The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 170 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#9311 - 08/12/03 02:36 AM great quote for rough times
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
In life it takes two mountains to make a valley, but it is in the valleys where most of the wisdom is distributed and received- why then do we try to avoid them?

by- Betty King

This is a woman writer who has just redesigned her web-site, www.betty.newsmoose.com. The above is the quote on her home-page.

I liked it so much I thought I would share it for those going through tough times.

Blessings for the valley times!

Hey, this gives new meaning to valley girls! LOL! [Razz]

#9312 - 08/12/03 02:55 PM Re: great quote for rough times
Kathryn Offline

Loc: Towson
Maybe we avoid the valleys because after climbing one damned mountain we don't have the energy to face the next one. Or maybe the view from the mountain top is just too intoxicating. And besides, once in the valley, we are forced to look up! I've learned alot about the ways God nudges us to look up lately. I've spent months, not in a valley, but in a pit. I look up and scream at God to tell me what he wants me to know without me having to work so hard to understand.
But eventually, in God's own time, I begin to see things more clearly....learn things about myself I might never have learned without the experience of tumbling off the mountain and into the pit.
So now, I will begin to climb the next mountain, inch by inch. I look forward to the view from the top.

#9313 - 08/12/03 05:13 PM Re: great quote for rough times
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Kathryn,
If you aren't a writer, you should be. I have never read anything that moved me more. You have a way with words. My guess is that you could help other women heal by your words. You did me.

I too was in the "pit" you spoke of and asked the same questions to the almighty. He said "where is your faith?" Nowadays the pits come and go but I try to remember...God will provide. You see...HE and I are in parternship now. Only this time around, HE does the driving. If you ever need someone to talk to, my door (email) is always open.

#9314 - 08/13/03 02:30 PM Re: great quote for rough times
Kathryn Offline

Jawjaw, thanks so much for the kind words and yes I've been writing all of my life but only a few times for publication. One of the things the past 6 months has taught me is that I want to finish a book more than anything I've ever wanted to do. I've begun one (again) based on the experiences of the past few months. And as for healing others....people keep saying to me, "You are so strong" "You have so much courage"....to which I snicker and say I am only as strong as God helps me to be. God does need to be in the driver's seat...I need to remember every day to relinquish control to him and stop trying to be the great omnipotent one myself. Mothers are like that aren't we? We can fix it all...leap buildings, bend steel, see through walls all the while driving kids hither and fro, cooking, cleaning, working, mending. I am learning to love myself more and allowing God's love to fill me up and spill over more humbly and gently to the world around me. I hope and pray that God will use me to help other families as so many wonderful people have helped mine. It's times like this I long for the boomerwomen retreat so that I can meet all of the wonderful people who have become such an important part of my days.
God Bless.

#9315 - 08/13/03 06:27 PM Re: great quote for rough times
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Kathryn,
You go! I have found that if I really want something, or want to do something...I just do it. One reason is when I procastinate, or give myself reasons it won't work, it ususally doesn't. But if I take proactive steps, it does. That simple. Well of course nothing is THAT simple, but what I mean is, I take steps that add to my goal/dream/want every single day, not steps that lead me away from them. I use a simple formula. I take 3 actions (every day) that get me closer to what I want. You would be amazed at how it can make things domino! Anyhoo..I'm rambling. Don't ever ask me what time it is, I'll tell you how to build a watch. Just ask Dotsie...she'll tell ya! ha!
I hope you follow your heart and finish the book. Please keep us informed. I'm rooting for ya.

#9316 - 08/14/03 03:18 PM Re: great quote for rough times
Kathryn Offline

Gosh I love this forum, where else could I find so many friends that I've never met. Your affection and warmth come across the page like a hug. Thanks

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved