The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 138 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#9344 - 02/09/04 05:13 PM any thoughts?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Anyone have any thoughts for this forum? It's the only one that hadn't beeen posted in for a month.

I know there are people in here who are either divorced, have been divorced and remarried, or might wish they were divorced... [Eek!]

OOPS, forgive me if that was in bad taste!

[ February 09, 2004, 09:13 AM: Message edited by: Dotsie ]

#9345 - 02/09/04 06:21 PM Re: any thoughts?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Divorce is just a bad thought. Those of us who have been through it don't ever want to go back even in our minds and the rest of us are probably trying to avoid the possibility. Even if someone is contemplating divorce, it's not an easy decision.

I think of it like major surgery. It can be lifesaving if it is to remove a life endangering tumor (boy would my ex's love that analogy [Smile] , but it's horribly painful and you might not survive and if you do, a part of you is forever gone.

Marriages come from the hope that the union will remain and they continue in pursuit of the dream of the everlasting. Divorce represents the death of that dream and the end of that hope.

Divorce is unlike death because it has no definite end and there is no support through it. After death friends rally round, but in divorce friends take sides and abandon the survivors.

After a death we can release our loved one to heaven and move toward recovery. The losses of divorce are as real, but they have no finality and it feels as if we have released an ex not to heaven, but to hell.

Divorce is a loss that keeps on losing. It stalks subsequent relationships and the grief of it can reappear at any moment. The financial and social losses can go on forever.

I've survived divorce so anyone else could as well. It wasn't all horrible. There's a definite freedom to it, but it's incredibly painful and a general all around bad thing.

Sorry for the gloomy words. It's cloudy today and that always makes me glum.

smile

[ February 09, 2004, 03:46 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]

#9346 - 02/10/04 03:40 AM Re: any thoughts?
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I've told my husband 15-20 times over the last few years that I'd be happy to get divorced. I want a simple arbitration where you sit down amicably, divide the assets, and pay a few $100 filing fee.

My husband says no way in hell. If I want a divorce I'll have to haul through court, do the whole screaming fighting acrimonious lawyer thing. I have two girlfriends who did this and lost their homes and just about everything else. Lawyers got over half their assets.

I don't want to go through all that and lose my home. Way too much stress. So I live with someone whom I don't love, and get on with my life.

#9347 - 02/10/04 07:49 AM Re: any thoughts?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Whatsza matter with you people? Have you never heard of arsnic? I mean a little in da food...baba boo baba bam...course not that I would EVER resort to doing anything of this nature...I read about it...yeah, that was it, I read about it..on TV... [Razz]

what? what? [Roll Eyes]

#9348 - 02/11/04 05:22 AM Re: any thoughts?
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Is there a way of injecting it under the lid of microwave packages? Y'know, without opening the lid first, which might look suspicious? [Eek!]

#9349 - 02/11/04 06:55 AM Re: any thoughts?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Well first you take a---I mean...How the heck would I know? [Wink]

#9350 - 02/11/04 07:41 AM Re: any thoughts?
scootermammy Offline

I have been married and divorced twice. All I can say is that, for me, both times - when the divorce was final I celebrated. I am very thankful that we live in a day and age when divorce is an option.

#9351 - 02/11/04 07:49 AM Re: any thoughts?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I've been divorced three times and like you said, each time it was a relief. But coming to know it was necessary was still the loss of a dream. I always got married with at least a dream that it would be forever.

smile

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved