The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 141 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#94911 - 11/20/06 08:03 PM Re: Customer Service [Re: chatty lady]
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Some of the people you all are describing sound STUPID, like they have no common sense.

This morning I had to call AMX because my I had fraudulent charges on my bill - $1600.00. I did have to wait, but was told exactly how long and I like that. At least you know. I talked to 2 different people and was reassured that the charges will be removed and to not allow it to worry me during the holidays. It was not a bad experience at all.

laurapoplin.com

#94913 - 11/21/06 12:02 AM Re: Customer Service [Re: ]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Geez, I know its all a total rip off! I cancelled my order @ Coldwatercreek. Also, not to hip on JJill b/c the store carries handbags at full price, yet sold on website on sale as clearance! The JJill stores will not honor the website sales! Yet, they will order an item from the website for you! Got really upset @ Dillards this past weekend b/c I signed up for sale advertisements via email, have not received any & the items I was waiting to purchase have done gone on and off sale! I can't stop into Dillards every week, afterall! I closed my Dillards card a few years ago b/c they only have a 30-day return policy, or take your chances at a loss! Thus, although you may purchase an item for yourself, get a gift receipt!

Cathi is right, complaining usually comes to no avail and managers usually laught about it. I've worked retail for the May Company and Belks, both of which have very little respect for their employees, who inturn feel similar, thus high turnover rates.

#94915 - 11/21/06 12:31 AM Re: Customer Service [Re: Anno]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Girls,
You've hit on one of my MAIN pet peeves. I have two ways to go with this.

If they don't give me the service I ask for, I WRITE TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE. I use to ask to see the manager, and that's fine, but if things didn't change in some cases, or if I got lip service from a manager, I'd go over THEIR heads and either call or write to the home office. Guess what? They listen! It don't pay to make da Queen mad.

The second thing is this...if I get good service, warm fuzzies and all that jazz from a place of business, I ALSO tell the manager, AND write the home office and tell them.

Turn about seems fair play....

The other night I went to a grocery store which I won't name but the initials are PUBLIX. After I finished putting all of my groceries on the conveyor belt, and then after I bagged them as she slung them DOWN the conveyor belt, and turned around to swipe my card in the payment thingy...the cashier was two steps ahead of me and starting pushing buttons before I could hit the appropriate ones. She then said, "Sorry, now you'll have to swipe it again." Like it was my fault. THEN....I swiped the card and started to enter the correct pin and there she goes, pushing the freakin' buttons again.

She said, "whoops!" I said, "Listen, are you getting off work in a few minutes?" She said, "no." I said, "Do you see anybody behind me waiting?" Again the answer was "no." I said, "Then stop rushing me. What's you're freakin' hurry? Fast does not necessarily make competent, got it? I may be slower than what you want me to be, but I'm tired from doing YOUR job!"

#94916 - 11/21/06 12:48 AM Re: Customer Service [Re: jawjaw]
Pam R. Offline

Okay girls, the telephone is STILL NOT FIXED. Do you hear me screaming!!!!!!!!! Yes, since Nov. 5th, two half days taken off from work for these morons that come prancing in with Work Order sheets that all they care about is that I sign them so they can leave. They say there are cable line problems, wire problems, water in the ground problems, all equaling static and a humming. But they can't seem to fix it. And, I just learned that if you feel you deserve a credit on your phone bill you have to call that same God forsaken phone # and hang on for 20-40 minutes to tell them yourself. There is no automatic credit and of course, the repair department cannot give your request to the billing department because that is not allowed. You have to call them yourself. I am ready to write to the FCC. They tell me now that by Nov. 22nd, they feel it will be fixed. Let's see.

JJ...I fully agree about the letter writing. Three weeks ago I sent a very nice letter to our Cable Company complimenting the service guy. They called to say they were putting the letter in his file, which is what I wanted to happen. But guess what...my cable is now doing the same thing...snow, and jerkiness due to the digital service! I told hubby we have to sell this house and buy another just to rectify our phone and TV problems!

#94917 - 11/21/06 02:43 PM Re: Customer Service [Re: Pam R.]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Pam, we had problems after getting HD. Is this the same problem you're having?

I'm going to have an all-out-war with the carry out guys at my grocery store. They ask if I want paper or plastic and I say plastic. Then, they argue with me! I have to have plastic so I can shove them into this little cart and roll it up to our flat. I don't think I should be required to explain it to them.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#94919 - 11/22/06 12:12 AM Re: Customer Service [Re: Pam R.]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Kathy, I still expect good customer service, which could explain why I'm dissapointed so often. JJ, I also tell them when someone does a good job and they are always surprised. I've worked in customer service and nobody calls to tell you what a good job someone does. Maybe customer service went bad because so many customers (not us) are mean and rude...just a thought.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#94920 - 11/22/06 12:45 AM Re: Customer Service [Re: Saundra]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Saundra, I do that too. In fact, I often embarrassed my kids if they were with me because I will talk to the employees and try to brighten their day or tell them what a good job they are doing or how helpful they are.

And if I see a parent taking the extra time to talk to their child patiently or something, I always tell them too. Someone did that long ago for me, when I was in the grocery store, and it made such an impact that I still share similar comments with others today.

My son was only about 3, and he wanted to pull things off the shelves. I got down on my knees and talked calmly and patiently to him and he listened and behaved. A woman came up and said she wished more people talked to their kids that way instead of screaming at them. She said this type of patience will show later when the child grows up. And it has!

#94921 - 11/22/06 01:59 PM Re: Customer Service [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Saundra Offline

This morning I can b---h! I tried to get online and Juno popped up a message that I exceeded my ten hour limit. What?!?!?! I pay for this service - over one year now and I can't use it?!?!?! Two phone calls: 1. So sorry, no manager available. Remember, with outsourcing I speak to people in India. 2. 2nd call and I got a manager (1 hour on phone by now) who told me to uninstall and reinstall and explained how to do that. It worked. But 1st they tried to get me to call customer service so I would have to pay for this information. Drat! Ruined my early morning work list.

#94922 - 11/22/06 09:43 PM Re: Customer Service [Re: Saundra]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Well, heres one for you. I signed up for a new email address on Google yesterday and they sent me a verification email, but I don't know where (or how) to go to get the email they sent me to the new Google address. Ain't that a crock or is it just me???

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#94923 - 11/24/06 11:52 PM Re: Customer Service [Re: chatty lady]
Saundra Offline

Well, I need that chuckle, Chatty. Sorry, I know it's frustrating. I bet Kathy can help you.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved