The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 183 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#92996 - 10/24/06 11:30 PM Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" [Re: Eagle Heart]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Ditto that thought Eagle....I don't know if I would ever be strong or brave enough to do what they do....Jackie, I truly believe, "once a Boomer, always a Boomer," but sometimes life gets in the way. All we can do is enjoy the sisters posting now and hope to see the others as their lives allow. I miss so many of them as well and wonder where they are and whats happening in the situations they so graciously shared with us. I pray for them all, and all of you here with us now.
WOW, Meredith you are Wonder Woman for sure!!!

Edited by chatty lady (10/24/06 11:32 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#92997 - 10/25/06 12:00 PM Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" [Re: chatty lady]
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Eagle you are right - sometimes I think the treatment is worse than the disease BUT I know in my heart it's what you have to do to get better....You certainly know what this is like by virtue of being your brother's support through his treatments. At the Infusion Center at the hospital I see whole families coming to be with their family member while they are getting chemo - it's heart-warming. There's so much LOVE you can feel it! You are wonderful to give of yourself to be there for your brother. It DOES give us more strength - believe me.

Thanks for your prayers Bluebird.....you are a sweetie!

#92998 - 10/25/06 01:45 PM Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" [Re: Pam Kimmell]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I watched Mom take the chemo and then held her head as she was so sick afterwards. It's heart wrenching. I think you are all very brave. For those of you in the fight, God bless, and for those of you fighting side by side with your love ones, God bless you as well.

JJ

#92999 - 10/25/06 08:17 PM Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" [Re: Eagle Heart]
starting over Offline

Loc: Illinois
Sorry all, I've been swamped at work. Just coming up for air....Miss you all too!

How we handle change determines our Destiny. P. Trapp
www.pattiswriting.com
www.marykay.com/ptrapp777

#93000 - 10/25/06 10:52 PM Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" [Re: starting over]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
I'm here in spirit, if not in person. ;-) My classes are taking up most of my time at the moment. I think about y'all often and pop in daily to see what's going on. I really miss you guys!
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#93001 - 10/26/06 07:53 AM Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" [Re: yonuh]
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Why does life get in the way, LOL!! Anyway I am back now : )

#93002 - 10/26/06 10:55 AM Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" [Re: diamond50]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Pam and Eagle, you are both on my prayer lists. I guess I need to add Meredith and her hubby.

I am so happy to hear about Meredith's jewelry business. Her work is beautiful. I've given lots of it as gifts, especailly at Christmas. I think she needs to get in the Femail Creations catalog.

yonuh, starting over and diamond - great to see you in the neighborhood again.

#93003 - 11/16/06 12:07 AM Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" [Re: jawjaw]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
The good news: Les is recuperating nicely. His meds have worked very well so he may not need the 2nd stent. My hip is s-l-o-w-l-y healing. I'm walking OK but get tired with any exertion.

My craft fairs have been going well. I worked 3 weeks in a row of 80 hours/week to catch up after the health issues. Everything that I've needed to get done, got done.

Last week was supposed to be my return to "normalcy," whatever normal is. And then my computer crashed. I've spoken to several tech people and tried all sorts of supposed solutions and the short answer is, "You can't get there from here." I'll probably take my computer into Best buy for their Geek Squad to retrieve my files before I try to reinstall Windows, which may or may not reinstall. I don't have the option of reinstalling with files intact because I have broken partitions.

Hubbo's computer is a dinosaur that takes 15 minutes just to open an email so I'm at a computer in the Library. The computers on the main floor can't log me into BWS because of permanent pop-up blockers, but I'm in someone's office right now on very short-term computer loan.

Hope to be back soon.

Poet and essayist

#93004 - 11/16/06 12:41 AM Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" [Re: meredithbead]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Meredith ,
Good to hear from you and that you are doing well . I have missed you and funny I was thinking of your the other day while I was on here and wonder what happen to you . Good news is all is well with you now.
As far as a computers did you have a firewall installed on your computer ? Spyware helps also and not much to download either .

Well , hope you computer is up working soon or you can purchase a new one soon. We miss you .

Take care ,

Renee

#93005 - 11/16/06 06:54 AM Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" [Re: Sadie]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Good grief Meredith, your bad luck has been on overload, hasn't it? Here's hoping you get everyting straigtened out soon!

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved