The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 180 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#97917 - 12/07/06 12:20 PM Re: My oil painting [Re: Edelweiss]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Mornin' Hannelore...great idea about selling the oil painting..though I wouldn'n have a clue about costing and so. Lynnes ideas sound good though.
The coastline is here at home in The North of Ireland. Ballycastle is where I work every summer as a volunteer in a centre Called Corrymeela. The site is founded around the idea of peace and reconciliation and I work with all different types of disavantaged community groups. Google Corrymeela and it will tell you all about it. I am attempting to post a pic of the sunset...seen most evenings in Corrymeela in the summer. Good luck with the sale.

Popea
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#97918 - 12/07/06 12:59 PM Re: My oil painting [Re: Poppie]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Popea,

What a beautiful picture...and what a beautiful place to be every summer!

#97919 - 12/07/06 01:44 PM Re: My oil painting [Re: Jane_Carroll]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

And God's eyes slowly open....

What a beautiful picture, Popea!

#97920 - 12/07/06 02:48 PM Re: My oil painting [Re: jawjaw]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
What a peaceful place to have such a center for a Corrymeela community. And what a worthwhile mission you do here Popea. I read the link with great interest. This wasn't the community where you had membership problems, or was it? Well, it's good to know that everything has worked out for you.
Your photograph would be a perfect model for a watercolor. Do you paint, Popea?

Edited by Hannelore (12/07/06 02:48 PM)

#97921 - 12/07/06 04:03 PM Re: My oil painting [Re: Edelweiss]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
That is beautiful. Makes me want to visit you!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#97922 - 12/07/06 06:06 PM Re: My oil painting [Re: Dianne]
Poppie Offline

Hi ladies...yes it is a wonderful place to work for some time in the summer. I have been doing it since I was fifteen or so. Firstly as part of a school group. I volunteered about two years later, and I go up every summer when possible. I thought after applying for a job in the centre last year, I was being discriminated against and that they were bieng unintentionally homophobic. I stewed in that for a while...then asked the director outright. He assured me that it had not been the case. We talked at great length and they do recognise my commitment to the ministry there. The director wants me to chat with him(probably next summer) about different and more suitable positions in the future.
I paint a little and prefer the use of pastels Hannelore....I also have to brush up on my design skills, which will mean I will be painting again very soon.
The spot where the picture was taken is the same spot I sit and reflect every evening when I am working there.
JJ, that was one of the places I wanted to take you...had you made it across the border...it is just around the corner from The Giants Causeway. Next time...eh.

If ya'll decide to visit....just look us up and we'll more than happily be your tour guides.

Popea
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#97923 - 12/07/06 06:32 PM Re: My oil painting [Re: Poppie]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

And she means it to, the woman has a heart of gold. JJ

#97924 - 12/07/06 07:13 PM Re: My oil painting [Re: jawjaw]
Poppie Offline

(((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))JJ.

#97925 - 12/08/06 03:32 AM Re: My oil painting [Re: Poppie]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hann, I just never heard that word before! I just call it an "opening" or in the days of Greenwich Village NYC bohemia, it was called a "happening." Hey, did JJ meet Popea and Celtic in Ireland? Is this true? Am I just figuring this out? Do tell us more!

#97926 - 12/08/06 03:43 AM Re: My oil painting [Re: Princess Lenora]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Unfortunately, no. We never got to the Northern shores of Ireland. It was a case of our money running out wayyyyy before I time did. Sigh....But we've corresponded here and in private and I can tell you, Popea is a kind and sensitive person. I would stake a weeks salary on it.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved