The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 196 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#92203 - 10/19/06 09:12 AM Re: My Real Estate Agent/Cousin [Re: Wisdom&Life]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Will be keeping those fingers crossed for you Cathi ! Isn't it usually that way, when you throw up all arms in desperation, something breaks through.
You are right about the sales thing...it's all the same principal. so you know what you're doing. I'm glad you could have that talk with your cousin.
Hannelore

#92204 - 10/19/06 01:34 PM Re: My Real Estate Agent/Cousin [Re: Edelweiss]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Okay, here's a superstition If I've ever heard one! Have any of your realtors heard of burying a statue of Joseph upside down on the property to sell it quickly? I'm not kidding. People in Maryland do it. They buy a cheap little statue and stick it in the ground. They swear it helps sell houses. Isn't that funny?

Here's a link to an article so you all don't think I'm crazy:

http://www.lohud.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060916/NEWS02/609160359/-1/WEBHEAD01

and here's another:

http://www.catholicsupply.com/christmas/stjoe.html

Edited by Dotsie (10/19/06 01:39 PM)

#92205 - 10/19/06 01:59 PM Re: My Real Estate Agent/Cousin
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Hmmmm! Never heard of that one, LOL. But hey, who knows!

Cheers,
Cathi

#92206 - 10/19/06 10:52 PM Re: My Real Estate Agent/Cousin [Re: Wisdom&Life]
Pam R. Offline

Absolutely Dotsie, go to: stjosephstatue.com for another retailer. It is becoming common knowledge here in NY and elsewhere. However, it is NOT sanctioned by the Catholic Church. Seems a bit sacreligious to me to bury poor St. Joseph...especially upside down, but when we are desperate I don't think he would be too mad at us!

#92207 - 10/19/06 11:54 PM Re: My Real Estate Agent/Cousin [Re: Pam R.]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
That reminds me of cutting a potatoe in half and rubbing it on a wart on my son's hand and burying the potatoe during a full moon. Of course, it didn't work.

When our house was on the market in TN, I had a site I could go to and read the feedback from the realtors who showed it. I thought it was great but my hub said it would be until someone said something negative and I'd go bullistic. I would ask what the realtors had to say that have shown it to get an idea.

The market has slowed but the interest rates haven't really gone up and people are still buying. You just haven't found the right one...unless this couple that is returning is the right one.

I feel for you. It was just awful when we put our house on the market. I busted my buns keeping it clean and then, my realtor tells me that she wants to have an open house and I should have home baked cookies and bottled water for the people who came. To my mind, she was making the commission so I told her to bake the cookies herself! Give me a break! I was exhausted. I decided no open houses until I had moved. We left our furniture in the house because they always look better furnished, and after I moved to MN, told her she could have an open house as often as she wanted. Really, it's usually just a way for realtor to find a new client or the neighbors to nose through your house.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#92208 - 10/20/06 01:40 PM Re: My Real Estate Agent/Cousin [Re: Dianne]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Cathi,

Do you already have a place that you want to move to? What I have found in selling houses is that when I've already found something else that I'm excited about the current house sells quickly but when I did't know where I want to go...I just knew I that I wanted out of where I was, nothing happened.

The fastest I ever sold one was in 3 days when I decided to move back to my home town following a divorce. Oh, and I got more than the asking price and there were other houses in my neighbor hood that had been on the market for months.

Good luck!

#92209 - 10/20/06 02:25 PM Re: My Real Estate Agent/Cousin [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Believe it or not Jane, the condo community we are interested in do not do contingency plans. You have to have a contract first. The good part is, there is always something available there. We are constantly checking that out. So I don't know if that would be the same thing. We didn't want to be stuck with two mortgages.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The fastest I ever sold one was in 3 days when I decided to move back to my home town following a divorce. Oh, and I got more than the asking price and there were other houses in my neighbor hood that had been on the market for months.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Was that during the Real Estate Boom? During that time, houses in our area were selling within a weeks time. For the asking price! I just think we are a day late and a dollar short.

As for the people that wanted to come and see it again, they had to work late last night and reschuled for tonight. Oh and I was so looking forward to the apple pie, LOL.

I'll definitely let you all know what happens!

Cheers,
Cathi

#92210 - 10/20/06 03:32 PM Re: My Real Estate Agent/Cousin [Re: Wisdom&Life]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Cathi,

It was back in 1989...Good luck tonight!

#92211 - 10/20/06 08:01 PM Re: My Real Estate Agent/Cousin [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Cathi, apple pie? What about cheesecake? Cathi and I met at The Cheesecake Factory for lunch. After eating all of our lunch, we proceeded to eat all of our own cheesecake too. What fun!

I pray things go well tonight.

#92212 - 10/20/06 08:33 PM Re: My Real Estate Agent/Cousin
judym Offline

Loc: AL
Oh YES, I have heard of that- when we lived in Ct it was THE thing to do if you were trying to sell a home! And you know what, EVERYONE that did it were pleased with the response and offers. Maybe it is because St. Joseph was a carpenter....who can figure? Anyhoo, next time we try to sell our home, (and I wish I'd known about this in the past!!) I am going to get one and bury it asap. I wonder if it aspects "full moon" like planting potatoes? LOL for that thought!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved