The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 147 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#9495 - 12/30/04 07:17 PM man with 3 kids and no ring
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I saw it again yesterday while at the food court in the mall. Another dad with three children and no wedding ring. [Roll Eyes]

He was doing an excellent job of caring for them. They were young and he had his hands full. I never know the story behind the family when I see this. I only pray the kids are well cared for when they are with either Mom or Dad.

#9496 - 12/30/04 11:57 PM Re: man with 3 kids and no ring
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
THere are people who are married but don't wear a ring. Then, he may be dating a woman with 3 kids. Or his wife left but he has custody. You never know. At least they're being cared for.

#9497 - 12/31/04 12:36 AM Re: man with 3 kids and no ring
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Dotsie: My husband and I have never wore wedding bands and have been married for 21 years.

#9498 - 12/31/04 02:32 AM Re: man with 3 kids and no ring
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Most men don't wear wedding rings. I did a study once of my phone customers and 1 out of 8 wore a ring and even some of them said they removed them ocassionaly, hummm, wonder when and why??? None of my husbands wore a ring. I didn't either the second time, had a large cluster diamond ring but it was always catching on things so I rarely ever wore it daily. Third time ad a gold band and it was easier to manage that one, half the time I forgot it was there. [Eek!]

#9499 - 12/31/04 10:00 PM Re: man with 3 kids and no ring
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
You got me...guilty of judging a book by it's cover. Sorry ladies. Thanks for snapping me back into shape. I really try not to judge, but sometimes I can't help myself. Forgive me please.

#9500 - 12/31/04 11:14 PM Re: man with 3 kids and no ring
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Just out of curiosity, how many boomer's and their husbands wear wedding rings? And how to boomers feel about it??

My husband and I both wear gold bands. He wanted me to have one and he wanted one of his own. If he had not, I would not have married him.
I figure if I'm publicly stating I am a married woman, he should state publicly that he is married also.
Having been single a lot, I know how men manipulate the no wedding ring thing. Sometimes just to make it easier to flirt. But flirtation can lead to closeness then to seduction.
Many men remove their wedding rings to pickup women and single women have to be on the alert for it.
Just my take. What's yours?
smile

#9501 - 01/01/05 03:53 AM Re: man with 3 kids and no ring
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Earl and I had matching silver with inlaid gold wedding bands that I had specially made by a Navaho Indian jeweler. They were expensive and no two others like them. After the first oh maybe 13 months all of a sudden 'slugos' fingers began to swell(oh my) and he put his on his key ring this was also the time he was taking hours away from home to do jobs that should have taken about 1/10th of the time. Get the picture? Yes Smile you are exactly correct. Even in Vegas its hard to get a tramp to flirt with you while wearing a ring I guess.... [Mad]

#9502 - 01/02/05 02:48 AM Re: man with 3 kids and no ring
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
He could also be divorced and have the kids for the week or something. You just never know.

I for one believe in wearing the rings. But, my first husband had one. Didn't wear it working - it could get caught too easily on something. He wore it the rest of the time - I think, but it didn't stop him........

Second one wears the ring. I have tons of rings. I love them. I even have 3 different ones I wear as my wedding ring. I switch them around. It's a symbol, yes - but, it's a piece of jewelry. What's in the heart is what really counts. IF a man or woman wants to be unfaithful, a piece of jewelry won't stop them.
Louisa

#9503 - 01/02/05 03:13 AM Re: man with 3 kids and no ring
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
quote:
Originally posted by Louisa:
It's a symbol, yes - but, it's a piece of jewelry. What's in the heart is what really counts. IF a man or woman wants to be unfaithful, a piece of jewelry won't stop them.
Louisa

I totally agree Louisa. If someone wants to cheat, a ring won't stop them. But it might stop the other person.
I am a huge flirt, but when I was single, a wedding ring would stop me in my tracks. He might be immune, but I might not.
smile

#9504 - 01/02/05 05:31 AM Re: man with 3 kids and no ring
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
We both wear them. The only times I've taken mine off is when I was teaching an art class and didn't want to lose it in the artwork. After the class it went back on my finger. One of the other teachers and I worked together with our classes. He never took his off but then he didn't do much with whatever we were working in either.
Maggie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved