The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 182 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#98216 - 12/07/06 01:01 AM ATTENTION BWS SANTAS
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I am starting this post here because its the one place NO ONE is apt to post over it. The contest is already up and running....Well here goes...It has been suggested that we tell what we each got from our BWS Santas, great idea!! If I knew how, I would 'proudly' post a picture of the most beautiful gift I received today from my SANTA LOLA far across the ocean in England. Besides the lovely Christmas card there was a heavy box that contained the most thoughtful and generous gift of a cookbook, but not just any cookbook. COOK WITH JAMIE is his guide to making us all better cooks. Jamie Oliver is a handsome young man that has several schools for teaching new chefs in Europe, a TV program called Fifteen and restaurants in Amsterdam, Cornwall and Melbourne. The book is inches thick, beautifully written with colored illustrations that make you want to lick the pages, HA!!! It was my turn to have my Red Hat Society meet at my home and we were playing Bonco. I had the book on the coffee table and the ladies were all fussing over it and the pictures and several borrowed pencil and paper to copy down recipes, it was hilarious. I hope you are all as pleased with your gift from your BWS Santa as I am, I will use and enjoy it for years to come.
THANK YOU DEAR LOLA

Cards received so far from:
Lola, Dreamer/Bev, Dee, Kathy, 49erDonna/Donna, MustangGal(loved the dogs), Cath/Optimumsters, Lina/Louisa, Ann/CrosstitchQueen.
My table of cards looks so colorful and cheerful beneath the colored lights. All of my Boomer sisters are making this my best, happiest holiday ever. Thank You all...
God Bless you all.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#98217 - 12/07/06 03:39 AM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I will post what I got, but I'm waiting for a few others to get their gifts. I don't want them to rule out and figure out who theri secret Santa might be. But, if anyone else wants to post, go right ahead. I just mailed mine today.

#98218 - 12/07/06 07:28 AM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
You're welcome and, a Very, Very Merry Christmas to you, Chatty!

#98219 - 12/07/06 11:00 AM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: Lola]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Chatty, my Hubby hid my package. He knows me all too well. So I'll have to wait till after Christmas, to say my thank you.

#98220 - 12/07/06 05:30 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: Edelweiss]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

That is so funny Hannelore. I couldn't wait either and with no hubby to hold me back, WELL!!!

#98221 - 12/07/06 08:17 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: chatty lady]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I'm going to wait until Christmas morning...I try not to open my gifts until then...but you can bet I'll be shaking it and trying to figure out what it is.

#98222 - 12/08/06 02:19 AM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: Dee]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Oh, you all are being so good! With the exception of Chatty - Ha! Chatty, I'm going to send you some coal.

Now I don't know what to do...wait, or rip it open? I think ripping it open will win, once I see it in the mail...

#98223 - 12/08/06 06:28 AM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Have at it, it may be useful throughout the holidays and then again maybe not. Confused yet, good! Coal indeed....

#98224 - 12/08/06 07:05 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
This is so funny. I didn't even think to wait until CHristmas to open mine. I ripped into it as soon as I got it in my grungy, little, wrinkled hands.

I gues we'll have to wait for the slow pokes, I mean thoughtful gals, and share after Christmas.

#98225 - 12/08/06 09:00 PM Re: ATTENTION BWS SANTAS
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Grungy, wrinkled hands, too funny Dotsie. I did too, I am not a patient person but for anyone else who might be reading this "the package was torn," really it was, so had to open it. Now I can't put it down. You should see some of these recipes. Oh my LOL

Edited by chatty lady (12/08/06 09:03 PM)

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved