The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 178 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#94633 - 11/09/06 11:25 PM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: chatty lady]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
I try to avoid my cleavage but it's everywhere. It's even places it's not supposed to be and not in a good way.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#94634 - 11/10/06 02:52 AM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: Saundra]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
I love my cleavage after 50. When I was 48 I had breast cancer, and had to have bilateral mastectomies. I had reconstruction surgery. It took 5 surgeries to cut the cancer and rebuild the anatomy. Of course, I'm not real (saline implants) but I have cleavage like I had at 15. It's funny. I hated my breasts when I was 13, 14, 15 because I was a 34 D, and Twiggy was the "it" girl. I always had to wear a bra, could not run for my life lest the breasts fly up and hit me in the chin, and got more stares and whistles than I ever ever wanted. Then, when I was facing mastectomy, I grieved before -hand the loss of the breasts. You see, the bigger they are, the harder they fall, and mine fell to my knees. My plastic surgeon could not wait to get her hands on my old breasts and give me new ones. I said I did not want to be bigger or smaller than before; I just wanted to be in the right place. For the first time in my life I can go without a bra. So, I'm happy now that I have cleavage in all the right places. Except now I need to get my butt back to its proper position, and my NECK is beginning to scare me with its creepiness!

#94635 - 11/10/06 11:38 AM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: Princess Lenora]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
You look so petite, Lynnie. Hard to imagine you with a size D. Now you don't need a bra? Well that's every women's dream.
As a young woman, I was pretty flat chested. Now I'm twice as big. Has something run a muck here?
I could never understand any woman wanting to enlarge their breasts. I loved having "less". It's more comfortable, and I think the sleek look is classier.
Sigh, those were the days my friends .

#94636 - 11/11/06 02:12 AM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: Edelweiss]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
I am small boned and about 5 feet 4 inches. My large chest was quite obvious. I don't think one look is "classier" than another. We have to embrace our bodies. I was taught that lesson in a big way while going through cancer. My mother is 5 feet tall. She was a 34 DD. By the time I was 13, I was borrowing her bras because I was too self-conscious to buy my own, and too embarrassed for her to go shopping with me (a teen thing.) She lost a breast to cancer, as did my grandmother, and neither chose reconstruction. I remember when I was in my early 20s and some guy in the office said to me "When you got it, flaunt it." I was so embarrassed. Today, his comment would be considered sexual harassment. Those days, I would have preferred a figure like Peggy Lipton, or Farah Fawcett, or Jackie Kennedy, Olivia Newton-John. Oh how I envied their figures. Oh, another thing: Ds were hard to come by. I would go to Pennys in the 70s and they would sell up to 34 C. Nowadays, it's easier to get bras in D cups because there is so much enhancement. One recent year, 41 of the 51 Miss America contestants had had implants. Anyway, cleavage or not, I think we should do what is most comfortable and authentic for us, no matter our breast size!

#94637 - 11/12/06 12:48 AM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: Princess Lenora]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I agree with Lynnie. Do what is comfortable and what makes you feel great. I am small breasted, but have that wrinkly cleavage thing going on. So what? If I want to wear a low cut blouse or dress, and someone sees a few wrinkles, I don't mind. And then, somedays, I like to wear a turtleneck.

I am going to be proud of what my body looks like, no matter the wrinkles or the dimples. I do try to take care of my looks, but won't let wrinkels dictate what I hide and what I show. At least, I am not ready yet.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#94638 - 11/12/06 03:13 PM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: Anno]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I don't have the "wrinkles" unless I shove my breast together, toward the middle. David always tells me when I'm wearing something a little low cut to be aware that men stare and how I always get upset when they do so I'm basically setting myself up if I do wear it. I don't have many low cut tops. It's too cold here anyway! Frozen boobs.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#94639 - 11/12/06 09:23 PM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: Dianne]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I agree with doing what makes you feel good.

Did any of you nurse? I have friends who complained that they lost their boobs when they finished nursing. Funny thing. I didn't. Mine got bigger. That, and the twenty pounds I've gained through the years has added to my chest. What fun.

#94640 - 11/12/06 09:26 PM Re: Cleavage after 50
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Don't know about that Dots, but Jane's a nurse, we could ask her. What? What did I miss?

#94641 - 11/14/06 02:53 PM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: jawjaw]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Joan Rivers says she has to hem her nipples every morning so she doesn't trip on them.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#94642 - 11/14/06 03:36 PM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: Dianne]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Dotsie, I nursed both my kids and it didn't affect my boob-style at all. I've never been the perky, uplifted type anyway - my best friend has those and didn't nurse because she didn't want to lose that. I felt nursing was more important that what my boobs looked like in 20 years.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved