The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 146 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#94374 - 11/25/06 10:13 PM Re: Pumpkin [Re: Poppie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Please post your soup recipe Popea....would love to try it.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#94375 - 11/27/06 11:34 PM Re: Pumpkin [Re: chatty lady]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Hi Chatty,

I love my soups and so do my family. Anyhoo, here is the one I talked off. It would feed a small army.

2 large onions
6 large cloves of garlic
2 Table spoons tomato puree
4 tins plum tomatoes(500g undrained)
2lb large fresh carrots.
1 Chunk of ginger(apprx the size of two cloves of garlic)
1/2 table spoons of balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons of powdered mustard.
1 teaspoon paprika.
3/4 Pints of veg stock
Bunch of fresh basil

Chop onions and garlic roughly and sweat (basil infused extra virgin oil) in a large soup pot with the tomato puree until softened.
Add balsamic vinegar,paprika and mustard powder.
Then the tinned tomatoes and leave to simmer gently while slicing carrots and finely chopping the fresh ginger.
Add carrots, ginger and veg stock.
Bring slowly to boil and leave to simmer then on a low heat for an hour and a quarter,(leaving the lid on the pot)

After the cooking time, check to ensure that the carrots are cooked just soft.( Not mushy!)
At this point, I usually take a straining seive and lift out about a third of the tomatoes and carrots and put them in a bowl before tearing up most of the basil, throwing it into the remaining pot and blitzing it with the hand blender.
Put the contents of the bowl carefully back into the soup pot, season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
Tear the remaining basil and sprinkle on top.
Serve with crusty rolls and brie.

I also add spicy sausage and canneloni beans to this recipe and it becomes a hearty winter warming stew when not blended.
8/10 servings depending on how hungry your diners are.

Po
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#94376 - 11/28/06 10:20 AM Re: Pumpkin [Re: Poppie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Oh boy Popea wait until JJ sees this wonderful and healthy soup recipe. I copied it, cutting down the ingredients to feed four, and will be trying it out next week. Thanks...

Edited by chatty lady (11/28/06 10:21 AM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#94377 - 12/27/06 07:31 AM Re: Pumpkin [Re: chatty lady]
JaMaPh Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Az
LOL I just learned what 'sweat' is in cooking tonite from Alton Brown on t.v.

I LOVE pumpkin anything. Chatty, I bought the large box of Krusteaz pumpkin breads at one of the box stores and instead of adding oil, added pureed banana. ohmygosh, it tasted wonnerful.

pureed banana can be found at a costco business supply place. an i got a vita mix for Christmas so i will be pureeing anything i can get my hands on!
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Like real life stuff? Go here:
http://www.my-walk-with-God.com

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved