The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 164 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#94364 - 11/06/06 08:09 PM Pumpkin
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Help!!! It's rare to come across sugar pumpkins here but I found a stall which had them over the weekend. The grocer promised to have another batch this coming weekend. Can anyone please advise as to how long these will keep in the run to Thanksgiving? Or do they tend to rot in a few days. If they don't tend to, should I store them in the pantry or leave it to stand at a cooler place, like the porch perhaps?

#94365 - 11/09/06 11:54 PM Re: Pumpkin [Re: Lola]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
You can store whole pumpkins in a cool, dry place up to a month. As long as your porch is enclosed and not damp, you could keep the pumpkins there. But if it is very damp, it could cause mold to start grow on it.

#94366 - 11/10/06 01:27 AM Re: Pumpkin [Re: Cookie]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
I have a wonderful receipe for pumpkin bread one from Southern Living and friend from Church gave me , both wonderul . I make Pumpkin Bread and give it away for Christams to friends. Oh, I love the Holidays on line so many girls have wonderful recipes for cookies and food . We should have a cookie exchange on line . Just a thought

#94367 - 11/10/06 06:51 AM Re: Pumpkin [Re: Sadie]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Many thanks Cookie and Renee. In the interim, I managed to contact my old cook who will help prepare Thanksgiving dinner and also offered to source them for me in the event the grocer does not deliver with the promise. If I don't come across you personally in any of the threads in the run up to the day, I would like to wish both of you Happy Thanksgiving and God's blessings.

#94368 - 11/10/06 07:42 PM Re: Pumpkin [Re: Lola]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
Good luck making your pumpkin puree, Lola! I use to make fresh pumpkin pie from time to time, but found the canned stuff was just as good....or maybe it was just more convenient, ha. I love pumpkin!

Renee, pumpkin bread sounds good. I have a pumpkin choc. chip muffin recipe that someone gave me. Supposedly it won a blue ribbon at a state fair. Who knew...chocolate and pumpkin!

Pumpkin Chip Muffins

2 eggs
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup pumpkin
3/4 cups canola oil or cooking olive oil
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, or white choc.chips or combo of both. ( I used the mini choc. chips)
1 cup chopped walnuts, optional

In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, pumpkin & oil until smooth. Add the dry ingredients and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake at 375 degrees for approx. 20-25 minutes or until test done. Cool in pan about 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Makes approx. 8 Large muffins or 24 small ones….give or take a few. * This recipe can be doubled and the extra muffins can be frozen.

#94369 - 11/11/06 02:01 AM Re: Pumpkin [Re: Cookie]
Sadie Offline

I also use the can pumkin it is earlier to , just take the pumkin out of the can . I just love muffins so much and cranberry muffins if anyone has a receipe for them also. I use to make six different kids of cookies and work part time and still don't know how I did did it . I went crazy one year .

I have a receipe for the mini choc chip cake that is so good and it is so light and yummy that everyone just loves it. Also, have one made with mashed bananas in a loaf pan. Now that is good and moist and yummy .

#94370 - 11/11/06 07:36 AM Re: Pumpkin [Re: Sadie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Well don't just say you have a recipe Renee, post the darn recipe...especially the banana one. I am always looking for something good to use bananas in....HUGS

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#94371 - 11/11/06 04:11 PM Re: Pumpkin [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
One receipe I would LOVE to have is the soups you got everywhere you went in Ireland. They were ALL pureed. Every single soup. Talk about yummy! Maybe Popea can help me...

JJ

#94372 - 11/12/06 01:28 AM Re: Pumpkin [Re: jawjaw]
Sadie Offline

Well, Chatty,
That sounds like a good idea to post the recipe on line , now I have to go find it . It is so good

Yummy !

#94373 - 11/25/06 11:21 AM Re: Pumpkin [Re: Sadie]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
How did I miss this?? What soups JJ, if you tell me their names I could help. My favourite soup to make is carrot and ginger. That is a great one for a detox diet, hangover food etc.

Po
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved