The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 150 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#98580 - 12/09/06 07:43 PM Re: Christmas cleaning [Re: dejavu]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Dejavu, that definitely sounds like our place - the ripple effect of cleaning! You move something off the spare room bed, and bingo, the one action causes an enormous chain reaction that inevitably ends with us putting all of the rolls, buns and loaves of bread in a large rubbermaid container outside in the shed...and then praying that we don't get a heat wave! (Although it's very inconvenient in the middle of one of our 3 big family Christmas dinners to have to go out to the shed in -30C for more bread!)

(Maya Angelou)

#98581 - 12/09/06 08:05 PM Re: Christmas cleaning [Re: Eagle Heart]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
We had to clean this morning because we are having my husband's grandson's Christening here tomorrow. It wasn't real bad since we did a big cleaning for Thanksgiving and we decorated for Christmas already. The guest bathroom is all done. I did it this morning. He'll have to do the other one in the morning as he was opposed to me putting an "out of order" sign on the door. I was just trying to help.

Louisa

#98582 - 12/09/06 09:28 PM Re: Christmas cleaning [Re: Louisa]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I need a maid BAD. I haven' even begun cleaning having just finished all those calendars and they are still sitting here in flats waiting to be picked up, what a mess.
Once they're gone I have some cleaning to do, but won't be home (no company coming) so it really doesn't matter much.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#98583 - 12/15/06 06:06 AM Re: Christmas cleaning [Re: dejavu]
nursenorris Offline

I like to be rather thorough and be able to really enjoy from the 24th on and see my clean home. My triplets and husband help of course and when my oldest returns form college, she'll pitch in as well. it is a family after all!

Blessings for the feast,
Cindy

#98584 - 12/15/06 02:59 PM Re: Christmas cleaning [Re: nursenorris]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
I got my upstairs cleaned for bunko tonight; will get the downstairs cleaned early next week - and then a last minute touch up before Christmas.

The downstairs is a mess. I'm trying to build a cabinet to store my inventory for Rick and June so that I don't have boxes all over the place. I should have asked for help with it (why don't men offer??) and it tipped over and part of the screws ripped out. So now I really need help to get it finished.

Kathy

#98585 - 12/15/06 10:40 PM Re: Christmas cleaning [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Bunco tonight, oh how fun, your 'scarlet lady' makes her debut tonight. Anxious to hear if they liked her.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#98586 - 12/16/06 06:50 AM Re: Christmas cleaning [Re: chatty lady]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Oh, Chatty, the ladies loved her! I put her on a plate and surrounded her with those red cherry kisses. I took a couple of pics and hope to post them tomorrow for all to see. They all thought she was too pretty to put outside for a bird feeder; not sure where she'll fit inside the house - most likely in my office where I can look at her and smile every day.

Thanks again!! Watch for pics this weekend...

#98587 - 12/31/06 11:45 PM Re: Christmas cleaning [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Why don't men offer? Because they are obtuse. I washed heavy flannel sheets in the washing machine. For some reason, the machine was bucking itself, and actually moved itself askew in the laundry room. It had moved itself so much it was sticking out, in the way. The laundry room is the entry as we come into the house from the garage. You can't miss the askew washing machine. Imagine the number of times my husband comes in and out of the laundry room, in and out of the house. After 10 days, yesterday I said to him, "Will you do me a favor?" "Sure, what?" "It's in the laundry room." He said, "Oh, you mean move the washing machine back?" Yes, dumbell, move the washing machine. If you knew it needed moving, why didn't you move it without my having to ask? OBTUSE!

#98588 - 01/01/07 06:33 PM Re: Christmas cleaning [Re: Princess Lenora]
dejavu Offline
journeyman

Well, I've put away all the Christmas decorations - at least, I've got them boxed up and in the garage, now DH and DS have to hoist them up the ladder to the attic. Everything is tidy again but oh, seems kinda colorless without Christmas lights...

#98589 - 01/04/07 11:20 PM Re: Christmas cleaning [Re: dejavu]
DebShines Offline

Loc: Brisbane Australia
Yes I'll put the Chrissy things away this weekend, but I am going to flaunt tradition and keep the lights up on the back deck, i love them so much!!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved