The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 124 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#98707 - 12/09/06 03:20 PM Closetology
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Wuhoo! I won! Kinda of...

I subscribe to a newsletter by Jackie Walker, http://www.optiondressing.com/about.html, author of the book, "I DON'T HAVE A THING TO WEAR, The Psychology of Your Closet."

AnyHOO, she said that the first five people that sent her a story about wanting to change their lives through their closets would received a complimentary “Closetology” CD! How cool is that? Her newsletter, The Dr. of Closetology, is fun and I always learn something.

I can't wait to get the CD. She said it's on it's way but I don't know if she meant by plane, train, or automobile since I didn't give her my address. Hmm....maybe I need to ask.

I told Jackie she needs to come here and join in the fun. She could tell us all HOW to "fix" our closet problems!

#98708 - 12/09/06 03:22 PM Re: Closetology [Re: jawjaw]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
How Cool! Sounds interesting, because I can go shopping and then the next day (especially if I'm feeling fat) I will try on a gazillion things and never feel like I look good!

Let us know what's on the CD when you get it, k?

#98709 - 12/09/06 03:42 PM Re: Closetology [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Congrats, JJ.

Dr. of Closets? Boy could I use some help there.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#98710 - 12/09/06 04:14 PM Re: Closetology [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Don't you just admire organized people? I do. And...I want to BE one. Someday....sigh.

#98711 - 12/09/06 05:16 PM Re: Closetology [Re: jawjaw]
Jane_Carroll Offline

I love closets...I've spent lots of years in older houses with limited space...not even enough room for the closet CD in my current house!

Yeah, JJ!

#98712 - 12/09/06 05:52 PM Re: Closetology [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
I've heard of these houses that have closets - broom closets, coat closets, closets in the bedrooms......I always thought it was some sort of myth, a legend, a dream......

sigh.....apparantly, closets were not in style in the late 20's when my house was built by the Finnish people who settled in this area....(are there closets in Finland???)

In my next life, I'd love a house with a walk-in closet in the bedroom, and place to store the vacuum, mop, etc. etc....

I suffer seriously from closet envy....
My Blog: www.ebenezerscribe.blogspot.com

#98713 - 12/09/06 06:49 PM Re: Closetology [Re: Evie]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Evie,
In Europe, or so I understand this, there are very few closets because the housing was AND is, taxed on the space, including closets, so that's probably why your house didn't include them as well...European influence? I once had a 9x12 closet. It was a dream; unfortunately, the marriage wasn't.

I guess you could say I have organize envy! We all have somepen...eh?

#98714 - 12/09/06 07:35 PM Re: Closetology [Re: jawjaw]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Evie, I wish I could send you one. We have lots here. Mind you, they're all crammed so full you can barely see inside of them. But for you, I'd pull every thing out and leave it all piled up on the floor just to help you deal with this closet envy thing. I've had similar envies, so I know what you're dealing with. This is an especially tough time to not have a closet. Where do you hide your Christmas gifts???

(Maya Angelou)

#98715 - 12/09/06 08:15 PM Re: Closetology [Re: Eagle Heart]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
That's cool, JJ.

I live in a condo. Closet space is limited, but my "stuff" is not. The spare room, which is now my office/closet is small and on an inside corner so it has no window. (It can't be listed as a bedroom for that reason) I also had no closet originally. The room is about 10x9. I had my son build me a closet that goes the width of the room on the back wall. It's a big closet, but I put clothes in it and tons of other stuff. Sometimes I amaze myself at how much I cram into it. No one can help my closet problems. The bigger the closet, the more I'd put in it.

Louisa

#98716 - 12/09/06 10:35 PM Re: Closetology [Re: Louisa]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Louisa, does this mean you are tax on the space if it is a bedroom? We are NOT taxed that way here in Bama.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved