The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 120 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#94541 - 11/08/06 03:02 PM I'm a woman going back to work
reneehanlin Offline

Hello. I am a woman that has recently gone back to work and I have to say that it is very frustrating. The work world has changed so much since I was in it 15 years ago. I love to work, but I would love to be living my dream of being a writer! I would love to be able to make a living doing that. I realize that everyone gets frustrated at one time or another, but I just wish that things would get better. My financial situation is not in the best of shape, as well as alot of people's. Is anyone out there going through the same frustration I am? Thank you for your input. Sincerely, Renee' Hanlin, Davenport, Iowa.

#94542 - 11/08/06 03:35 PM Re: I'm a woman going back to work [Re: reneehanlin]
starting over Offline

Loc: Illinois
Hi Renee, welcome to BWS. Welcome to 'my world'. I'm so sorry you have been forced to join this frustrating punch-a-clock-when-you-want-to-work-from-home routine.

For me, I work a fulltime job, a part time job, am building a Mary Kay business on the side so I can quit the jobs and freelance writing all at the same time. I too am frustrated at the work atmosphere, frustrated with costs, frustrated with myself for being unable to find any further areas to cut my budget in.

But all you can do is dig in, fight the good fight, look at your job as great 'fodder' for writing material and move on. Cut your expenses to the bone and set a goal to work yourself out of your job as soon as possible.

Personally, my goal is to build my Mark Kay business enough to walk away from the part time job, thus opening up valuable time I can then invest in my writing and Mary Kay business, then build MK some more and leave my full time job. My ultimate goal is to work from home on my writing and Mary Kay business. I have given myself 3 years to achieve this goal.

By setting some goals and doing some dreambuildng you too can find a way out of your situation and spend your time working on your passion. I hope I have encouraged you!

How we handle change determines our Destiny. P. Trapp
www.pattiswriting.com
www.marykay.com/ptrapp777

#94543 - 11/08/06 04:01 PM Re: I'm a woman going back to work [Re: starting over]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Welcome Renee! You'll find this forum a great place to share your troubles as well as your joys; the women here are so supportive.

Keep us posted on your work situation; some of us might have specific suggestions that will make it easier. Also, it's nice sometimes to just vent!

Kathy

#94544 - 11/08/06 04:36 PM Re: I'm a woman going back to work [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Oh boy, I can relate Renee. We're sharing the same dream!
Throw in the Cape house with an ocean view, the large deck, a couple of weathered white rocking chairs, and of course that dear computer, on which I can hammer away one brilliant story after another....sigh.
Oh I'm getting into this.
Don't forget the glass of white wine, nice background music, a full refrigerator, and in the evening a couple of good friends who want to come over and cook a fantastic Italien dinner for you ….sigh.
Oh yes, and that very important phone call from your publisher announcing your next Best Seller has hit the NY charts. Geez….I better watch out…maybe I died, and this is heaven.
Welcome Renee. This is a fun place to be.

#94545 - 11/08/06 05:57 PM Re: I'm a woman going back to work [Re: Edelweiss]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Hi Renee. I can relate too. In February I'll be at my most recent job 3 years. I don't like it and I don't make enough money, but the hours are right and I have health insurance. It's been a bad year and I'm not producing as well as last year. That means my boss isn't happy. Maybe I can keep the job until my book comes out and my dreams come true...don't wake me up now!
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#94546 - 11/08/06 06:26 PM Re: I'm a woman going back to work [Re: Saundra]
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
Welcome Renee - I think most of us can relate to work frustrations

It's easy to get focused on reasons why we don't like our "day job" but startingover had some good points about setting goals and focusing on those. On days when I'm really into the "I wish I could just work part time, or could quit this job" mode, I give myself a little mental shake and try to come up with some reasons to like this job - good money, good benefits, good people to work with, etc.

Set some goals, and remind yourself that every pay check you get, you are one step closer to those goals! And don't stop dreaming or working on your writing
My Blog: www.ebenezerscribe.blogspot.com

#94547 - 11/08/06 06:41 PM Re: I'm a woman going back to work [Re: Evie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Hi ho Renee, welcome and be patient dear, it only took me 20 years to be able to sell enough writing to break even, now besides writing I am forunate enough to EDIT other writers and make a decent living. I guess you can say I paid my dues, and paid and paid and paid....

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved