The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 171 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#91954 - 10/15/06 03:09 AM Where does one begin?
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Question friends. Where does one go to have a book looked at for possible publication? About a million years ago I wrote a story weaved around truth and imagination concerning a time in my childhood and now that I am inspired to write again I've decided to re-edit the story and see if I can refresh it. Once I'm done (which will probably be another million years), what do I do then? I'm finally going to find time to do this and see if I can make my dream of being published come true.
Any arrows pointing the way will be greatly appreciated.

#91955 - 10/15/06 04:02 AM Re: Where does one begin? [Re: Dee]
49erDonna Offline

Loc: California
Dee,

That's wonderful that you are going to try to get your writing published. I wish you much luck. It seems like the women on this site know alot about getting published and since they are very encouraging, I'm sure they will provide you with some good suggestions!

Donna

#91956 - 10/20/06 08:04 PM Re: Where does one begin? [Re: 49erDonna]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Thanks Donna. Yeah, it's going to be an adventure, that's for sure. I think I've always felt intimidated by the process...our family is also know for it's procrastination and it seems I get to the end of a task and drop it when I don't know what to do next...I think that's just fear of failure, I think, if truth be told. But, since I've turned over a new leaf I've decided failure be d__med. I'll never know until I try.

#91957 - 11/09/06 06:44 PM Re: Where does one begin? [Re: Dee]
Raven West Offline

Loc: California
Dee,

If you go to my website at http://ravenwest.net and click on the articles button, it will take you to my column on "The Road To Riches" there's an article there which will give you all the details as to how to the various ways to have your book published. Step one: WRITE IT FIRST!

Raven West

#182780 - 05/22/09 09:04 PM Re: Where does one begin? [Re: Raven West]
Rachel2 Offline

Dee, theres also a section on here you can go to , ( i forget the name -it's that age thing creapin up) and you can (if I remember right )ask for others to look at and edit your work, Chatty read one of mine a few years back called looking glass.

#182781 - 05/22/09 09:06 PM Re: Where does one begin? [Re: Rachel2]
Rachel2 Offline

Raven west , wasnt trying to take away from your site, I just may stroll over and and see what you got to offer.

#182851 - 05/24/09 01:42 AM Re: Where does one begin? [Re: Rachel2]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Dee darlin, Raven has a very interesting website so be sure to go there and read it. She is right and took the words right out of my mouth Dee when she said to WRITE IT FIRST. Then have an experienced editor edit it, me or someone else it doesn't matter, as long as it is edited because if a publisher see's any mistsakes on the first few pages it gets tossed onto the slush pile. Even a self publisher doesn't want their name on an unprofessional looking book, and no printer will correct any error, they print the book as they get it. Continuity of story is one of the most important areas. The book might make perfect sense to you because you know what you meant when writing it but to a stranger it could read like so much gobbly-gook! Many editors do not check continuity, only spelling, punctuation, grammer and sentence structure etc.

Go to: http://writersvoice.freeforumboard/net/forum.htm

The authors there can and will offer experienced publishing info to you happily. So go and join for free and you can also get FREE critiques on anything you write by many published/skilled authors. Just say Chatty sent you.

I have a standing offer for BWS/NABBW members to read 10 pages absolutely free so you can see what the editing process looks like.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved