The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 165 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#94948 - 12/08/06 03:51 AM Re: Customer Service [Re: Eagle Heart]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Isn't it funny how when one thing goes right, other things seem to follow? How cool is that?

#94949 - 12/08/06 03:10 PM Re: Customer Service [Re: jawjaw]
dejavu Offline
journeyman

The printers are cheap, it's the INK that's expensive!!

#94950 - 12/08/06 07:51 PM Re: Customer Service [Re: dejavu]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
What a pleasant surprise. Woohoo!

#94951 - 12/09/06 02:45 PM Re: Customer Service
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
What a nice Christmas bonus for you! I can only buy my Dell ink online. Kind of a pain.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#94952 - 12/09/06 08:55 PM Re: Customer Service [Re: Dianne]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Eagle one of my moms favorite sayings is "when it rains, it pours" and that can be attributed to good or bad luck. High five to you for your good luck....

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#94953 - 01/25/07 03:32 PM Re: Customer Service [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
Ladies, ladies, ladies.......please. I am a customer service representative for a high end vehicle warranty roadside assistance program. You would know immediately who it is and who their association is with.

From my perspective, we are highly trained. I just attended a class on my day off on how to manage our own lives while trying to give the best customer service to others.

While I can understand your frustration, let me tell you about the people I work with and their lives in dealing with you.

Most of the people I work with only get paid $8-10 an hour. Most of them are either in college to be nurses or whatever. At least half, if not more are parents and many are single parents whose daycares charge $100 a wk at least. They drive metiocre cars that only run about half the time and live in apartments they have to share with someone else because they can't afford one on their own.

They have to order their food from McDonald's or pizza places and have it delivered to the door. They have to listen to people who paid $70,000 for a vehicle and don't even know how to turn it on........duhhhhh Most of the people they serve have vehicles with flat tire monitors...half the time you ask them if they got out to see if the tire is really flat and they say, "I have to do that?" duhhhhhh
While your customer service rep is wondering where the next mortgage or rent payment is coming from and worrying that their McJob will be sent overseas to India or Mexico to fatten the vehicle owner's corporation's bottom line so they can afford to buy one of those expensive vehicles for their son or daughter leaving for Princeton.......
Most of them don't even bother to read the owner's manual...duhhhhh What person pays that much for a vehicle and doesn't even read the owner's manual?
Don't get me wrong, I'm one of those who bends over backwards to help people who come in on my line because I consider each one of them a family member and try not to take it personally when they jump in my sh%%$$ about their lack of instant gratification.
I can tell you, we receive no less than 50 calls a day sometimes a lot more and are trained to treat each and every call as if it were our only one.
We have strick dress codes, have to sit in cubicles facing the wall with no stimulation other than the internet which we aren't allowed to access...we work crosswords if it gets slow, which it rarely does, and our only bright spot of the day is our interaction with eachother and our breaks which are two 15 min breaks and a 1/2 hr for lunch, during which time we sit on the commode to relieve ourselves while checking on our families via cellphone, which we aren't allowed to have at our desks, while munching on a bag of chips...
I call it multitasking...

#94954 - 01/25/07 07:38 PM Re: Customer Service [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
Oh, and my poor supervisors...they only get paid about a dollar more an hour and have to run around taking the really nasty calls where the person on the other end acts like they know your job better than you do and calls you names that would make a sailor blush.
We can only do so much. We depend on others who may or may not rise to the occasion, the police are often called in and have their own agenda, we can only work within the guidelines of the companies policies with very few exceptions and still we get degraded, humiliated, talked down to and unappreciated.
Its so nice to hear someone on the other end say, "Thank you so much! You've been very helpful!" Its like a cool drink to a parched throat.
Instant gratification is something we drive thru McDonald's for. Sometimes the person on the other end of the line has just left the hospital with a sick mate or child. They just learned today that the baby they are carrying may have serious health problems, the finance company is coming to take their only means of transportation to and from work away for lack of payment.
That CSR is a person too and if you don't want to find a hair in your soup, or worse....try to treat them as such.

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved