The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 126 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#96673 - 11/27/06 11:23 PM Scrapbooking/Gift Wrapping
dejavu Offline
journeyman

Today I finished the last couple of pages of the scrapbook I was working on and 'closed up shop' for the next few weeks. I consolidated my supplies in a cabinet so that I could use my work table and my rolling cart to hold gift wrap supplies and store gifts until Christmas. I'm hoping to avoid the pile of gifts taking over the guest bed this year.

I also went through my scrapbooking supplies, got rid of some stuff that looked tired or dated, and made a list of supplies I might like in the new year when I begin scrapbooking again. Something to brighten things up when the cold weather sets in. It's interesting (and fun) to update my supplies so that my books evolve as my scrapbooking style evolves.

#96674 - 11/28/06 03:36 PM Re: Scrapbooking/Gift Wrapping [Re: dejavu]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
dejavu, why not ask for some of those supplies for Christmas?

#96675 - 11/28/06 04:48 PM Re: Scrapbooking/Gift Wrapping
Mountain Ash Offline

I have been doing a similar thing. Going throigh material and ribbons zips lace etc.Although I sew I took curtains to be altered(for Christmas) to a local sewing place.I also made up a box of unwanted but nice sewing things for the thrift shop.This will start someone else on the hobby.I threw away some things that were tired.
When I do return to making some items the freshness and tidiness will be super.Is this a seasonal things like nature shedding the leaves..are we doing a similar thing?
Mountain Ash.

#96676 - 12/02/06 01:45 PM Re: Scrapbooking/Gift Wrapping [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I just gave my old sewing machine, and all that went with it, to the Salvation Army. It was time. It hadn't been used in 19 years. Don't you agree it was time?

#96677 - 12/06/06 07:50 AM Re: Scrapbooking/Gift Wrapping
dejavu Offline
journeyman

Dotsie, oh yes, I have my scrapbooking wishlist which has been forcefed to my loved ones.

One of my daughters has become interested in sewing. I am giving her a sewing machine for Christmas, along with a sewing box filled with essentials. This way she'll stop borrowing mine!!

#96678 - 12/06/06 03:54 PM Re: Scrapbooking/Gift Wrapping [Re: dejavu]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Dejavu, how organized you are. I so envy that!

#96679 - 12/06/06 08:02 PM Re: Scrapbooking/Gift Wrapping [Re: jawjaw]
dejavu Offline
journeyman

Oh, believe me, the right brain and left brain are constantly battling it out.

#96680 - 12/10/06 01:28 PM Re: Scrapbooking/Gift Wrapping [Re: dejavu]
dejavu Offline
journeyman

I had to laugh - last night I went over to DD#2's house and she showed me how she had transformed HER scrapbooking area into her giftwrapping area.

What really totally cracks me up is that when she was a teenager, we seemed to have absolutely NOTHING in common any more. Of all my kids, she was the most difficult to deal with during the teen years. And now that she's 21 and married, we talk all the time and really enjoy each other's company.

It's a nice feeling.

#96681 - 12/10/06 02:14 PM Re: Scrapbooking/Gift Wrapping [Re: dejavu]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

That gives me a warm fuzzy. Good for you AND your daughter!

#96682 - 12/10/06 02:34 PM Re: Scrapbooking/Gift Wrapping [Re: jawjaw]
Pam R. Offline

Oh Dejavu, I have such a similar situation with my youngest daughter. She gave me all my gray hairs during her teen years. She is now on her own for many years, successful in business, and a real "MOMMY'S GIRL"! She MUST talk to me EVERYDAY! She is very family oriented and really needs to be "in the loop" with whatever is going on with the entire family. Funny how there was a time we thought we wound never get through to the next day together!

#96683 - 12/15/06 11:41 AM Re: Scrapbooking/Gift Wrapping [Re: Pam R.]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I'm pulling out of those teen years and am happy to be doing so. I use to have to light a match under my daughter to get her to do anything and last night she said, "Mom, when I get up in the morning, want to go Christmas shopping with me?" She just got home from her first semester at college last night.

Thanks for sharing your stories about the turn-arounds.

#96684 - 01/01/07 01:43 AM Re: Scrapbooking/Gift Wrapping [Re: Pam R.]
dejavu Offline
journeyman

I just remembered this thread - and wanted to report that I DID receive scrapbooking supplies as Christmas gifts and have got them all organized and ready to go. Packed away my gift-wrapping supplies. My husband goes out of town later in January and I plan to use that time to scrapbook up a storm!

#96685 - 01/01/07 07:24 PM Re: Scrapbooking/Gift Wrapping [Re: dejavu]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Dejavu,
I have to ask...do you find yourself dreaming of Hobby Lobby and places such as this? I know for me, I dream of Home and Garden Shows, patio homes, and things like that where I use to dream of Elvis and Sam Elliott...I would sell my front row seat in Hell to redecorate my house!

My oh my how things have changed! ha!

#96686 - 01/01/07 07:49 PM Re: Scrapbooking/Gift Wrapping [Re: Pam R.]
Mountain Ash Offline

This is a similar thread but not sewing/srapbooking;
I was gifted a handmade for me doll house for my fiftieth birthday.I then made and collected the furniture.Knitted and sewed tiny things.Friends and family gave stuff for birthdayd.
I contacted the childrens' hospice who will collect it then raffle it for funds.I did want the Mothers and siblings to use it but the person I spoke to wants to raise money.
To me the item is priceless....to them it will buy what is needed at the time.
I am looking forward to it being collected..
I will however keep one or two treasured things(a pram a baby and shawl) My decision seems "just right"
Just as the decision to request the house as a special gift was.I alays knew it my heart I only had it for a time...
Mountain Ash

#96687 - 01/01/07 08:13 PM Re: Scrapbooking/Gift Wrapping [Re: jawjaw]
dejavu Offline
journeyman

Quote:

Dejavu,
I have to ask...do you find yourself dreaming of Hobby Lobby and places such as this? I know for me, I dream of Home and Garden Shows, patio homes, and things like that where I use to dream of Elvis and Sam Elliott...I would sell my front row seat in Hell to redecorate my house!

My oh my how things have changed! ha!

Oh lordy, that's so true!! At some point, Bruce Willis and Harrison Ford were replaced by circle cutters, adhesives, and coupon day. Sad, so sad. (Not really!) Actually, I can still dredge up those romantic thoughts when I write.

Mountain Ash, that house sounds so wonderful! What a terrific thing to do - have the fun of making it, and then know it's going to a good cause. I takes me hat off to ya.

#96688 - 01/01/07 08:25 PM Re: Scrapbooking/Gift Wrapping [Re: dejavu]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Mountain Ash, I have to ask....do you happen to have a picture of this wonderful dollhouse? I absolutely have a fetish for them. I wish there was a way for me to enter the raffle! Louisa has an adorable one she furnished herself. You should see the pic's! What a great hobby. And one that takes patience and love. Both of which I am sure you have in abundance. Have you ever priced them in Antique Shops? That is, if you could ever find them? OMGosh...they are out of sight! Love, love, love them! I gave one to my oldest grandchild, Lea, but she is too young for it now so Mommy and Daddy put it up for a bit.

Dejavu, I drool when I go in Home Depot....

#96689 - 01/02/07 02:20 AM Re: Scrapbooking/Gift Wrapping [Re: jawjaw]
dejavu Offline
journeyman

Wipe that foam from around your mouth....

#96690 - 01/02/07 02:33 AM Re: Scrapbooking/Gift Wrapping [Re: dejavu]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I mean it. I caress the outdoor shutters, and have been known to crawl inside the jacuzzi's. It's a sickness, I know it. One day I'll get a leather tool belt. Oh to be the keeper of a tool shed with a lock on it. I live for crown molding and homemade cabinets. I want to change my middle name to Parkay....I'm sick....

#96691 - 01/02/07 10:03 AM Re: Scrapbooking/Gift Wrapping [Re: jawjaw]
dejavu Offline
journeyman

Parkay? Or do you mean BUTTER?

#96692 - 01/02/07 11:37 AM Re: Scrapbooking/Gift Wrapping [Re: dejavu]
Mountain Ash Offline

Jaw Jaw
I dreamt about my doll house whilst the craftsman was making it.I realise now it was a time things were out of my control.(will tell when a thread is suitable) and in this house I was in control.
I choose the wall coverings like someone would in their new house. I furnished the first room,Discovered how much my Grandfather had meant to me .For the first "person"was indeed a senior male.
Once for fun I photographed all the rooms with my then new digital camera.Added a photo of my kitchen and passed it round my workroom at college.I fooled them...but owned up when someone asked where a Georgian house was in my village...collecting the items was a happy time.We have Fairs where people meet.Show their wares.
I may think up another project likewise.
It sad no child plays plays with this.My wee boy(next door who is moving) came here when I was dusting it.He was speechless.Moved things and was gentle.I primed him that he was special to be so gentle...It was then I decided to share it.
Don't anyone suggest I give him it.His Dad would have kittens...he was in the Forces and my wee boy has to be a MAN. Thing is he wants a pink bedroom........Feel better about them moving.Having shared with your girls.God has always provided for me and will have a plan...
See you all soon.
Its a three story home wih middle staircase.Paned windows.Comumns on the side of a beautiful door.It has my initals carved on a plaque and the year of my birth.....1946 in case you forget the Boomer birth!!!!As if.
Jaw Jaw are you drooling?
Love Mountain ash

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved