The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 180 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#9286 - 04/05/03 05:38 PM divorced and dating
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Thought this might be a good place for women to post who are separated or divorced and considering the dating scene. Anyone out there that wants to share what the dating scene is like later in life? [Eek!]

#9287 - 05/07/03 05:08 PM Re: divorced and dating
Kathryn Offline

Loc: Towson
As my husband is gone again i've been wondering what will happen if he makes it permanent which seems likely at this point. I'm not sure I ever want to go through the heartache of learning to care for someone, trusting them and then complete betrayal. I don't know if I would survive it again. So I'm not sure I'd want to date....maybe I need a wife!!!!! Ha Ha Ha!!!!

#9288 - 05/22/03 02:33 AM Re: divorced and dating
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
You shouldn't give up on love, caring, trust -- all the things that make us "human". Sometimes things don't work out -- but don't give up -- you would miss out on some of the most wonderful things we can experience.

If your best friend or say, your son or daughter, went through a divorce -- would you suggest to them that they never try again ?

besides -- I've heard a lot of horror stories about wives too [Smile]

#9289 - 05/24/03 01:28 AM Re: divorced and dating
countrygirl51 Offline

Loc: Clifton, Ks. USA
Kathryn, how are you doing since your separation? How are your kids coping with the situation? I haven't seen any postings on the subject since you announced that he had left you. Will there be a divorce? I hope, for you and your children's sake, that if there is a divorce, that it can be amicable, with as little pain for all parties as possible. You are in my prayers.

#9290 - 07/03/03 05:05 PM Re: divorced and dating
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Hello All,
Maybe my post doesn't belong here, but I just wanted to share with you that I have been divorced 11 years. My X married our next door neighbor as soon as the "waiting" period for remarrying was up. Did I miss something there? Anyway, as far as dating is concerned, I have been lucky enough to date some wonderful men; however, I choose to remain single. Course I am older than dirt too...Friendships are not out of the question though. I HAVE noticed that family and friends think that because you are single, you can't possibly attract the opposite sex so they make it their life's mission to find you a mate. And if they say "oh but he has the best (emphasis on best) personality!" you can be sure that he is someone only a Mother could love.

#9291 - 01/01/04 09:15 PM Re: divorced and dating
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Jawjaw, you got me...guilty! I must say I like to play matchmaker, though I haven't done it in years.

My last attempt was several years ago. I tried to fix up a life-long friend of mine with a life-long friend of my husband's.

Invited them both to a Christmas party and I really thought I had something going, but nothing happened AT ALL. [Frown]

I was bummed because I still think they would be good together.

Oh, and neither are people that only a mother could love. They're bot very loving people, sweet, caring, love kids, and are attractive. Neither have married ever. Oh well, I tried.

Wasn't meant to be I guess.

Wish I knew a king! [Wink]

#9292 - 01/02/04 12:57 AM Re: divorced and dating
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Having recently been in midst of the dating scene myself, I'm pretty sure our queen will find her king. Her way in her time.

I just watched a TV report that said for the first time in a long time, single men of the delicious boomer age actually out number single women.

Just more boomer luck I suppose and I think it's true. I had more attractive men to chose from at midlife than in my twenties. There's bound to be a whole field of great kings ripe for the picking by our queen.

You go queen!!!

smile

[ January 01, 2004, 06:38 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]

#9293 - 01/05/04 12:33 AM Re: divorced and dating
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Oops queen...did I start something? [Razz]

#9294 - 01/05/04 05:44 AM Re: divorced and dating
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Man, oh man... the pressure on me to date has already started, and we have not even filed a single divorce paper! The last thing I need is a good old fizzled out rebound relationship. THAT's bound to make me feel like a total loser.

GAWD I hate the pressure! I am FAR from ready, so I have told everyone to PLEASE BACK OFF. Still, every time I even talk to an eligible single, everyone nudges everyone else and gets stupid grins on their faces. It's worse than when I was a teenager and not into dating at all. The least little stroke of makeup I put on my face would send my relatives into paroxysms of ecstasy! The few times I would dare to put on a dress, they all got sooooo incredibly obnoxious, I would just take off the darned dress, and put on jeans and a blouse. As if the boys weren't bad enough, my relatives made me feel like a total piece of meat.

To this day, I dislike primping and dressing up. Once in a while, it's OK, but I really resent the notion that I have to look devastatingly gorgeous 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. God forbid some guy might not find me incredibly edible.

Oh, well. I'm sorry, maybe I shouldn't be posting here. I know that dating again can be very discouraging, and if I have discouraged anyone above and beyond, I apologize. Please, if you're really ready, go forth and have fun. If you're not ready, don't let anyone push you around.

Hugs,
Lil [Roll Eyes]

#9295 - 01/08/04 05:13 PM Re: divorced and dating
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Well, here I am making a liar out of myself. I'm nervous as hell, but today I have a lunch date! It's someone I'm not interested in romanitcally, but I had asked around, trying to see if anyone had any legitimate ideas for working at home... and I happenned to ask this guy, just on the odd chance that he might know... it turns out that he's an administrator at a nearby hospital, and he might have some kind of collections work for me...not that I really want to do collections work, but he might have some ideas, and he really, really wants to take me out to lunch... Geeze, I haven't been asked out in a very long time... I never actually dated much to begin with. This is probably a huge mistake. We shall see.....wish me luck!

Hugs,
Lil [Eek!]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved