The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 127 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
#93047 - 10/24/06 07:05 PM Welcome Allison Bottke!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Ladies, during the month of November, our Featured Author will be Allison Bottke. She is a member of the NABBW and the author of many books. Let me introduce you to her so you can visit her site and consider buying her novel, A Stitch In Time, which is the book she'll be discussing in November. She will also share information about her God Allows U-Turn series.

Just to give you alittle background on Allison...here you go...

When Allison Bottke's life changed, it wasn't merely another bend in the journey. It was a brake-locking, tire-screaming U-turn in the middle of a fast moving highway in order to head in a completely opposite direction.
Affectionately known as the “God Allows U-Turns Poster Girl,” Allison’s story is one of triumph over tragedy. Allison is the Founder of God Allows U-Turns ®, an international outreach that includes non-fiction and fiction books, tracts, logo merchandise, a speaking ministry, and a foundation. The cornerstone of God Allows U-Turns is a Christian inspirational book series many are calling “the next Chicken Soup.” The God Allows U-Turns book series is available around the world with 21 books in the U-Turns “brand” currently available for adults, kids and youth. Allison’s first novel (A Stitch in Time) in the lady-lit genre released in June 2006, her second novel (One Little Secret) will release in June 2007. Her novels are being called: “Contemporary women’s fiction with an attitude.”
A frequent guest on radio and TV programs around the country, the 700 Club featured her life story in what has become one of their highest rated programs ever, and she has appeared on the covers of such national magazines as Writer’s Digest, BOND, The Christian Communicator, O.H. Magazine, and Christian Women Online. Allison speaks at events, retreats and conferences around the country and teaches at writer’s events including the Jerry B. Jenkins Writing for the Soul conference held annually in Colorado Springs.
Allison makes her home in southern Minnesota where she lives on a 20-acre farm with her husband. You can read more about current and future projects in development by visiting her web site at http://www.godallowsuturns.com or by stopping by her BLOG at http://www.godallowsuturns.blogspot.com/

I am looking so forward to having Allison here at BWS. More to come...

#93048 - 10/24/06 07:13 PM Re: Welcome Allison Bottke!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
And here's a message from Allison:

Hello Boomer Girlfriends!

When Dotsie asked me to join all of you on this forum as the Featured Author for the month of November, I was excited for many reasons. The first being that it’s always a joy to meet new friends, isn’t it? This amazing world of cyber-relationships has enabled so many people to connect with kindred spirits—I know, because there are many folks I’ve never met in person that I consider dear friends. From the hundreds of contributing authors whose true short stories are published in my God Allows U-Turns anthology series, to the folks I meet via my blog, in online writing conferences, and at a host of other Internet venues, it’s mind-boggling the outreach we can have today. I’m looking forward to building new baby boomer women friendships!

I’m also excited because I get to share my two newest books with you. One is my first novel and the other is a women’s self-help non-fiction. A Stitch in Time is my 21st published book and my first novel. It just released this past summer from Bethany House and you can read more about this contemporary woman’s “hip-lit” book by visiting my web site: www.godallowsuturns.com

My newest non-fiction (also from Bethany House) is called: I Can’t Do it All – Breaking Free from the Lies That Control Us and it was co-written with best-selling author Tracie Peterson and Dianne O’Brian.

I’m looking forward to some great communication with you regarding your thoughts about both of these books. A Stitch in Time is one of the first contemporary women’s fiction books to tackle the subject of gastric bypass surgery and plastic surgery. It’s filled with fun, fashion and faith. I had a great time writing the character of Dee Decker. For those of you who may be wondering, yes…I had gastric bypass surgery…but Dee’s life is NOT my life, let me make that clear right from the start. I’ve lost 120 pounds and my before and after photos are on my web site at this page: http://www.godallowsuturns.com/?id=162

I Can’t Do It All is a non-fiction self-help book written from the perspectives of three very different women born in three very different eras. We identify some of the lies women have come to believe and replace those lies with spiritual and scriptural truth. This page on my web site talks more about this book: http://www.godallowsuturns.com/index.php?id=131

I’m also happy to answer any questions you might have about the wide world of publish-ing. Since I write primarily with a strong focus on a Christian worldview, I know a great deal about the CBA/ICRS market (Christian Booksellers Association and/or International Christian Retailers) as opposed to the BEA/ABA market (Book Expo American and/or American Booksellers Association.) I welcome any comments or questions relating to writing, publishing, literary agents, book proposals, marketing and promotions, and everything in between.

I’ll be speaking in Jefferson, Texas at the Books Alive! event on November 3-5 to benefit survivors of Hurricane Katrina. If any of my Boomer Sisters are nearby I’d love to meet you! Come out and say hello. You can read more about this event here: http://www.beautyandthebook.com/BooksAlive.cfm

Okay, ladies. I guess I’ve yapped long enough. I really hope you’ll stop by the Boomer Women Speak Forum in November and say hello. I have an October 30th deadline for my second novel and I leave for Texas on November 2nd, but when I return home on November 5th I will be looking at an entire month with NO DEADLINES, NO TRAVEL, NO SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS, and NO STRESS. Okay, maybe I’ll have a little stress trying to get my act together from a crazy year – but I am truly looking forward to spending November with my new Boomer Girlfriends. So please, check out my latest books, share this invitation with fellow readers and writers and see you in November!
God’s peace to all,
Allison Bottke, Author/Speaker

Edited by Dotsie (10/24/06 07:53 PM)

#93049 - 10/24/06 07:53 PM Re: Welcome Allison Bottke!
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Welcome Allison, and congratulations on your success!
Kathy

#93050 - 10/24/06 10:08 PM Re: Welcome Allison Bottke! [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
FitlySpoken Offline

Loc: US
Great to meet you here Allison!

You bring so much to the proverbial table ... thank you for sharing & most of all thank you for caring.

Without writers like you, this world would be a little colder & a little darker.

Like I say to all the authors I know ...
Write On!

Catherine
(now I got to go read your blog!
www.freewebs.com/awordfitlyspoken

#93051 - 10/24/06 10:36 PM Re: Welcome Allison Bottke! [Re: FitlySpoken]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Hey Ms A...we're so glad you're our guest next month. And I was only joshn' about teaching you EVERYTHING you know. Honest injun. Just most of it. What? What?

I love to tease this gal....

You all are in for a treat. She is just the best!

JJ

#93052 - 10/24/06 11:20 PM Re: Welcome Allison Bottke! [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Looking forward to having you here in November and always...now I'm on to your blog too.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#93053 - 10/25/06 08:02 AM Re: Welcome Allison Bottke! [Re: chatty lady]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
What an honor to meet an author of 21 published books! Looking forward to November, when you have time to chat among us.
Oh and that link to publishers and agents is great. Thanks

#93054 - 10/25/06 06:41 PM Re: Welcome Allison Bottke! [Re: Edelweiss]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Wow, Allison, you've managed to pile up quite a few accomplishments. How do you do it all? I'd love to know your secret. Please tell.

Welcome to the Boomer group. I look forward to hearing more about you and your successes.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#93055 - 10/31/06 03:05 AM Re: Welcome Allison Bottke! [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
I am really looking forward to meeting you Allison. I look forward to learning and fellowshipping with you!

Cheers and Blessings,
Cathi

#93056 - 10/31/06 01:16 PM Re: Welcome Allison Bottke! [Re: Wisdom&Life]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Can't wait to get started, Allison!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... 10 11 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved