The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 128 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#98226 - 12/09/06 01:09 AM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: chatty lady]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Oooh, oooh, oooh! Just got back from the Post Office with a package from my Santa!!! I think I'll run upstairs and get the scissors and open it NOW!!! I'll be back to let you know. I'll be the first to "open and tell"~!

Kathy

#98227 - 12/09/06 01:28 AM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Well, I'll tell ya, Chatty should buy stock in packing tape. There's no way I could use the excuse that my package was ripped and that's why I had to open it early. She had that thing sealed up so tight I could hardly get in!!

She asked me if I wanted a funny or serious gift. Well, of course I chose funny! And it is!

Chatty sent me the most hilarious bird feeder I've ever seen. It's a woman in the prime of her life (like us) and a little fluffy (like us) and she's wearing fishnet stockings and a bright red dress - and the dress is blowing up in the back just like Marilyn Monroe!

And there's a cute little doggie peering up her dress. And she has cute red shoes too, for you shoe fanatics! Her dress is where you're supposed to put the bird feed. My hubby loves birds, and I bet he'll love this bird feeder too!

You're supposed to set it in the direct sun, and then it has a solar powered light that comes from underneath to light her up. I'll have to try that tomorrow.

Chatty, what a fun gift!! Thank you so much!!

Okay, now you all have permission to open your presents.... tell all!

Kathy

#98228 - 12/09/06 06:28 AM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Now remember you can use it as a bird feeder or as a conversation piece, candy dish. I can picture M&M's in her flared skirt.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#98229 - 12/09/06 01:16 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: chatty lady]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
It's so much fun reading how everyone is when they open their gift (if it hasn't been hidden by a husband ) I can't wait to tell, but I don't want to spoil the guessing for those who have not received theirs yet.

#98230 - 12/09/06 02:55 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: chatty lady]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Quote:

Now remember you can use it as a bird feeder or as a conversation piece, candy dish. I can picture M&M's in her flared skirt.

Bunko is at my house next Friday night, so I plan on setting her out with candy for all to see.

#98231 - 12/09/06 04:04 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
OMG, I was looking forward to this, but I didn't realize how much fun it would be. It is so nice to open the mailbox and find something addressed to me that is not a bill or junk mail, LOL! I am packing slowly but surely for the move at the new place at the end of the month. Guess what my Christmas Decor is going to be? Ta Daaa, the CARDS!!!

I was going to try some discipline with my gift, but after reading with thread, wellllll should I or should I not?

Maybe I will do a little eni meni minee mo! I'll let you know later!

I love you all alot!

Cheers,
Cathi

#98232 - 12/10/06 05:45 AM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: Wisdom&Life]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
My mailbox was filled with cards today from my Boomer sisters, my table is about full....

I have to tell this story. On Wednesday I was talking to my DIL and mentioned to her that this year I didn't get one single calendar in the mail. I haven't given as much to charity and the ones I did give to, sent postcards or note cards instead of their usual calendar. I don't know about any of you but I mark "everything" on my calendar, it is like my bible. I said now I have to go and buy one I guess.
Well I am feeling almost embarrassed because its like I mention something and it shows up.

With my cards today was a large white envelope and inside was a Christmas card with all kinds of neat little sparkly ornament decals and two of the most beautiful calendars I have ever seen, I swear!! One is called Hawaii, The Big Island and the other is called Flowers of Hawaii...

I have never seen colors or flowers or places such as are pictured on these calendars and they both have the large squares to write in. Little did I kinow that I had a Fairy Godmother of sorts in Hawaii who apparently can read minds. Thank you so much Diamond/Cindy...

You have no idea how your generous gesture moved me. I never knew all the kinds of flowers God created but now I do know where he put the most beautiful ones on earth. Thank you so much.
And Eagle Heart the snow from Canada is awesome.

Dotsie I received a golden frame from a gift exchange at Church last year that has remained empty. I'm putting your Christmas card Nativity scene into it and it fits perfectly. I knew there was a reason it remained empty all year.
I don't know what I ever did in my life to deserve you unbelievable women, but I thank God I did it, and he is rewarding me with your love....

Edited by chatty lady (12/10/06 06:29 AM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#98233 - 12/10/06 08:35 AM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: chatty lady]
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Chatty, you're welcome! And I was hoping you didn't mind
the Christmas confetti LOL, as all year long friends were sending
me cards with confetti, especially Halloween-themed confetti and
I eventually put it all in one container : ) Confetti makes
it more fun!
Cindy

#98234 - 12/10/06 01:58 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Quote:

I don't know what I ever did in my life to deserve you unbelievable women, but I thank God I did it, and he is rewarding me with your love....

Chatty, it's called the circle of love, and you're a big part of it.

Edited by Dotsie (12/10/06 01:59 PM)

#98235 - 12/10/06 02:02 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Yep, and YOU started the circle Dots...We call it the Boomering. Get it? Instead of Boomerang...boom---nevermind.

Thank you!

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved