The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 126 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#98216 - 12/07/06 01:01 AM ATTENTION BWS SANTAS
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I am starting this post here because its the one place NO ONE is apt to post over it. The contest is already up and running....Well here goes...It has been suggested that we tell what we each got from our BWS Santas, great idea!! If I knew how, I would 'proudly' post a picture of the most beautiful gift I received today from my SANTA LOLA far across the ocean in England. Besides the lovely Christmas card there was a heavy box that contained the most thoughtful and generous gift of a cookbook, but not just any cookbook. COOK WITH JAMIE is his guide to making us all better cooks. Jamie Oliver is a handsome young man that has several schools for teaching new chefs in Europe, a TV program called Fifteen and restaurants in Amsterdam, Cornwall and Melbourne. The book is inches thick, beautifully written with colored illustrations that make you want to lick the pages, HA!!! It was my turn to have my Red Hat Society meet at my home and we were playing Bonco. I had the book on the coffee table and the ladies were all fussing over it and the pictures and several borrowed pencil and paper to copy down recipes, it was hilarious. I hope you are all as pleased with your gift from your BWS Santa as I am, I will use and enjoy it for years to come.
THANK YOU DEAR LOLA

Cards received so far from:
Lola, Dreamer/Bev, Dee, Kathy, 49erDonna/Donna, MustangGal(loved the dogs), Cath/Optimumsters, Lina/Louisa, Ann/CrosstitchQueen.
My table of cards looks so colorful and cheerful beneath the colored lights. All of my Boomer sisters are making this my best, happiest holiday ever. Thank You all...
God Bless you all.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#98217 - 12/07/06 03:39 AM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I will post what I got, but I'm waiting for a few others to get their gifts. I don't want them to rule out and figure out who theri secret Santa might be. But, if anyone else wants to post, go right ahead. I just mailed mine today.

#98218 - 12/07/06 07:28 AM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
You're welcome and, a Very, Very Merry Christmas to you, Chatty!

#98219 - 12/07/06 11:00 AM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: Lola]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Chatty, my Hubby hid my package. He knows me all too well. So I'll have to wait till after Christmas, to say my thank you.

#98220 - 12/07/06 05:30 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: Edelweiss]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

That is so funny Hannelore. I couldn't wait either and with no hubby to hold me back, WELL!!!

#98221 - 12/07/06 08:17 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: chatty lady]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I'm going to wait until Christmas morning...I try not to open my gifts until then...but you can bet I'll be shaking it and trying to figure out what it is.

#98222 - 12/08/06 02:19 AM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: Dee]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Oh, you all are being so good! With the exception of Chatty - Ha! Chatty, I'm going to send you some coal.

Now I don't know what to do...wait, or rip it open? I think ripping it open will win, once I see it in the mail...

#98223 - 12/08/06 06:28 AM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Have at it, it may be useful throughout the holidays and then again maybe not. Confused yet, good! Coal indeed....

#98224 - 12/08/06 07:05 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

This is so funny. I didn't even think to wait until CHristmas to open mine. I ripped into it as soon as I got it in my grungy, little, wrinkled hands.

I gues we'll have to wait for the slow pokes, I mean thoughtful gals, and share after Christmas.

#98225 - 12/08/06 09:00 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Grungy, wrinkled hands, too funny Dotsie. I did too, I am not a patient person but for anyone else who might be reading this "the package was torn," really it was, so had to open it. Now I can't put it down. You should see some of these recipes. Oh my LOL

Edited by chatty lady (12/08/06 09:03 PM)

#98226 - 12/09/06 01:09 AM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: chatty lady]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Oooh, oooh, oooh! Just got back from the Post Office with a package from my Santa!!! I think I'll run upstairs and get the scissors and open it NOW!!! I'll be back to let you know. I'll be the first to "open and tell"~!

Kathy

#98227 - 12/09/06 01:28 AM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Well, I'll tell ya, Chatty should buy stock in packing tape. There's no way I could use the excuse that my package was ripped and that's why I had to open it early. She had that thing sealed up so tight I could hardly get in!!

She asked me if I wanted a funny or serious gift. Well, of course I chose funny! And it is!

Chatty sent me the most hilarious bird feeder I've ever seen. It's a woman in the prime of her life (like us) and a little fluffy (like us) and she's wearing fishnet stockings and a bright red dress - and the dress is blowing up in the back just like Marilyn Monroe!

And there's a cute little doggie peering up her dress. And she has cute red shoes too, for you shoe fanatics! Her dress is where you're supposed to put the bird feed. My hubby loves birds, and I bet he'll love this bird feeder too!

You're supposed to set it in the direct sun, and then it has a solar powered light that comes from underneath to light her up. I'll have to try that tomorrow.

Chatty, what a fun gift!! Thank you so much!!

Okay, now you all have permission to open your presents.... tell all!

Kathy

#98228 - 12/09/06 06:28 AM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Now remember you can use it as a bird feeder or as a conversation piece, candy dish. I can picture M&M's in her flared skirt.

#98229 - 12/09/06 01:16 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: chatty lady]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
It's so much fun reading how everyone is when they open their gift (if it hasn't been hidden by a husband ) I can't wait to tell, but I don't want to spoil the guessing for those who have not received theirs yet.

#98230 - 12/09/06 02:55 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: chatty lady]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Quote:

Now remember you can use it as a bird feeder or as a conversation piece, candy dish. I can picture M&M's in her flared skirt.

Bunko is at my house next Friday night, so I plan on setting her out with candy for all to see.

#98231 - 12/09/06 04:04 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
OMG, I was looking forward to this, but I didn't realize how much fun it would be. It is so nice to open the mailbox and find something addressed to me that is not a bill or junk mail, LOL! I am packing slowly but surely for the move at the new place at the end of the month. Guess what my Christmas Decor is going to be? Ta Daaa, the CARDS!!!

I was going to try some discipline with my gift, but after reading with thread, wellllll should I or should I not?

Maybe I will do a little eni meni minee mo! I'll let you know later!

I love you all alot!

Cheers,
Cathi

#98232 - 12/10/06 05:45 AM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: Wisdom&Life]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

My mailbox was filled with cards today from my Boomer sisters, my table is about full....

I have to tell this story. On Wednesday I was talking to my DIL and mentioned to her that this year I didn't get one single calendar in the mail. I haven't given as much to charity and the ones I did give to, sent postcards or note cards instead of their usual calendar. I don't know about any of you but I mark "everything" on my calendar, it is like my bible. I said now I have to go and buy one I guess.
Well I am feeling almost embarrassed because its like I mention something and it shows up.

With my cards today was a large white envelope and inside was a Christmas card with all kinds of neat little sparkly ornament decals and two of the most beautiful calendars I have ever seen, I swear!! One is called Hawaii, The Big Island and the other is called Flowers of Hawaii...

I have never seen colors or flowers or places such as are pictured on these calendars and they both have the large squares to write in. Little did I kinow that I had a Fairy Godmother of sorts in Hawaii who apparently can read minds. Thank you so much Diamond/Cindy...

You have no idea how your generous gesture moved me. I never knew all the kinds of flowers God created but now I do know where he put the most beautiful ones on earth. Thank you so much.
And Eagle Heart the snow from Canada is awesome.

Dotsie I received a golden frame from a gift exchange at Church last year that has remained empty. I'm putting your Christmas card Nativity scene into it and it fits perfectly. I knew there was a reason it remained empty all year.
I don't know what I ever did in my life to deserve you unbelievable women, but I thank God I did it, and he is rewarding me with your love....

Edited by chatty lady (12/10/06 06:29 AM)

#98233 - 12/10/06 08:35 AM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: chatty lady]
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Chatty, you're welcome! And I was hoping you didn't mind
the Christmas confetti LOL, as all year long friends were sending
me cards with confetti, especially Halloween-themed confetti and
I eventually put it all in one container : ) Confetti makes
it more fun!
Cindy

#98234 - 12/10/06 01:58 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Quote:

I don't know what I ever did in my life to deserve you unbelievable women, but I thank God I did it, and he is rewarding me with your love....

Chatty, it's called the circle of love, and you're a big part of it.

Edited by Dotsie (12/10/06 01:59 PM)

#98235 - 12/10/06 02:02 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Yep, and YOU started the circle Dots...We call it the Boomering. Get it? Instead of Boomerang...boom---nevermind.

Thank you!

#98236 - 12/11/06 06:28 AM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: jawjaw]
diamond50 Offline

LOL JJ.

#98237 - 12/11/06 10:15 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: diamond50]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Chatty, glad you have a picture for the frame. I'm guessing my cards have been received. I'm wondering about the gift I sent... I can't wait for her to open it. I've received mine and will tell all once everyone opens. Are some of you really waiting until Christmas?

And JJ, I can't believe I started all this when I launched the site. God is amazing!

Chatty, your story reminds me of my frame story. When my son graduated from high school, I got a gold frame for his graduation picture. When our youngest two graduated this year, I began looking for a gold frame that held all three photos. I have looked high and low and NEVER found one. Now I know why. After moving some things around to make room for the Christmas decorations, the kids photos landed in the den. And I love having the kids in the den with us now. But, to be in the den, they need black frames, which are everywhere now. So now I'm looking for a set of three clack frames instead of gold.

Edited by Dotsie (12/11/06 10:18 PM)

#98238 - 12/13/06 09:20 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I have 21 cards so far and my table is full so now I am making a hanging border around the outer edge of the table and it looks great...Not one cards the same as another. Each is unique and beautiful in its own right.

Edited by chatty lady (12/13/06 09:22 PM)

#98239 - 12/14/06 01:32 AM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: chatty lady]
Louisa Offline

I believe I have 16 so far.

#98240 - 12/15/06 08:32 AM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: Louisa]
Edelweiss Offline

If you all want to open your gifts before Xmas I'm with you . I know where Hubby hid my package! Ho ho.

Just wondering if any of you have received my card yet? I forgot to put the return address on the envelope, so I hope all went well. Last count I got 20 cards. I did the same thing like you Chatty, I strung them up over our windows.
I hope we do this every year. It adds so much to the Christmas spirit.

Edited by Hannelore (12/15/06 08:34 AM)

#98241 - 12/15/06 09:59 AM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: Edelweiss]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Love the mistletoe border Hannelore. This year the turn out was wonderful and the cards and the notes inside made this the best Christmas ever, and I mean that sincerely. My home sparkles with the Christmas lights shimmering off all the colorful beautiful cards. Thanks you all again.

Edited by chatty lady (12/15/06 10:00 AM)

#98242 - 12/15/06 11:58 AM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: chatty lady]
Louisa Offline

I didn't get yours yet, Hannelore. I've received 17 so far. My space is limited. I bought a card wrack at the Hallmark store. I put it on the door to my computer room. I'm displaying them there so I have them right near me.

I can't stand it anymore - I Have to tell I got my gift. It is a beautiful pink leather brag book for me to put pictures of my granddaughter in when she comes. Thank you so much, Dotsie!

Louisa

#98243 - 12/15/06 02:51 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: Louisa]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

What a cute gift idea! I'm so glad someone else opened their gift early - I couldn't wait either. Okay, everyone, what did you all get??

Kathy

#98244 - 12/17/06 01:56 AM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Louisa Offline

Hannelore, your card did not arrive in today's mail either. When did you send them? However, I did get Popea's. What a lovely surprise inside I won't say so I don't spoil it for others who may not have rceived theirs yet.

#98245 - 12/18/06 10:29 AM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: Louisa]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Mine neither Hannelore, maybe Monday. I haven't seen Popeas yet either, it seems they are taking longer.

#98246 - 12/18/06 10:41 AM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: chatty lady]
Lola Offline

Postman has been by but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuGgWRyhPsI

Maybe tomorrow.

#98247 - 12/18/06 03:24 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: Lola]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Okay ladies, it's time for the big unveiling!! Below, you can see the nutty gift I received from Chatty. (She asked if I wanted nutty or serious - of course I chose nutty!)

This is actually a bird feeder, but Chatty and I think it makes a fun candy dish too. I set her up at bunko last Friday night and all my friends just loved her.

Now ... when do we get to hear what everyone else got??

#98248 - 12/18/06 03:29 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Oh my Kathy, what great pictures. I have to admit when I spotted this little darling, she reminded me of someone here we all know and love, take a guess who??? I will tell you if you're right. I sent her to Kathy because I knew she would have a great home and be with someone as fun as she is.

#98249 - 12/18/06 05:34 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Let me guess...the queen? Now I'm not guessing based on the view from the back, only the front. Teehee. And wait, is that Trixie?

#98250 - 12/18/06 05:38 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Lola, loved it. It brought back great memories.

#98251 - 12/18/06 09:30 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
Hi hannilore the 2 cards made the UK, alooongg way away. Thanks for all the other cards popea beside herself, and

Louisa she was wondering if the stuff inside made it aswell I will get her to read this.

She had to make a second journay to the postie so i know their is more on the way to USA etc.

Hannilore it hasen't arrived yet that thingy thing, NOW are you gonna tell me lol pleassssssss

celtic_flame. hoooo hoo ho

#98252 - 12/18/06 10:00 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: celtic_flame]
Edelweiss Offline

Where's JJ? Jay JAAAAAAY!!!!! Oh dear, I got my package from JJ, and don't want to open it till she's back on the forum.

I sent my cards two weeks ago! But I sent them through a Santa stand...and that may be the reason for the delay.

HOho! Chatty, what a scream! Let me guess. Is she supposed to represent Bertha?

Celtic_Flame I can tell you what it's not. It's not a Plasma TV, Mercedes Benz, wellness week in Switzerland, or a ride on the back of Lochness...gee, what's left?

#98253 - 12/18/06 10:50 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: Edelweiss]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Nope, try again Hannelore. Look closely, doesn't she remind you of one if us? Dotsie guessed right off in a PM.

Edited by chatty lady (12/18/06 10:52 PM)

#98254 - 12/18/06 10:53 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: chatty lady]
Edelweiss Offline

Is it really JJ? Oh man! She'll love this!

#98255 - 12/19/06 12:20 AM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: Edelweiss]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

See what happens when you're away from the forum, JJ? Gotta keep a close watch on these chickadees!

#98256 - 12/19/06 01:36 AM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Hannelore, your beautiful card arrived in my mailbox today...

(Maya Angelou)

#98257 - 12/19/06 07:14 AM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: Eagle Heart]
Edelweiss Offline

Oh thank you for lettting me know Eagle Heart. So I'm sure everyone will get theirs too...no need that you all let me know.

Edited by Hannelore (12/19/06 07:41 AM)

#98258 - 12/19/06 09:59 AM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: Edelweiss]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Well Louisa...glad you gut yourwee suprise...what do you think??? Let me know ladies when you get yours too....I am panicing in case some don't arrive on time

Popea
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#98259 - 12/19/06 02:33 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: Poppie]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Po, got mine in the mail yesterday. Will view what you sent this morning....so curious!!!

Kathy

#98260 - 12/19/06 04:17 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Poppie Offline

Nice one Kathy......clever way of putting it as there is nothing to see ....ye know what I mean hon

Popea
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#98261 - 12/19/06 04:30 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: Poppie]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Now I know what you mean...Wow, what a great gift to include in your card. And it's fun getting a card from Ireland, because my husband still has relatives over there somewhere. (With the last name of Walsh, what do you expect?)

Thanks Po and Celtic!!

Kathy

#98262 - 12/21/06 12:18 AM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
Hi gals --
A beautiful porcelain doll/angel/ornament arrived in today's mail.........thank you so much 49erDonna!! She's really neat and I have positioned her in a place of honor near my mini-tree! She's beautifully dressed in a lovely coat with wings and an adorable hat, and she has pretty blonde curls.
I've loved being part of this.....the cards are beautiful and my card display is overflowing! Thanks so much to all my BWS pals!!

#98263 - 12/21/06 12:28 AM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
Louisa Offline

Lola, Your American Express Check came. Picked it u today. Thanks again.

Louisa

#98264 - 12/21/06 05:30 AM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: chatty lady]
Dee Offline

I fot my package today and can't wait to open it..once I open it I'll let everyone know whom it's from...What a very sweet card that came with it, too. I'm loving this...hopefully we can do a springtime card/gift exchange again. This has been such an exciting way to lead up to Christmas...I have cards everywhere...my Larry's pretty impressed with all the cards and ladies involved. I'm impressed with all the love and support you all give each other. Wonderful. Love you all.
Dee

#98265 - 12/21/06 05:57 AM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: Dee]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Hannelores lovely card made it today and topped off my already overflowing table and now 2 shelves also full of Christmas cards. My home looks like Hallmark exploded in the livingroom. At least thats what my 16 year old grandson said tonight.

#98266 - 12/21/06 01:22 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

chatty, don't you just love the way kids think? Hallmark exploded in your living room. Perfect!

The cards continue to roll in and they all have special meaning. I'm still not telling who sent me my present. I'm waiting for everyone to open on Christmas.

#98267 - 12/21/06 11:12 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS
celtic_flame Offline

june

their a few walshes heer....but you two should come over and visite...i know great coffee shops, the crown bar for guiness and oyster's if you dare.....i would also chauffeur you all about....

OH POPEA just asked me to get you to tell the town again as she lost the post...she was gonna look it up for you?!!? i gess you two will know the details of what your on about lol....i dont but i am intreged....

#98268 - 12/21/06 11:17 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

PS....po postman is confused with all the letter's from USA but it's great.....i get a share in them all couse christmass is at my house this year so you got 2 very happy ladies heer....thank you so much.....the cards just made you all real or more real....and it feels like i got a little bit of the best of you in my house, thats a nice warm feeling
XXooXX

celtic_flame

#98269 - 12/22/06 08:20 AM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: celtic_flame]
diamond50 Offline

No more room on the Christmas wall lol. I've put
all of the BWS ones, plus the ones from my other
groups and the total is just amazing every year!
I especially love the ones that came with family
pictures : )
Thank you all!
Cindy

#98270 - 12/22/06 08:32 AM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: diamond50]
Edelweiss Offline

I have never ever received so many Christmas cards before in my life. Little did I know how much joy this site would bring to me, on the day I logged in BWS.

#98271 - 12/22/06 02:29 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: Edelweiss]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Sounds like my house! Looks like I'm the most popular person in town with all these cards. It brightens my heart every time I look at them!

Hannelore, got yours yesterday - thanks!!

#98272 - 12/22/06 02:30 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

So the person I sent my gift to hasn't been on the forum for weeks. (at least, I haven't seen her posts) I did send it with a delivery confirmation, and she received it a while ago. I hope she's okay.

#98273 - 12/23/06 02:13 AM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Send her a private message and/or email Kathy, maybe she'll answer it.

#98274 - 12/23/06 11:26 AM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: chatty lady]
Louisa Offline

Same here, but I didn't send mine with a delivery confirmation. Maybe I should have.

#98275 - 12/23/06 12:57 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: Louisa]
Louisa Offline

Hannelore's lovely card came yesterday!

#98276 - 12/24/06 05:09 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: Louisa]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I can't wait to brag on my Secret Santa. Her screen name tells all. There's a hint for ya.

#98277 - 12/24/06 07:03 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Do it then, we are all wondering who got what from whom. I can't believe so many of you have been able to keep quiet this long. Not me, okay I'M WEAK, WEAK I tell ya' and I admit it, LOL...

Edited by chatty lady (12/24/06 07:04 PM)

#98278 - 12/26/06 09:27 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: chatty lady]
nevadaangel Offline

My Secret Santa was Dee and she gave me a cute book Called The Grits, about woman raised in the south, been reading it its a delightful read,
Thanks so much Dee
Angelofnevada
Donna

#98279 - 12/26/06 09:29 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: chatty lady]
Dee Offline

Kim (KLMR13) gave me a sweet watch...I couldn't find this site and posted that in another one...I wanted to make sure she knew I was so appreciative of her kindness. I hope everyone had a wonderful day yesterday...Me...I'm pooped...need a very long nap...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

#98280 - 12/26/06 09:40 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: Louisa]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Ladies,
I want to tell you that I had no idea the joy this Christmas Card Exchange would play in my holiday happiness. I mean it. It's been said before, and more eloquently than I could ever say, but there was a spring in my step as I would rush to the mailbox every day, anticipating the cards and notes. Everyone was so gracious with their notes of friendship and love. This has been my first year to participate and I will tell you this, unless I'm 6' under next year, I'll be first on the sign up list. WHAT FUN! WHAT LOVE! AND from around the world!!!! Does it get any better than this? Okay, maybe Elvis making his comeback, but aside from that, I ask ya?

Sandpiper was my secret santa and she read my mind....I received a Barnes and Noble gift card. Can I say BLESS YOU! Do you feel the thanks reaching out and hugging you? OMG...give me books...lots and lots of books. I live off books. You have made my day you sweet, thoughtful person! I also thank you for the kind note you enclosed. You've touched my heart during this season. I thank you. Did I mention I was happy about the gift card? LOL!

Lordy I love this board....

#98281 - 12/26/06 11:11 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: jawjaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I want to thank crossstitch queen for the lovely crossstitched snowmen magnets. They are so professinally done. No wonder she has that screen name.They are all backed with white felt. They honestly look like they were done by machine, which I know is impossible.

She sent me SIX which was more than enough. One would have been enough. The weekend they came, my daughter was home from college and she claimed two for her dorm fridge. I have the other four adorning our fridge and I absolutely love them. They'll be safely tucked away with the rest of the decorations at the end of the season and brought out every year forever. Thank you!

#98282 - 12/26/06 11:16 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: jawjaw]
Dee Offline

Nevadaangel...you're welcome. I wanted to send something that is dear and near to my heart...(and JJ's)...we're both Alabama girls. If you're ever this way Nevadaangel be sure to stop by...we'll sit in the porch swing and have a glass of ice tea...in fact, any of my boomer friends who want to stop by is welcome!!! GRITS stands for "Girls Raised In The South." Get it? Grits? Cute books...JJ have you ever read any of the Grits books?

#98283 - 12/27/06 12:06 AM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: Dee]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Ok, I got CHOCOLATES all the way from Ireland!! Thanks Popea, and Celtic, (and Lucien!) They arrived in today's mail and I intend to eat them all right after dinner. LOL
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#98284 - 12/27/06 12:08 AM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: Dee]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Has anyone heard from Dreamer? I sent her my gift earlier this month and the delivery confirmation shows she received it. I sent her a private message but don't have her email.

I just hope all is well with her. If anyone knows her, please tell her we're missing her!

Kathy

#98285 - 12/27/06 12:49 AM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
Aw, Dotsie, you're so very welcome! Yes they were done by my own two little hands.....not by machine. I'm so very glad you like them!!
49erDonna sent me a beautiful angel ornament.....she's really a porcelain doll dressed in an angle outfit, and she's really pretty.......will definitely be part of my Xmas decorations every year from now on!!

#98286 - 12/27/06 01:54 AM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Optimumsteps sent me a most welcome subscription to Writer's Digest...a beautiful card and Crucifix...Thanks!

#98287 - 12/27/06 02:04 AM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
Louisa Offline

I think I may have already told what the gift I received was, but I held back on who sent it. Until now............

My Secret Santa was Dotsie. She gave me the prettiest, softest pink leather brag book to put pictures of my new little granddaughter in. (Which will be soon.) I just love it! Can't wait to fill it! Thank you Dotsie. It was such a thoughtful gift.

Has anyone seen a post from denanze lately? My gift should have reached her long ago. I didn't think of asking for a confirmation like Kathy did. I hope she received it.

Louisa

#98288 - 12/27/06 02:50 AM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: Louisa]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Hi there,

My beautiful secret santa was yonuh. She sent me a really beautiful large refrigerator magnet with an inspirational message and the design is like the beach with seashells. I love to have inspirational writings around me, thanks yonuh. I also received a beautiful pin of a bird with the zircon stone, I believe it is zircon. Also attached to a card with an inspirational saying.

Thank you yonuh I really love it and I am touched.

I agree with JJ on the cards. I just couldn't wait to get them. I have to say, I hesitated participating in the cards, but that little voice told me to. I am glad I listened.

Unfortunately, I caught this terrible stomach virus that has been going around. So, I couldn't enjoy many of the goodies, that's a first, LOL.

I love you all alot!

Cheers,
Cathi

#98289 - 12/27/06 03:15 AM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

All of the gifts sound so amazing and filled with love and those card, make me teary eyed as I look at them all perched on the table and shelves. I honestly will hate to take them down but they will be put into an album for safe keeping.

#98290 - 12/27/06 05:14 AM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: chatty lady]
denanz Offline

Loc: Tempe Arizona
Hi ladies, I am here. I have a confession. I received my gift a couple of weeks ago. I came home from work and there sat a priority box on the table. Could it be? yes it was. So I tore open the box breaking a fingernail in the process and pulled out two wraped gifts. There was a note on one that said this wasn't the gift and to open last. Ok then that meant I would have to open the christmas one first. hmmm a delima. I put the presents in my office and thought I would just have to think about that one. Anyways a half hour later I opened my xmas gift and found two beautiful photo albums and my non xmas gift two books. Trail Blazers (a Red Rock Writers collecion of short stories) and Carousel Kisses by Louisa. I spent the next hour reading and then another trying to decide which pictures to put into the albums. Thank you Louisa for the wonderful gifts.

http://www.denisesgifts.com

#98291 - 12/27/06 11:07 AM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: denanz]
Lola Offline

I was able to collect my Kris Kringle present after a security scan and having to personally claim it from the post office. Many thanks, Denanz for the pretty things which I now have between two books.

#98292 - 12/27/06 12:40 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: Lola]
Poppie Offline

Hannalore...my pressie has arrived...but the boys next door have it and they have all gone home to thier respective Mums for the holidays. So I still have a suprise in store.
. Thank you pet.

Popea

#98293 - 12/27/06 04:50 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: Poppie]
nevadaangel Offline

Dee, This was my first Grits book, but i love it and will look for more of them.

Being a Florida girl original i was raised in the south,
nevadaangel

#98294 - 12/27/06 05:17 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: nevadaangel]
Edelweiss Offline

Finaaaaly I can add my thanks to the list!

From the Queen's Garden personally! I got good rich soil and an assortment of Premium Zinnia seeds to plant in a friendship garden. What a delightful idea!

At the bottom of the box; Lindt chocolate balls wrapped in gold paper were twinkling at me. And on the side, a leopard fan lay awaiting, to wave those pearly wet pearls from my brow.

Thank you so very much JJ. What a sweet idea to send a Friendship Garden, and not only will those flowers grow, but our friendship as well.

Popea, since I didn't pack any firecrackers, toy cars or bb guns into your Christmas package, I guess there's no need to worry that the neighbour boys will be tempted. lol
( NOoooooo Celtic_Flame, I'm not tellin'!)

#98295 - 12/27/06 07:31 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: Edelweiss]
celtic_flame Offline

TELL ME HANNILORE ................IT'S PAST CHRISTMASS NOW.
wwwaaaahhhhaaaaaaa

celtic_flame

#98296 - 12/28/06 06:51 AM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: celtic_flame]
diamond50 Offline

I'd like to thank Bev S for her sweet gift : ) Not sure if
mine was received, tho I sent it quite awhile ago.
Cindy

#98297 - 12/29/06 03:47 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: diamond50]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Who received a gift from diamond? Georgia/the queen has the original list if you would like to check with her.

#98298 - 12/29/06 04:37 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS
Dancing Dolphin Offline

I sent my gift to Dreamer and haven't heard anything. Hope she's okay.

#98299 - 12/29/06 04:45 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Lola Offline

Does anyone have a personal contact detail for Dreamer, Kathy? Maybe someone just ought to phone and find out if she is alright.

Hi, Cindy: Your post/parcel must have just gotten held up in the postal Christmas rush. Lynnie just received my post yesterday...and that's after having mailed it on the 14th.

#98300 - 12/29/06 06:24 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: Lola]
nevadaangel Offline

I havent heard from Patti i dont know what other name she goes by on the boards?

#98301 - 01/04/07 12:09 AM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: nevadaangel]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Okay,
Today is the first time I have been able to get to the online computer since ages. I want to thank everyone for the beautiful, heartwarming Christmas cards. It helped make my holiday season bright and cheery. What a fantastic way for all of us to be in touch with each other no matter where we live.

I hope everyone had great holidays and a blessed new year.

I'd also like to thank "Mustang gal" for the lovely vintage journal. It is so very beautiful. It will be filled with wonderful memories and writings. Thanks for being my secret BWS Santa!

I'll be stopping by when I can. Hopefully I'll be able to get that new computer soon. Love all of you!

Sandpiper

#98302 - 01/04/07 01:51 AM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: Sandpiper]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Cindy,
I know she had a death in the family and so manybe she'll get with you soon. She was having a hard time, rightfully so. You are very sweet to worry. You all are. I just love you gals.

Can't wait to do the Spring Fling Thing....say that fast five times.

#98303 - 01/04/07 03:30 AM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: jawjaw]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

I had a message from Dreamer, and she did receive my gift. Makes me feel better that she's still around!

Kathy

#98304 - 01/04/07 01:35 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Oh good. How is she?

#98305 - 01/04/07 02:49 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Her message sounded perky, but she didn't really say. She just let me know she received her gift (Queen JJ's book and a writing journal) and loved it.

#98306 - 01/04/07 03:07 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

What an excellent gift! (teehee....what?) ahem...

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved