The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 157 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#98094 - 02/22/07 08:30 PM Re: Would you marry the same man? [Re: allflowerz]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
hi allflowerz
just noticed your name and that it new so thought i would pop in after you and say hi and welcome
c you about love
celtic

#98095 - 02/23/07 01:27 PM Re: Would you marry the same man? [Re: celtic_flame]
EvilTwin Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
I responded to this yesterday but cyberspace must have sucked it up somehow! I would marry my husband again in a New York second. Trust me -- I went through quite a few frogs before I finally met and married my prince. This man is the most generous, caring, gentle man I have ever been with, and he doesn't just display that to me. He displays it to everybody. He has friends all over the country, and I can understand wholeheartedly why. People just gravitate to him. He is an honorable man, and they just don't come around very often. Oh yeah. I'd marry him again, and I think he would say the same about marrying me again (although sometimes I wonder why)!!!!

EvilTwin a/k/a Judy

http://www.alifescapesphoto.com

#98096 - 02/23/07 03:23 PM Re: Would you marry the same man? [Re: EvilTwin]
Emyjay Offline

I adored my first husband. We were childhood sweethearts, went to church together, had similar likes and dislikes. We married young, because we "had" to. I was keeping myself, so to speak, but then his parents decided he should go to college out of state. This is when we figured we'd make our own plans. That way, no one could separate us. (A good lesson for parents who don't think that young people can really be in love.)

I have always regretted, deeply, that I made that decision. We did end up getting married. I lost that baby and planned to have another. I took my temperature to make sure I'd conceive. Jonathan, my only child, was the result of that union.

I adore my son. But, he was born with a bilateral cleft of the lip and palate. My husband, his father, brought his girlfriend - this is no lie - to the hospital to meet me on the day our son was born!

I had a hard labor and delivery and was still hooked up to I don't remember what. But if I could have gotten out of bed, I would have forgotten myself, for sure.

Gerald and I had been separated because he had experimented with drugs and apparently decided that he was going to live his life with them always in his life. I stayed at home with my parents, while I was pregnant. I was convinced that when he saw the baby and held our baby, that he would return to his old self. When I saw this woman, I knew this reunion was never to be.

My second husband and I met at the hospital when Jonathan was born. He was friends with a cousin who wanted to visit me, but had a problem driving at night in unfamiliar territory. So he brought her.

John asked me out on Valentine's Day. For two months, he visited me and my baby. He walked the floors to console baby, who often had colic, as cleft children do. He walked the halls of hospitals, after Jonathan had surgery.

I did not believe in divorce and remarriage at that time. But then, I felt in my heart like God had sent me this man.
A twenty-four year old man walking the halls with an unconsolable, screaming infant. A man who actually got me a charge card in my name - just in case.

I married John in 1974 and we've been together for all of these years. I'd marry him again in a minute. We've had some very bad years together and some very good years. All in all, as we have grown older and wiser, our marriage had blossomed!
He is a gift from God.

Emily in Maryland

#98097 - 02/23/07 03:27 PM Re: Would you marry the same man? [Re: EvilTwin]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Bookie, sorry to hear about that. I know a couple who married each other three times. This time they got it right.

allflowerz, welcome to the neighborhood. I hope to see you in more forums.

EvilTwin, I'm with you. I'd marry him without a thought. Sounds like we married similar guys. Everybody Loves Ross and I don't blame them. I tease him because of the show Everybody Loves Raymond. I was waiting for him outside his office the other day and I saw this little girl patient of his run up to him and give him a bear hug. She almost knocked him over. He's a good-hearted guy. I am blessed.

Edited by Dotsie (02/23/07 03:28 PM)

#98098 - 02/23/07 03:39 PM Re: Would you marry the same man?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Emily, that story warms my heart. Thank you for sharing it. And I'm so happy you two have each other. Same for you Dots. That door swings both ways. I know Mr. R is a wonderful man, and he thinks I'm funny, so why would I not adore him? But I'm sure he sees his own reflection when he looks at you!

You women are very blessed. I guess I'll just settle for Mr. Coffee.

#98099 - 02/23/07 05:39 PM Re: Would you marry the same man? [Re: jawjaw]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
JJ, my brother is still single....????!!!!!

Infact when I think about it, I know half a dozen men that would be taken by you. I sell lots of homes from divorced couples, and usually the guys spill their hearts out; somewhere between showing me the bar and the bathroom.
Actually I could open a dating service on the side. Hah! Hmmm, I wonder...

#98100 - 02/23/07 05:59 PM Re: Would you marry the same man? [Re: Edelweiss]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

If they are single, don't have a Mother, children, or Ex and have tons and tons of money, are blind in one eye and can't see good out of the other, love Southern Belles, even fluffy ones, then I'm in.

What?

#98101 - 02/23/07 06:05 PM Re: Would you marry the same man? [Re: jawjaw]
EvilTwin Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Quote:

If they are single, don't have a Mother, children, or Ex and have tons and tons of money, are blind in one eye and can't see good out of the other, love Southern Belles, even fluffy ones, then I'm in.

What?

HA! You ARE funny, JJ! Love it.

EvilTwin a/k/a Judy

http://www.alifescapesphoto.com

#98102 - 02/23/07 06:14 PM Re: Would you marry the same man? [Re: EvilTwin]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

What funny? I'm serious. Oh and they want to travel, with me. Not cruises though. I don't do the ocean. I saw JAWS.

#98103 - 02/23/07 07:11 PM Re: Would you marry the same man? [Re: jawjaw]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Hahahaaaa, okay...I got one for ya.

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved