The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 170 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 12 of 13 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 >
Topic Options
#96622 - 12/22/06 06:00 PM Re: Christmas Support Group [Re: TVC15]
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
To another Christmas anoyance.

I love shopping for gifts, but I hate wrapping them. But recently as I was wrapping a ton of gifts a thought entered my mind. I realized that the greatest gift of all time came wrapped in burial cloth.

Suddenly the packages looked a lot nicer and I was energized to finish the work.

When I remember to keep Christ in Christmas, I can forgive my own imperfections and things are so much easier.

smile

#96623 - 12/22/06 09:29 PM Re: Christmas Support Group [Re: smilinize]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I don't want to start a new topic so I hope it's appropriate to post this here.

A good friend of ours was killed in a car accident yesterday.He pulled out in front of another vehicle and got t boned. Both legs were broken and there was severe liver damage. The Drs. worked through the night to no avail.

He and my other half were the best pool playing buddies and friends.

I have included a little bit of background for you.

Guy Higginbotham, a career sax player for over thirty years, is unsurpassed in his field and has performed with such artist as Johnny Lee, the Forester Sisters, Little Richard, Percy Sledge, Bill Haley and The Comets, the Memphis Horns, the Muscle Shoals Horns, and the list goes on. Guy has traveled the world playing his horn, appeared on television specials, including HBO, Jay Leno, CMT, Arsenio Hall, and most all music awards shows. He has done studio work from Muscle Shoals to Nashville, to Memphis to L.A. to New York to Atlanta, and thousands of clubs in between.

Guy, you will be sadly missed.

chick

#96624 - 12/22/06 09:32 PM Re: Christmas Support Group [Re: chickadee]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Chick, I'm so sorry. Of course this was the right place to post this. What a terrible tragedy; your hearts must be so heavy with sadness right now. My prayers, heart, spirit and thoughts are with you at this time.

(Maya Angelou)

#96625 - 12/25/06 03:34 AM Re: Christmas Support Group [Re: Eagle Heart]
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I'm so sorry for your sad news Chick.
Please know my heart is with you on this sad holiday.

#96626 - 12/25/06 12:23 PM Re: Christmas Support Group [Re: TVC15]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Chick,

So sorry for your loss. I just had the warmest thought that the choirs of Angels just got jazzed up a bit...I can almost hear them...

#96627 - 12/25/06 01:00 PM Re: Christmas Support Group [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Mountain Ash Offline

Love and kind thoughts to all who have a heavy heart on this Christmas Day.Whatever the reason or cause forbsuch depleted energy.
I am at peace with my reasons and understand better due to this thread.....starting from this year I will renew my attitude.
Peace and Goodwill
Mountain ash

#96628 - 12/25/06 01:55 PM Re: Christmas Support Group [Re: Mountain Ash]
Eagle Heart Offline

I woke up early this morning thinking of everyone here, hoping and praying that God's peace and consolation will silently sneak into the sadness that some are experiencing this day (myself included) and bring that inexplicable joy that tells us that we are not alone and that God is with us in a very special way today.

Peace and comfort to all my sisters who are in pain, alone, sadness or struggling in any way today...we've made it thus far, we will continue to move forward and upward into lighter patches of life...this too shall pass.

Love to all, and know that I'm carrying my sisters in my heart throughout the day, even if I can't get on the computer to say so. Know that you are never alone...be still and know that God is with you, my heart is with you, and so many others here are with you in spirit and prayer.

(Maya Angelou)

#96629 - 12/25/06 07:17 PM Re: Christmas Support Group [Re: Eagle Heart]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I too offer my condolences to you and your husband Chickadee. So sad to have something like this happen anytime but somehow its so much worse on this special holiday. He is with God now.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#96630 - 12/26/06 03:11 AM Re: Christmas Support Group [Re: chatty lady]
Eagle Heart Offline

Okay, it's 10pm, Christmas night. Here, all is calm, though we have another full family Christmas tomorrow and a third one on Wednesday (and a big birthday on Thursday), so Christmas has only begun in our house! But today went well. My brother was noticeably weak, and that was painful to see, but he loved the day and enjoyed being here. At one point, hubby and I were busy in the kitchen cleaning up after supper, and it struck me that I needed to just stop and go sit with my brother. So I left hubby with the rest of the clean-up and went to cuddle close to my brother...and was so grateful for whatever Voice it was that helped me to see that he needed me more than the dishes did at that point.

It was a good day, a joyful day, a tranquil day, but definitely tinged with sadness and "knowing" that we just simply cannot know where or "who" we're going to be this time next year. But then, none of us do, do we? We just have to take each moment and live it to the fullest possible extent, and be glad for the gift that is in that moment. Let tomorrow unfold as it will, I just need to embrace THIS day and not worry about the rest.

So I'm rambling. It was not easy to keep that fear at bay all day...your prayers and caring thoughts surely helped the serenity to win out over the fear. Thank you.

So how did everyone else do today? I've been thinking about you all ALL DAY, throughout the entire day...part of me has been here in spirit every moment today, hoping and praying that it would be "not such a bad day after all" for so many of you for whom today was/is not a day you were looking forward to.

And I hope everyone has a gentle night.

(Maya Angelou)

#96631 - 12/26/06 04:46 AM Re: Christmas Support Group [Re: Eagle Heart]
chickadee Offline

God Bless each and every one of you...for everything.
Yes, a gentle night to all.
Luv
chick

Page 12 of 13 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved