The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 139 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#98569 - 12/08/06 08:16 PM Christmas cleaning
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Do you clean more thoroughly before decorating? There was a day when I did, but not any more. I've decided no one cares any way.

#98570 - 12/08/06 09:22 PM Re: Christmas cleaning
dejavu Offline
journeyman

I do in the rooms that will be viewable to the public. Especially stuff that doesn't get cleaned every week, like light fixtures, windows, etc. I also check all the bathroom drawers and medicine cabinet to make sure they look okay.

Today I was putting decorations on the front porch and before I did, I had to sweep off the cobwebs, clean the glass on the front door, and refill the bird feeder. I also took a cloth and washed off the front door. No one WILL notice it but me, that's true, but I still like knowing it's clean.

#98571 - 12/08/06 10:20 PM Re: Christmas cleaning [Re: dejavu]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Do you hire out?

#98572 - 12/08/06 10:39 PM Re: Christmas cleaning [Re: jawjaw]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I have a house husband.

#98574 - 12/09/06 12:50 AM Re: Christmas cleaning [Re: ]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Usually we do a fairly thorough house-cleaning before Christmas because the house is FULL of houseguests from the 23rd to the 30th. And then we have to do a thorough house-cleaning again after they leave. Makes you wonder why we bother with the first one.

This year, I don't know how much we're going to be able to do. We're both exhausted, and when we have any spare time we like to relax and recharge our batteries. I'll vacuum after we put the tree up tomorrow, but our houseguests this year might just have to accept us just the way we are because we may not be able to do much more than (as my Mom used to call it) "titivate".

(Maya Angelou)

#98575 - 12/09/06 01:43 AM Re: Christmas cleaning [Re: Eagle Heart]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
We're cleaning here tomorrow. My husband did some straightening up today. Tomorrow he will wash the kitchen and dining room floors. I'll clean the guest bathroom and maybe put an "out of order" sign on the other one. We're having a Christening party here on Sunday for his grandson. About 15 people. The place is small. It will be so crowded, they won't notice much.

#98576 - 12/09/06 08:22 AM Re: Christmas cleaning [Re: Louisa]
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
We'll just do the normal cleaning. And I like to
leave my decorations up until mid January LOL!
Cindy

#98577 - 12/09/06 08:41 AM Re: Christmas cleaning [Re: diamond50]
DebShines Offline

Loc: Brisbane Australia
We all chip in a do some cleaning, I love to clean out the kids wardrobes earlier on so I know what they need as presents. I like to vacuum before the tree goes up, and then of course afterwards as all the fake snow comes off while you are putting the baubles and decorations on. We do not buy lots of themed stuff every year, but reuse and throw too tacky stuff out. I have some decorations that I remember using when my brother was alive, etc, that is so nice. I enjoy a clean house myself so that is why I clean, not for other people but for my own satisfaction.

#98578 - 12/09/06 11:04 AM Re: Christmas cleaning [Re: DebShines]
dejavu Offline
journeyman

Plus there are 'practical' things you have to clean if you're expecting company - like make room in the coat closet, clean out the fridge to make room for extra food, clear junk off the spare room bed. Whenever I have a large party, I have to clean stuff off my laundry room counter so I can stash stuff from the kitchen in there so I can clean off THOSE counters to make room for the buffet. Which means I probably should clean the garage to make room for the stuff being stashed from the laundry room, ..... nah. That's carrying it TOO far!

#98579 - 12/09/06 03:38 PM Re: Christmas cleaning [Re: dejavu]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I clean all the "visible" stuff, and close the doors on rooms that no one should be going into anyway.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved