The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 142 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#94887 - 11/12/06 02:54 PM Customer Service
Anonymous
Unregistered

Did I spell that correctly? Are the worlds still in Webster's dictionary? Could someone please check!

Gosh, I tell you, it does not exist. Truly does not.

I ordered jeans from a local Coldwatercreek store (I need the long stretch jeans) in person, gave my current address, phone, credit, etc. Have not received them yet. History: about 2 weeks b/4 ordering I went to the store to try sizes and ensure I could order them at no extra fee and free shipping. Yes. So 2 weeks later when I found my $25 off $100 coupon, I called the store to ensure the jeans were available and "Tammy" said we do not sale long sizes! Well, bull hockey, they do! I told her to check on it, she huffed and puffed and finally confirmed. I went in the next night and ordered and purchased another item to total the $100. I never received them, turns out that "Tammy" sent them to my old address of 6 years ago! That Witch! I've had two other phone calls with Coldwatercreek, who apologized and noted the situation, yet still waiting on my jeans! Geez.

Took car to Ford dealership Friday as I called 2 days ahead and made an appointment for new tires, 4-wheel alignment, coolant system flush, and check the brakes and call me w/ status of brakes b/4 going forward w/ the later. 5 hours laters and several phone calls w/ no return calls, they are finally taking a look at my car. Long story short, when arriving to p/u & pay for car, they kept me there for an entire hour b/c I complained I had been overcharged $30, I was right! But it took 3 people and the cashier to figure it out! I was fuming! I told them I'd never purchase another vehicle from them! They're response was it had been a busy day in observance of Veteran's Day. I told them, well I'm a veteran and served the Gulf War, thanks for keeping me hostage for an hour for your mistake and horrible customer service.

Locally is an outdoor furniture store that carries Lloyd Flanders, very nice and very expensive. I went in one evening to inquire of future sales, went back during the sale and the salesperson identified me as that woman re: sale dates, and no one would help me, the salespersons just hung at the sales counter talking amongst themselves. Nope, did not make a sale off me!

Wal-Mart employees move so much merchandise, they don't know where anything is! And, I was called a white woman in Wal-Mart! A cashier actually said I had better return the shopping cart to the appropriate location, and called a white woman! What does that mean? Another recent occassion at Wal-Mart, I was in the hunting department looking for socks and no other customers where there at that moment (for horse-back riding), I asked the salesperson if they carried smaller sizes, where he replied very loudly we don't sale hunting equipment for women! Where I very loudly replied that I Do Not Hunt, It Is For Horseback Riding During Colder Weather, by that time the hunting department was full of male customers!

Contacted a local furniture store about sofas and after talking to the saleslady, turns out she had worked at a local Talbots and she described me! I'd not seen her since Dec '04. I told her I was at the web site, yet had questions. She said she would maile me a package. Upon receiving the package, it did not address the question, afterall the furniture store is about an hour from my house, so I called her back re: info she mailed me, and she was very rude saying "and I told you to check the web site" where I replied I have, I'm there now, yet have questions about the sofa! She could not grasp the concept. They do not have that sofa on the floor, so the only way to get info is from the salesperson. Again, no sale there!

Also, I've noticed that when shopping at Victorias Secret and The Limited, the sales associates assist younger ladies.

A local feed/tack store where I purchase horse goods works a saleslady who "hugs" the cash register, rarely moves from that position -- they should pay me for having to move and lift my own large purchases!

Customer Service = self-service.

#94888 - 11/12/06 03:00 PM Re: Customer Service [Re: ]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Customer service has become something they say they offer but really don't.

Return your cart where it's supposed to go? I would have asked for a manager. I always go over their heads when I'm upset.

Maybe the universe is trying to save you money by not allowing you to shop!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#94889 - 11/12/06 03:23 PM Re: Customer Service [Re: Dianne]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Mustang - I love you first line.
Dianne - Maybe the universe is trying to save Mustang money - great thought.

When I am at the checkout, and get no thank you, I find myself saying "Thanks for shopping here!" and then replying "You are welcome!" outloud. It gets some very strange looks.

We need to complain, but rather than complaining about an individual, we need to ask the management to teach the sales people how to provide service. Until management demands it, teaches it and finds a way to reward good service, it ain't gonna happen.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#94890 - 11/12/06 05:26 PM Re: Customer Service [Re: Anno]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
"I told them, well I'm a veteran and served the Gulf War, thanks for keeping me hostage for an hour for your mistake and horrible customer service"

Yeah! give it to 'em, Mustang Gal!

I hardly ever believe a sales man or lady.
90% of the time they don't know their own merchandise. I always go looking for myself, and usually find it. (Not the small shops, I mean the big chain stores) I've given up telling the sales people, "I told you so". Can't waste my time with that.
This has been one of my favourite gripes. It's the same thing here in Germany. Although Germans always praised the service in the States, but times have been a changing. I noticed that after my last visit.
I agree with Anno, where are the managers? Don't they realize they lose so many sales through there untrained personnel?
They must earn too much…there's no other explanation.

#94892 - 11/13/06 12:42 AM Re: Customer Service [Re: ]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Mustang Girl, you are not alone. I've noticed the decline in customer service for a decade. Management doesn't care.
They say they do, but they don't. I think the chain stores have too many sales and make too much money to care. Unless the sales people work on commission they do't make enough money to care. Maybe it was just the last full moon...
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#94893 - 11/14/06 12:07 AM Re: Customer Service [Re: Saundra]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit....

Mustang thats just the way it is and I doubt we'll see a change in our lifetime, if ever....Now you all know why I shop the catalogs, no jackass's to mess with. At least not so far...

Edited by chatty lady (11/14/06 12:08 AM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#94894 - 11/14/06 01:43 AM Re: Customer Service [Re: chatty lady]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit....

Chatty, can I steal that line from you?
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#94895 - 11/14/06 02:05 AM Re: Customer Service [Re: Saundra]
Pam R. Offline

I can't believe this is happening to all of us...across the U.S. and even out of the country.

I just had a screaming match with AT&T phone service tonight...yep, tonight. I got off the phone which has horrible static for 8 days with a customer service rep that was yelling at me through my sentences. I finally said, wait...aren't I the customer here? I have had 4 service calls, 2 of which I had to take time off from work and STILL, MY PHONE IS NOT FIXED! Oops, I am screaming again! Sorry! They have to send a new crew. One guy said he doesn't even believe that the lineman ever really came.

Then, last week I had a little "talk" with assistant manager of the local food chain here in town. This is a large food chain that stretches from Boston out to PA. I was on line with all my groceries on the belt. The Assistant Mgr. was talking with the cashier loud enough for me to hear the whole conversation. He was reprimanding her in front of all the customers. I took him aside and told him that HIS behavior was inappropriate. He should never had spoken to her in public that way, whether he was right and she was wrong, or otherwise. He should have taken her into a private office. He said, "I didn't see you there". What??? My groceries were on the belt and he was making ME, THE CUSTOMER, wait for him to reprimand the cashier for a prior mistake. He then simply walked away, and never said he was sorry.

Finally, this past Sunday, after Mass, I stopped at a bagel shop for coffee and a bagel to take out. The young fellow (about 20) behind the counter began ringing up my purchase and stopped in the middle to turn and horse around with another employee about the fun they had the night before with all their friends. Again...what the heck is going on? No one is considerate with customer service any longer. Seems to me that our work ethics were much different than today.

#94896 - 11/14/06 03:23 AM Re: Customer Service [Re: Pam R.]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
People no longer expect good customer service. At Rick and June, I'm really fast at replying to emails, getting out orders, answering questions, etc...just what every business should do... and here's a sample quote from one of my customers:

Kathy,
What an absolute delight to actually talk and communicate with a REAL person. You take care also! Elizabeth

See, I think we are just shocked nowadays when we actually DO get good service. Sad, I know.

When I'm a customer, I try to lighten things up with the workers a little. Some of them do get cheerier, but others almost seem like they resent that I'm making the effort to get them out of their doldrums.

Kathy

#94897 - 11/14/06 07:04 AM Re: Customer Service [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
That's so cute...Chatty, I want to steal your quote too. Can I huh?huh?

Kathy, that's what divides the peas from the pods..(another good quote). I can't have any unanswered email either. When I get a house in to sell, sometimes I do house showings on the very same day. The sellers are always astounded. But it's no big thing, I just do everything right away. Because of this I get a lot of house sale referrals, more than other agents,...now if only the market were better.
Are you an Aries?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved