The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 159 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#93006 - 11/17/06 02:13 AM Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" [Re: jawjaw]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
ps----that's a big 10-4 on yonuh, starting over and diamond being here again! Wuhooo!

Also, I talk to Pam Kimmell just about every day. She has good days and not so good days, but talk about a trooper. She has the best attitude of anybody I've ever seen. Go Pam! And we all know when you get your energy back and are feeling more like your old self, you'll be right in the middle of everyone, once again. We love ya, gal!

Same goes for you Eagle. Please give us a report whenever you can. You're such a caring person. It's so great that your brother has you to help him in ways that nobody else could. With love...and understanding. I pray for both of you.

#93007 - 11/17/06 11:06 AM Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" [Re: jawjaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Meredith, you're sweet to fill us in on borrowed time. I can't believe you cranked out all those craft fairs. You're amazing. I think I need to visit your site to see waht you have in store for Christmas.

JJ, thanks for the update on Pam. It breaks my heart to hear about her bad days. This has been a long run for her. I'm praying she' ahs a lovely Thanksgiving with family/friends pampering her.

#93008 - 12/05/06 06:32 AM Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA"
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I was computer-less for 3 whole weeks. Yes, I had firewalls, anti-spyware and the works, but sometimes sh-- happens. I now have a new hard drive, new external storage drive with all my old files, and everything re-installed EXCEPT my WordPerfect. WordPerfect came with the original computer, with a back-up CD to reinstall if anything happened. Well, the CD works as well as a circular piece of cardboard with spray paint. I sent an email to Dell tech support a week ago, and no reply. Tonight was going to be my night to call tech support for the 18th time, but I have a migraine and can't talk on the phone. Which means that I have all my files, but can't open any of my writing. WordPad and NotePad won't do it. I'm getting REALLLLLLY tired of all this computer hassle.

And two weeks ago, my foot started hurting really bad like it was sprained, but I have no idea why. Then it swelled up. I've been icing it, but with the hip still recovering, it's now 2 months that I'm barely able to walk. Hip is left side and this is right foot on top by the toes, so I don't even have a good side to limp on.

Mostly I feel I'm doing OK, but some days it's like I don't even come up for air.

Poet and essayist

#93009 - 12/05/06 11:39 AM Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" [Re: meredithbead]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Meredith, sorry to hear about your computer nightmare. I used to be a computer techie, but am too obsolete now to be of much help. Dell usually has excellent tech support, but then I haven't had to deal with them in over five years, so maybe they've changed too.

Years ago I had bursitis in both hips. It was brutal. Even bedrest didn't help. The slightest movement (like hubby turning in bed) would be excruciating. Then my dental hygienist told me about MSM and within 3 weeks of taking it, the bursitis was gone...but came back as soon as I stopped the MSM. So I took MSM for about 3 years before the bursitis disappeared for good. It's been about 2 years since I've had anything more than a twinge. But I'm still very careful not to aggravate it.

Anyway, I can commiserate with you to some degree. It's good to hear from you, and I hope the pain eases off for you. I'll keep you in prayer...

(Maya Angelou)

#93010 - 12/05/06 11:59 AM Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" [Re: Eagle Heart]
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Well ladies, a lot of us seem to be dealing with various infirmities and illnesses these days....part of the joy of aging I guess. At any rate, I wanted to say thanks to all of you who wonder where I am (!), who have sent me emails of encouragements, and as Jawjaw said, I will indeed return one of these days to "play" on the forum like I used to. Until my energy level returns though I'm just resting and doing what I need to do for the next 3-1/2 months of chemo.

While I'm here, in case it's a while before I get back - may I wish everyone a wonderful holiday. May Santa bring you EXACTLY what you want/need ! BIG HUGS TO ALL.

#93011 - 12/05/06 12:40 PM Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" [Re: Pam Kimmell]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Meredith and Pam, your posts made me smile. Thanks for gracing us with your presence when you had a sec.

Meredith, I can totally relate to the limp. I've been quite gimpy myself lately...and it's no fun. A couple years ago, I went through a stretch of computer issues. Instead of getting a new Dell, I trusted a local computer geek to rebuild my computer and I've only talked to him once since. Do you have any local geeks you trust? Also, how's hubby and how's the jewelry business. ANy favorite Christmas items this year?

Pam, great to hear from you. Good for you for taking care of yourself by laying low and chillin'. It's probably just what you need right now. We're covering you in prayer and can't wait to have you back with us when this is behind you. Praying you well and wishing you a joyful holiday season. How's your sister?

#93012 - 12/05/06 12:56 PM Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" [Re: Pam Kimmell]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Hi, Meredith: Nice to hear from you again! Hope all is mending well.

Hi, Pam: I have come across a few posts mentioning that you are currently undergoing chemo treatment. I have always meant to post something back to wish you at first instance but never came around to it and I would like to take that chance now. I wish you well and hope for any discomfort, which side effects of the treatment brings, to be relatively nil to mild. God bless.

#93013 - 12/05/06 05:04 PM Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" [Re: Lola]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
It's so good to see the Divine Ms M back in here...and Pam too. I love those gals.

Say, the moat needs cleaning and I was wondering if anybody knows where Evie might be hiding?

Evieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....Oh Evieeeeeeeeee! Mere...

#93014 - 12/06/06 01:16 PM Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" [Re: jawjaw]
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Thanks Dotsie and Lola.....I know that were it not for the prayers of all of you and my other friends and family I would NOT have handled this as well as I think I have so far! I had no frame of reference for chemo treatments - but other than the first couple of months, it's not been so bad. Anyway, THANKS and bless all of you for caring.

Dotsie my sister still has no use of her right hand...her shoulder replacement is great though. She has full range of motion for the first time in YEARS. They are still trying to determine if the nerve damage (causing her hand to be numb) will improve or if this is permanent. She's right-handed and this is her right hand - she's always loved quilting and sewing so it's particularly tough. On top of that she's getting a puppy the first of the year and she's concerned she may have a tough time taking care of him.......somehow I think she will manage THAT well though!

#93015 - 12/06/06 01:22 PM Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" [Re: Pam Kimmell]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Pam, I think of you so often, especially when I'm sitting with my brother watching him "drink" in the 4 hours worth of chemo. It's brutal. He only has 4 treatments left (though it's possible he'll be extended), and dreads every one of them. Your courage in facing 3-1/2 more months of chemo is inspiring. My heart, prayer and care are with you more than you can imagine. Know that you're beloved here.

(Maya Angelou)

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved