The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 160 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#92986 - 10/24/06 02:47 PM Boomers who seem to be "MIA"
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
I know I haven't been on muh lately myself, but it seems to me that we haven't heard from many regulars lately.
Where are: Danita, Daisy, Chickadee, Avalon, Newleaf, Smile, Dreamer, Pam, Sherri, LSmith - just to name a few?
Hope you're all well and that you're just too busy to pop in.
(((HUGS)))

In My Father's house are many mansions...John 14:2

http://www.myspace.com/westernbluebird

#92987 - 10/24/06 04:04 PM Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" [Re: Bluebird]
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Hi Jackie,

I haven't been posting as often as I used to, because I've had to travel and have been more focused on my work. We must not be checking out the same threads. I don't have time to read all of them, only the ones that catch my eye.

laurapoplin.com

#92988 - 10/24/06 04:08 PM Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" [Re: Daisygirl]
Bluebird Offline

Same here, Daisy. Glad you're ok!!

#92989 - 10/24/06 04:15 PM Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" [Re: Bluebird]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Wonder where the rest of um are....oh gurlsssss!

#92990 - 10/24/06 07:00 PM Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" [Re: jawjaw]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Jackie, I've noticed that too. Well, I'm sure glad you're still around. Don't ever go away.

#92991 - 10/24/06 07:55 PM Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" [Re: Edelweiss]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I talked with The Divine Ms M, Meredith, and here is what she told me:

Starting from September 1, the short answer is :

1. I was out of town the Labor Day weekend for a crafts fair in Morro Bay, followed by several days vacation. Got back and had 2 whole days to prepare for a big craft fair that next weekend. Both shows went well, which means back stock was lowish.

2. the usual September stuff -- Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, hubbo's birthday and our wedding anniversary (30 years! and still no corpses!!)

3. I was invited to give a 1-hour poetry talk -- which took days to prepare, plus 2 days out of town again -- at the annual convention of California Special Districts, of which Placentia Library is part. All expenses paid to Lake Tahoe, ~600 miles north of here:
http://www.squawcreek.com/fireplacesuite.php
I think this was my room, except my dining room table seated 8. Not too shabby, huh?

4. My biggest wholesale jewelry order ever, 125 pieces.

5. 3 weeks ago, I pulled my hip out while dancing. Wasn't even jumping up and down, moving fast or ANYTHING! !@##$%&(&*&%%$@#!@#&%
Still a lot of ambient pain, which affects my strength and energy levels a lot.

6. 4 days after I pulled out my hip, Les (hubbo) had a heart attack. I got him into emergency, where he had a coronary angioplasty with a stent put in. I spent 4 days hanging out in his hospital room. By the time I was done with him, I lost 2 more days of my own in the medical system dealing with my hip. Nothing broken, but my arthritis has basically gone to hell. Les is doing fine, but needs a 2nd same surgery scheduled November 9 -- provided his artery holds until then.

7. My sister is having a boutique this Friday. I sent her 90 pieces of jewelry. Tagged, described and inventoried. I really hope it sells after all that work.

8. a gallery where I regularly sell my jewelry in the gift shop, asked for 3 dozen more pieces for their latest opening and fall holiday sales.

9. November 3-4 is my biggest fall craft show -- and I have NO BACK STOCK, and really not enough of anything else either.

10. and then the usual migraines, where days at a time just... disappear.

So in conclusion -- I've been mega muy tres busy, and will be for at least 3 more weeks.

I knew you all would want to let her know you are praying for her speedy recovery with her hip, and Les to recover fully from his heart attack. He has more surgery Nov. 9th. If you want to write to her, please use the PM feature here, or just post here. She does send her regards and will be back as soon as she has some time.

#92992 - 10/24/06 08:35 PM Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" [Re: jawjaw]
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Wow - our Meredith certainly has been inundated with "life"....Hopefully she and her hubby will be back to 100% soon. As for me and my absences from Boomer, it's not that I don't love you all - I just have problems focusing sometimes when I'm sitting at the computer. Chemo has done a lot of weird things to me! Can't WAIT for next February so I can get off this stuff and get back to being "ME".

#92993 - 10/24/06 09:09 PM Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" [Re: Pam Kimmell]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
I was just going to add Meredith's name to those Jackie mentioned but JJ said it all. Boy! Was Meredith busy or what!

Hi, Meredith: Hope and pray all goes well with Les on 9th Nov and your hip.

I have been missing Yonuh as well. Hi, Yonuh!

#92994 - 10/24/06 09:32 PM Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" [Re: Lola]
Bluebird Offline

Pam, I'm so sorry, I forgot about the chemo! I'll remember to pray for you now. ((HUGS))
Wow, Meredith has been busy and I didn't know about any of her and her husband's health issues. Will add them to the list, to.
Hannelore, you're so sweet!! ((HUGS))

#92995 - 10/24/06 10:05 PM Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" [Re: Bluebird]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Pam, you're constantly in my heart these days - everytime I companion my brother through one of his 5-hour chemo treatments, I think of you and pray for you and wonder how you're doing. Chemo really does a number on him too. It completely zaps him of all energy. He can't sit at the computer for more than a few minutes at a time. In fact, he can't do anything for more than a few minutes at a time. He can (very slowly) walk over to the store to get groceries - but can't stand in line at the cash registers. And can't walk all the way through the store to get to the milk (which is always in the furthest corner from the doors!) And he can't stand at the stove cooking for more than a few minutes at at time, so when I'm not there we leave him several plates of leftovers which he can just stick in the microwave.

Going through this cancer thing with him has given me a whole new admiration and compassion for all who struggle through cancer. The cure is more brutal than the disease and as far as I'm concerned, anyone who dares to make that trek through it is a genuine hero in my eyes!

(Maya Angelou)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved