The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 159 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#93368 - 10/26/06 10:25 AM The latest regualtions?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Anyone know what the latest regulations are for traveling and carrying on? Just last month I had to throw away my hand sanitizer, lotion, and an old tube of makeup I had forgotten was even in my purse. We're going on another little trip soon and I'm wondering what I can carry on. I've heard it changed again.

#93369 - 10/26/06 03:05 PM Re: The latest regualtions?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
When we went OVER to Ireland, no one even looked sideways at us. Coming back was a different story. I don't know about TODAY, but two weeks ago, you couldn't carry on ANYTHING that was liquid. What you need to do is go to the airline you'll be flying on and read the latest on it. It will give you all the info you need. They keep it current.

#93370 - 10/26/06 03:25 PM Re: The latest regualtions? [Re: jawjaw]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
You have to put your liquids in a zip lock bag while they watch. Keep it at 2 oz or less.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#93372 - 10/26/06 09:54 PM Re: The latest regualtions? [Re: ]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I am off on a trip next weekend and I am simply going to check everything but my ticket and wallet. Hope I don't end up with shampoo all over the place.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#93373 - 10/27/06 12:26 AM Re: The latest regualtions? [Re: Anno]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Anno, always put any openable items into a zip lock plastic bag even if stored in your luggage. I have seen up close and personal, the way the baggage handlers in the airports handle our luggage, geesh! This is yet another way to be safe rather than sorry.

Edited by chatty lady (10/27/06 12:27 AM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#93374 - 10/27/06 11:15 AM Re: The latest regualtions? [Re: chatty lady]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
The best thing is NOT to carry anything that is liquid or things like scissors or nail clippers on board in your carry on. My last trip, I did that and it worked out better for me in the long run. Less to carry. If you can go without a carry on you are better off. I tried but couldn't do it. I did use a much smaller one though. Keep all meds with you, not in checked luggage and make sure you have prescription drugs in the bottles with your name on them.

Louisa

#93376 - 10/28/06 01:07 PM Re: The latest regualtions? [Re: ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
This is only a short trip for a short period of time. I love to carry on, but am afraid I'm goign to have to check. What an inconvenience.

I don't get the baggy thing. If I had some kind of toxic liquid, couldn't I take it out of the baggy once I was on the plane? None of it makes much sense.

Funny thing is that last trip, I had to throw away my liquids. When I got home, I relaized I ahd this wicked, sharp nail file in my wallet that never got noticed. Go figure!

Edited by Dotsie (10/28/06 01:08 PM)

#93377 - 10/28/06 01:17 PM Re: The latest regualtions?
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
As far as I know, they have relaxed some of the liquid rules for carrying on the plane. But, this may change daily and according to airlines and whether a domestic flight or international. It is best to check before you go. I think the baggy is so they can see through it easily. I went to Vegas just after that all started so I made sure I put anything questionable in the checked bags. I didn't have a problem. But, if it was a short trip that I didn't need that much, I don't know. I can't imagine me going anywhere that I didn't have a lot of "stuff" with me and I don't like carrying anymore than I have to. It kills my back.

Louisa

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved