The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 148 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#907 - 12/14/05 04:42 AM Re: 4 men
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Good answer Norma and I would not want to come back as myself but possibly as someone with the intellect and the power to do good and nothing but good, and be able to discourage and keep others from doing wrong, terrible things to their fellow human....This isn't possible so going around just once is fine with me...

#908 - 12/15/05 01:02 AM Re: 4 men
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
Humanity is an experiment that didn't work". I love that statement! Can I borrow it?

I think this discussion is great, too.

#909 - 12/15/05 09:40 AM Re: 4 men
Vi Offline

Yes, Jackie, you can borrow it. I've watched a lot of science fiction. So this is a natural conclusion. Remember the Greek mythology movies where the gods are sitting in the heavens betting on whether the mortals are going to make it through their trials, like cliffs that bang together, that kind of thing? I think of that sometimes, when it seems like things just aren't going to work out. It lightens things a bit for me.

<small>[ December 15, 2005, 01:42 AM: Message edited by: Vi ]</small>

#910 - 12/15/05 12:18 PM Re: 4 men
norma Offline

Loc: western canada
sometimes i think we were sent to this far away planet, just as some were once sent to Australia ... somewhere, somehow we didn't follow the rules.

It just seems that each person, no matter how fortunate they may be, each person given enough time, eventually comes to know a grief, despair, or loniliness that seems beyond the ability to cope ...

In one form or another, it seems to me, all want acceptance, respect and kindness (love)
even if it means trying to buy it, or trying to achieve it force...... (this love being the state we once knew prior to entering here)

The meaning of life eh... good heavens, we could have been burned at the stake just a few centuries ago, for some of these musings......

<small>[ December 15, 2005, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: norma ]</small>

#911 - 12/15/05 07:40 PM Re: 4 men
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I like reading what others think about this topic. I'll share my thoughts...

I believe my afterlife will be spent in heaven where there will only be bliss. I don't believe in reincarnation. We get one chance at this life and that's enough.

I also don't believe God is a punishing God. He is a God of love only. He doesn't promise us only good things in this life. He simply promises to walk by our side to give us the strength, courage and wisdom to carry on while we are on earth.

#912 - 03/11/06 12:27 PM Re: 4 men
norma Offline

as of this day we know now that there are only three hostages ..... the body of one has been found .. i've come to believe we live in a world governed by insanity ....

<small>[ March 11, 2006, 04:30 AM: Message edited by: norma ]</small>

#913 - 03/24/06 01:20 AM Re: 4 men
norma Offline

RESCUED !!!! The other three were rescued today!!

#914 - 03/24/06 01:24 AM Re: 4 men
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Thank God!!

#915 - 03/24/06 02:04 AM Re: 4 men
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
Thank God for the rescue...by the way, whatever happened to that young woman who was a hostage a few weeks ago? I didn't hear a thing about her and I was praying for her and her family...

I've never been here before. I remember things from when I was 1 1/2 yrs. old. My parents are amazed. I did strange things when I was very young and have been labeled a strange (but wonderful) child by nearly everyone who ever met me. Its been a lonely life.

I believe God created all of us, that the people of the world were all destroyed at the flood (and there is scientific proof of that....) that when Noah and his three sons, Shem, Ham and Japheth were dispursed throughout the planet to different parts of the world their bodies had to adapt so I believe in adaptation rather than evolution.

Also, I believe this life is but boot camp for eternity. I am an eternal being just like my Lord. I will live on forever in eternity with God and all the saints who have gone before me. In this life we aren't promised bliss and freedom from strife and pain, but we ARE promised the help, comfort and aid of the very creator of our bodies and souls, the owner of my soul and body also assists and guides me. For that, even in the midst of heartache, pain, anger and confusion, joy breaks through just like the sun right after the rain because I look on the face of Christ and I know his love for me. I feel his presence and am empowered with his wisdom and strength when I'm weakest and at the lowest point because its only through my weakness that the strength of God can be seen.

I am so happy to be in the midst of such talented and wonderful women who think and feel. I see all of us as works in process and pray for our journey.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved