teddy bears?
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#98729 - 12/13/06 06:57 AM Re: Closetology [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
When I bought this house back in 1981, there were 2 things that sold me: 1. the vaulted ceilings; and 2. LOTS of closet space.

And closets are definitely like purses -- the bigger they are, the more stuff you put in them. And you never have enough room, no matter how big they are. I think it's a law of physics -- junk expands to fill all available space.

Poet and essayist

#98730 - 12/13/06 03:52 PM Re: Closetology [Re: meredithbead]
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
nature abhors a vacuum

same goes with time - ever noticed how when you finally "free up" time, something comes along to fill it?
My Blog: www.ebenezerscribe.blogspot.com

#98731 - 12/15/06 09:28 AM Re: Closetology [Re: Evie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I'll never forget the day my girlfriend and I were sitting at her mothers kitchen table when her mom, then in her 50's, said to Patty my friend. "You know I was at Dorries last night and she was crying and asking God why, why, she was just a mess." I asked her what was the matter and she said, "Oh Mary, my Anthony has come out of the closet after all these years, no wonder he never had a girlfriend."

Not knowing what she was fussing about, I patted her on the shoulder and told her I had to go home now and start dinner, and then she said, "please don't tell anybody." I said of course not.

"What could I tell somebody. Well really, what was wrong with him anyway, how long did he stay in that closet and why did he go in there in the first place and imagine any girl wanting to be shut up in some closet with her nutty son?"

My friends mom was a bit behind the times as you can see by her answers. Patty my friend and I laughed so hard we were literally rolling on the floor floor in hyterics. You should have seen her moms face when we were finally able to explain what coming out if the closet meant....

She just looked at us then she said "Oh my" shook her head and made the sign of the cross while saying, "mamma mia closets are for clothes, not for fancy boys coming in and out of them."

Edited by chatty lady (12/15/06 09:49 AM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#98732 - 01/03/07 07:59 PM Re: Closetology [Re: chatty lady]
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
JJ, I missed this one first time around. Congratulations on your big win.
I wonder what she'd say about someone who runs around in blue jeans, baggy sweatshirts and sneakers all the time?
I sure could use some closet, dressing and organization advice.
Mostly though, I think my problem is too much time spent on the computer and not enough time spent putting things away!

#98733 - 01/04/07 01:38 AM Re: Closetology [Re: TVC15]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Hear! Hear! I mean HERE...HERE....me, too. Dotsie and I were just talking about Jackie yesterday. I have GOT to call her and invite her in here. I bet she could give us all some really great advice!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved