The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 146 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#92743 - 10/21/06 01:31 AM I can't believe I did this....
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Have you ever reacted and then realize that you should have checked your wardrobe first?

Today I heard dogs barking and looked out the upstairs window...below were 4 dogs I didn't know but I certainly didn't want them in my yard...the area is a common place for dogs to be dumped or dogs that are running in packs to come through...I felt my dog, Molly, who is gentle as a kitten, might be in harms way...so I go tearing down the stairs and out the back door screaming at the top of my lungs trying to run them off...of course Molly runs after them to show me what a good protector she is...and she and one of the dogs tie it up on the edge of the woods. I run across the back yard, my arms waving in the yard still trying to run off the dogs and calling for Molly...she comes bounding out of the woods with the other dogs high tailing it to who knows where...she came running up to me all tail wagging and tongue flopping...I bent down to tell her what a good dog she was when I realized I was standing in my huge backyard in just a t-shirt and my white granny panties...I was mortified...the woods side of the property wasn't my worry..it's the opposite side where most of my neighbors' homes back yards butt up against our property with somewhat clear views of us from their back windows...
I can only imagine what they must have thought to see and hear this 55 year old woman raising cain, running down the back yard, arms flailing, screaming at the dogs and my boomer butt bouncing all the way. I'm sure they wondered who the scariest was...the 4 dogs or me.

#92744 - 10/21/06 03:40 AM Re: I can't believe I did this.... [Re: Dee]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Dee,

What a great description...I can almost see you...yikes...I think I did...and they call you the streak? LOL

Actually sounds like something I would have done!

#92745 - 10/21/06 03:48 AM Re: I can't believe I did this.... [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Dee Offline

Yeah...it was funny. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only person who reacts first and then things about clothing second.

#92746 - 10/21/06 05:26 AM Re: I can't believe I did this.... [Re: Dee]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Too funny and I imagine a site to behold. If you are bothered by strays/packs and they can be dangerous especially to house pets. Go out and buy a cap pistol or a starter pistol and it will scare the beegeebies out of them and no danger of hurting you, your pet or them. Another good scare tactic is a cow bell, they hate that sound and will run like all get out....

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#92747 - 10/21/06 02:19 PM Re: I can't believe I did this.... [Re: chatty lady]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I am still laughing - with you, not at you!

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#92748 - 10/21/06 02:49 PM Re: I can't believe I did this.... [Re: Anno]
Dee Offline

Thanks Chatty...I'll try that...I like the idea of a cow bell.
Can you see me now? The same scenero as above...add a cow bell to that...YOu'll be reading about me in the papers...LOL.

#92749 - 10/21/06 03:10 PM Re: I can't believe I did this.... [Re: Dee]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Now Dee, don't WEAR the cow bell hun...just clang it when the dog pack comes around...k? HAHAHAH...

I had to laugh at your story because you sound like my twin. Were we separated at birth? Trixie locked me out of the house once, and I was in my Daddy's flannel PJ's, and it was pouring down rain. My neighbors think I'm nuts. Go figure.

JJ

#92750 - 10/21/06 03:29 PM Re: I can't believe I did this.... [Re: jawjaw]
Dee Offline

You crack me up, JJ. Twins? We're both from Alabama...hmmm.

Being caught in the rain...OMG. That's got to be miserable.

#92751 - 10/21/06 05:07 PM Re: I can't believe I did this.... [Re: Dee]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Dee.. I can just picture you running with your arms outstretched, hollering at the top of your lungs. What a sight you must have been. If I were your neighbor, I'd be looking out the window laughing my butt off. Then, I'd carefully lock the door and close the blinds. Don't want any crazy ladies coming around. What a hoot! I go out in my jammies/nighty every day in the morning to take Jack out to do his business. My backyard is surrounded by a high wooden fence, but I bet people can still see me if they tried.

When Jack was a puppy, he had a habit of racing out the front door whenever it was opened. Thank goodness, I was dressed each time he did it, but I would have raced right out after him even if I didn't have clothes on. Neighbors be damned. My dog comes before modesty. Thank goodness he doesn't try to get out the front door anymore. We were able to train him to stop doing that.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#92753 - 10/22/06 12:04 AM Re: I can't believe I did this.... [Re: ]
Dee Offline

Vicki,
Jack...that's a nice name for a pet...reminds me of a collie we had when I was about 7...his name was Jack. Cool dog.

Anne327...you made me laugh hard...America's Funniest...yeah, that would have been funny. I can't imagine running after raccoon's in just my t-shirt...that's brave girl! LOL

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved