The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 121 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#92789 - 10/23/06 07:50 PM Re: long winter nights [Re: Lola]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Yee Gads, Lola!! Thank God for being single and FREE to live life on our own terms.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#92790 - 10/24/06 12:33 PM Re: long winter nights [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
mustang, when the kids were little, we definitely played more cards and board games in the winter. Ross isn't a big game player so I don't think I'll be playing board games too much in my empty nest.

chatty, you bring up a great point. Ross and I definitely consider one another when it comes to doing things any time of the night or day. We like to make sure the other is comfortable doing something should we choose to do anything without one antoher. Make sense?

#92791 - 10/24/06 09:08 PM Re: long winter nights
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Absolutely Dotsie, makes perfect sense and just one of the reasons the two of you have such a wonderful relationship.

#92792 - 10/25/06 07:58 AM Re: long winter nights [Re: chatty lady]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
I agree Chatty. It takes that very special mixture of respect, consideration and love to have that kind of perfect marriage. That love you have Dotsie, emanates right through your posts.

#92793 - 11/06/06 03:34 PM Re: long winter nights
Jeannine Offline

Loc: Georgia, U.S.
Dotsie, it's a sign of a great marriage, when a couple has given each other the right to have differing interests. I once knew a man who told his wife, 'I want you to be interested in only that in which I'm interested', now you know that marriage was doomed!

An empty nest just gives a couple the luxury of more time to indulge in their shared, and individual interests, and pastimes, and the time to develop new ones. It really can be a fantastic time of life.

[i]'It's never too late in Fiction-- or in Life to Revise.'
---Nancy Thayer

#92794 - 11/06/06 06:49 PM Re: long winter nights [Re: Jeannine]
starting over Offline

Loc: Illinois
Interesting that Chatty made the connection between how we act married vs single. It's true though. My husband was always locked in his office in the evenings and I got into the habit of waiting in front of the TV with a book for him to come out so I could spend a bit of time with him.

I used to get so frustrated that I was spending my life waiting to live it with him. Now that I am single, I am gone most evenings, working or to church. If I am at home I try to work some, cook something to eat, do laundry, clean a bit, read, but I still spend too much time in front of TV. I guess so many years has developed a nasty habit.

I need projects, but have little ambition these days. So much of my creative energy is going into working 2 jobs. The house I'm renting is small and there's little area to spread out a project and leave it sit between work sessions. I have a tiffany lamp that has scenes on it that got broken in a move. I want to take it apart and frame each scene seperately to give as gifts. But, I need a large area to take it apart without the dog walking in bits of broken glass etc. I thought I would do it in the shed, but the weather has turned too quickly to work on it this fall.

How we handle change determines our Destiny. P. Trapp
www.pattiswriting.com
www.marykay.com/ptrapp777

#92795 - 11/07/06 10:20 PM Re: long winter nights [Re: starting over]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
starting over, oh my. I have a hard time with women living in the shadows of their men. It drives me crazy. I want to tell them to get a life. Sorry. I don't mean to sound harsh, but why should we sit around and wait for them?

Your project sounds like such a good one. Do you have a board you could use to do the project? Then maybe you could slide it under a bed when not working on it?

Hannelore, thanks for the kind comment. I'm touched.

Jeanine, I'm with you on your comment. I'm enjoying the empty nest more now that I can get around a little bit. My knee is healing.

#92796 - 11/07/06 11:34 PM Re: long winter nights
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Starting over, I made the comment because I have lived it. I have been single, married, widowed, married, divorced and widowed, married again and now divorced. There is a huge difference between single and married and our actions during those times. I thought the differences were worth mentioning and am not quite sure why you think it is 'interesting' that I am the one mentioining it.

#92797 - 11/08/06 03:42 PM Re: long winter nights [Re: chatty lady]
starting over Offline

Loc: Illinois
I just meant that it wasn't a connection I had made in my mind, but I realized after reading it that I have lived 2 different ways--married vs single. I'm sorry, I hope I didn't hurt your feelings in some way...I was only acknowledging who the original writer was and the revelation of your statement.

How we handle change determines our Destiny. P. Trapp
www.pattiswriting.com
www.marykay.com/ptrapp777

#92798 - 11/08/06 07:23 PM Re: long winter nights [Re: starting over]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

No problem, was just wondering. It is an amazing concept to me that some don't see that we live totally different, single versus married.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved