The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 179 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#9425 - 08/17/04 10:46 PM World's Slowest Divorce
LillianOwl Offline

Loc: Miami
My situation is pretty weird, but it's working so far... I had an open marriage which unfortunately failed... hubby fell in love with my friend, who then needed rescuing from her abusive boyfriend... she moved in, hubby fell in love with her and out of love with me... they've both been working and allowing me to stay living with them while I care for their kids and do light housekeeping.

Meanwhile, I need to get a job that I can do in spite of my disabilities so that I can pay for stuff that I need, and eventually become solvent and independent... they just didn't have the heart to throw me out, which anybody else would have done in this situation... w're still friends, plus I am needed.... so it's a strange situation, not something I can talk about to just anyone all the time... the divorce will come, and it will still hurt. I'm lonely, and I don't know quite how to start over.

Anyway, that's my divorce update for the day... please pray for my poor little heart to mend.
Love,
Lil [Confused]

#9426 - 08/18/04 01:43 AM Re: World's Slowest Divorce
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I think this would be a vote against open marriages! It is strange but mostly painful for you and I really, really hope you can get out of that situation soon. How sad for you. [Frown]

#9427 - 08/18/04 02:45 AM Re: World's Slowest Divorce
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Wow, and I thought my situation was the weirdest one on divorce. I guess it really depends on how disabled you are and how much freedom you have, by that I mean are you mobile, do you drive, can you navigate well enough to work outside the home? Personally you would be far better off living with anyone else but this so called "friend ??" of yours and an unfaithful husband. And to be a convenience to them is really sick...No one should have to put up with that and a marrieage is a marriage, open or not. What you need is a good cut throat divorce lawyer, a suit against this whore for aileanation of affections and adultry against your husband. If you are disabled he'll have to support you forever. Call a lawyer before its too late and you have NO recourse... [Mad]

#9428 - 08/18/04 04:13 AM Re: World's Slowest Divorce
Agate Offline

Loc: Minnesota
Sorry to hear about your situation. You seem to be coping a lot better than I would. I hope you can find another place to live soon. I'll be praying for you.

#9429 - 08/18/04 05:42 AM Re: World's Slowest Divorce
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Mary! I'm so glad to see you here. I'm hoping things have settled down for you now. My prayers are still with you and your hubby girlfriend! Take care,

JJ

#9430 - 08/18/04 08:21 AM Re: World's Slowest Divorce
lalapaloosa Offline

Loc: Winters, California
I am sorry to hear that you have been placed in this situation. It hurts my heart to even imagine what you have been going through and what you are now going through. Humor helps me to cope with life's challenges so here is a little joke I received today, hope it brightens your day:

CURTAIN RODS

She spent the first day packing her belongings into boxes, crates and suitcases.

On the second day, she had the movers come and collect her things.

On the third day, she sat down for the last time at their beautiful dining room table by candlelight, put on some soft background music, and feasted on a pound of shrimp, a jar of caviar, and a bottle of Chardonnay.

When she had finished, she went into each and every room and deposited a few half-eaten shrimp shells, dipped in caviar, into the hollow of the curtain rods She then cleaned up the kitchen and left.

When the husband returned with his new girlfriend, all was bliss for the first few days. Then slowly, the house began to smell. They tried everything; cleaning and mopping and airing the place out. Vents were checked for dead rodents, and carpets were steam cleaned. Air fresheners were hung everywhere.

Exterminators were brought in to set off gas canisters, during which they had to move out for a few days, and in the end they even paid to replace the expensive wool carpeting.

Nothing worked. People stopped coming over to visit... Repairmen refused to work in the house...The maid quit...

Finally, they could not take the stench any longer and decided to move.

A month later, even though they had cut their price in half, they could not find a buyer for their stinky house. Word got out, and eventually, even the local realtors refused to return their calls.

Finally, they had to borrow a huge sum of money from the bank to purchase a new place.

The ex-wife called the man, and asked how things were going. He told her the saga of the rotting house. She listened politely, and said that she missed her old home terribly, and would be willing to reduce her divorce settlement in exchange for getting the house back...

Knowing his ex-wife had no idea how bad the smell was, he agreed on price that was about 1/10th of what the house had been worth...But only if she were to sign the papers that very day. She agreed, and within the hour, his lawyers delivered the paperwork.

A week later, the man and his new girlfriend stood smirking as they watched the moving company pack everything to take to their new home...

...including the curtain rods.

#9431 - 08/18/04 10:41 AM Re: World's Slowest Divorce
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Ah, the sweetness of revenge! [Razz]

#9432 - 08/18/04 06:35 PM Re: World's Slowest Divorce
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
wo, chatty, no name calling please. [Wink] I'm sure you just got carried away.

Lala, funny story. Sometimes we have to laugh at our situations, huh?

I have a sister who has lived through more tragedies than you can imagine. She's the funniest in our family. Always has everyone in stitches. Thank God for her sense of humor. She tells the best stories about things that have happened to her or a loved one. Some are tragic, but you wouldn't know it when she puts her spin on it. [Wink]

Lil, I'm glad you can tell us about your life. Please know we're here for you. I'm praying you get all this straightened out and have a renewed sense of self.

#9433 - 08/18/04 06:48 PM Re: World's Slowest Divorce
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Lala [Big Grin] I enjoyed the story.

LillianOwl: I pray you find a way out of this sad situation and healing too.

#9434 - 08/20/04 12:45 AM Re: World's Slowest Divorce
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Lala I heard that before and it is still the funniest thing I have heard about getting even...Sorry Dotsie but if you can think of a better name for her so called friend I'd like to hear it. I call a spade a spade..I feel for this dear lady and these kind of people who'd use your friendship and then abuse it. They aren't worth nice names...This Boomer has a serious problem and had better face it now and save herself or she'll be out of luck later on. Maybe I become too involved mentally with other women in peril and should back off....Okay, unless I have something sweet and simple to add, I'll just shut the hell up and keep the truth as I see it to myself. Sorry but her friend is what she is.... [Mad]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved