The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 176 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 11 of 11 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11
Topic Options
#91822 - 04/19/07 11:08 PM Re: son almost out of jail - update [Re: Casey]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
thanks for the up-date so far kate and as always i hope that this time the time your boy dose it and dose it for good..
tough as it is seeing him in that situasion it takes guts and strenth of conviction to stick to your planes and allow him the consiquinces of his actions and thats what helps people bottom out and reeck a hell they wont want to go back to. Great going love i reallie hopfull for you all.

also congratulasions on making the narannon team i sure they gonna be a great resorcs and support for you...and someday down the line your gonna be their for another new commer just comming in, peer supports so very valuable.

good luck with it all i will be thinking of ya x

#91823 - 04/20/07 02:17 PM Re: son almost out of jail - update [Re: celtic_flame]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
You did all the right things. I know what it's like, the worry and everything and as mothers we always have this guilt that maybe we did something wrong. In truth, they made their own choices.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#91824 - 04/20/07 02:34 PM Re: son almost out of jail - update [Re: Dianne]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
It is always hard to say 'no' to a child. My younger son got into some trouble and 'disappeared' for about 6 months. Nobody heard from him during that time, and that was really worrisome. Although he was an adult at the time, it doesn't make it any easier. He straightened out his life and is now a happily married man with kids of his own. I know it's hard for you, but you have to take care of yourself and your other kids. Going to Naranon sounds like a good thing for you. Being with others who are going through the same things really helps. I am keeping you and your family in my prayers.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#91825 - 05/12/07 03:44 AM Re: son almost out of jail - update [Re: yonuh]
katebcca Offline

Loc: Victoria BC Canada
Just a quick update. My son has been in treatment for a month now. Yeh!
He has only lasted a week on four other occasions.
He is about six hours from me but keeps in contact by phone.
So far so good!
Kate

#91826 - 05/12/07 06:38 AM Post deleted by Dotsie [Re: katebcca]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland

#91827 - 06/05/07 04:42 PM Re: son almost out of jail - update
katebcca Offline

Happy to report it has now been a month and a half. My son is doing incredible. He had a set back as there is major flooding in the area and everyone was to evacuate the treatment centre. 150 addicts have to find alternative housing for a month, then they can come back. They were given little notice.

Some took the opportunity to go home, I'm sure back to their old lifestyle. Others including my son found alternative housing arrangements. In the past, he would have come home too, using the evacuation as an excuse. But, on his own he called all the other treatment centres in the province and is moving in to a new place today.

He called me this morning to let me know. This time I stayed out of it, did not try to fix, let him handle it, and he did.

My friend just emailed me today to brag about her daughter who got a scholarship to University, she is a wonderful kid.
I know my friend tries to be careful as she knows my situation. I'm glad she emailed to brag. We live 2 hours away from each other so stay in touch by email with the odd visit thrown in.

I am just as happy as she is. My son didn't finish high school but he is in recovery, and that is something to brag about too!
Kate

#91828 - 06/05/07 08:00 PM Re: son almost out of jail - update [Re: katebcca]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
it definatlie something to brag about kate, i just so happie he doing so well and by the sounds of it making a real go of it.

maybee not imidiatlie but if he sticks at this recoverie bussiness he might be having a schollershiop someday, who knows in what direction his life will take him from this point onwards...its all before him

#91829 - 06/06/07 03:53 PM Re: son almost out of jail - update [Re: celtic_flame]
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
Yes, Kate. It is definitely something to brag about! My younger son didn't finish high school either, yet as I look at his insight and maturity versus his older brother, who did finish, I'm not sure what a high school diploma did! :-)) These will be our wounded healers who, I believe, are capable of making a supreme difference in the world because they know, at a very deep level, what it means to be all alone and what it means when there is a hand to help them.

#91830 - 06/06/07 05:13 PM Re: son almost out of jail - update [Re: Casey]
katebcca Offline

Casey/Celtic, good comments and I agree totally, well put.
I believe that my son will make a difference someday, and yes he now has alot of insight. After all of the counselling and group meetings he attends and now leads, I think he's getting it.

Addiction is powerful though, so the longer he stays with the meetings the better.

He used to think he could do it all on his own, now he tells a different story. He firmly believes that if you don't go to meetings every day you'll slip up.

The thing that helps him the most are the people who have been there setting an example. He phoned me the other day and said the couple running the recovery house are so nice. He told me the husband was in jail for 25 years. Can you believe it. They said to him, "welcome to our family" that meant so much to him. He also told me that they have their phone with them day and night and if he needs them to call.
God bless these people and all others that spend their lives helping addicts. They've been there done that, and that is why they make a difference in these addicts lives. Only they truly know what it's like.
Kate

#91831 - 06/06/07 08:18 PM Re: son almost out of jail - update [Re: katebcca]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
kate, and the beauty of all this is that he's doing it for himself. I am so glad he made arrangements for himself. You must be so proud. What a big step for him!

Who knows? He may be one of those helping addicts in the future! Wouldn't that be cool?

Page 11 of 11 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved