The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 174 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#91155 - 10/08/06 09:02 PM Which television show?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Which television show would be the most like your marriage or relationship?

Mine would be Mad About You.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#91156 - 10/08/06 09:32 PM Re: Which television show? [Re: Dianne]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Married with Children...we're both pretty sarcastic and play a alot.

#91158 - 10/08/06 11:49 PM Re: Which television show? [Re: ]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Oh my, Anne!

My hub and I both have a wicked, dry sense of humor. That was the first thing that attracted me. A like mind!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#91159 - 10/09/06 06:36 PM Re: Which television show? [Re: Dianne]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I guess now I would have to say 'Old Christine' being single and all. Before that, while still married to "IT," It would have been "Keeping Up Appearences."I was Hyacinth and he was definitely Richard, but actually more like Onslo.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#91160 - 10/09/06 06:52 PM Re: Which television show? [Re: chatty lady]
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Desperate Housewives.

Just kidding!! There was a show on years ago, called "Just the 10 of us". It was about a Catholic family with 8 children! Unlike that show, we've lasted more than 2 seasons.

In My Father's house are many mansions...John 14:2

http://www.myspace.com/westernbluebird

#91161 - 10/09/06 06:54 PM Re: Which television show? [Re: Bluebird]
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
PS Chatty - I love The New Adventures of Old Christine! Best new show in a long time, along with Men in Trees.

In My Father's house are many mansions...John 14:2

http://www.myspace.com/westernbluebird

#91162 - 10/09/06 07:54 PM Re: Which television show? [Re: Bluebird]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I wrote about Men In Trees in another post but couldn't remember Anne Heche's name. I love this show, it is different and refreshing. I may have to haul a-- up to Alaska and check it out, so many hungry men, so little time.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#91163 - 10/09/06 09:32 PM Re: Which television show? [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Let's see....drawing from memory as far as a relationship is concerned....they would be something like:

Cold Case - been so long!

or

That 70's show - cause it's been a long, long, time

or

The Rookies - we didn't have a clue what we were doing

and NOW?

Giving it careful thought...if someone got ME in a relationship NOW it would have to be called: Bonanza

I've had all the surgeries known to man, (no parts to rupture), I make my own living, I'm also retired, my children are grown, and I have most of my teeth with a thick head of hair. What's not to love, am I right?

JJ

#91164 - 10/10/06 12:37 AM Re: Which television show? [Re: jawjaw]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
This was hard because I don't watch much TV. When I do, it's often re-runs of I Love Lucy,Frasier or Raymond. I really enjoy Dancing With the Stars. I thought that might be us, since we were out dancing when we met.

Then it hit me - The Show most like us is American Idol! Dick (my husband) sang Karaoke when I met him. He got me into it. We spent 5 years as Producer (him) and Associate Producer(me) of a talent show/fundaraiser for the North Shore Mucic Theatre called "Show of Shows." This was in the mid to late 90s. Karaoke was huge then. We went out several nights a week to clubs where they had Karaoke and auditioned hundreds of people for the show for two years. For the next 3, after the show caught on, we held auditions 2 nights a week at a restaurant and had them come to us. We auditioned singers from Feb. to April or May then picked the best for the June show. We put 30 acts in the show. They had to be outstanding singers (and they were), and able to sell a certain amount of tickets. We had it televised on local cable and everyone got a video. We put the show on at the theatre on their stage. I put the line-up of the show together and did all the clerical work, and there was a lot. It was a sellout 3 out of the 5 years before we stopped. So now when we watch American Idol, we act like we are auditioning. (I might ad, our kids hated to come to the shows, but they did.)

Louisa

#91165 - 10/10/06 01:24 AM Re: Which television show? [Re: Louisa]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I'd have to pick "Amazing Race", because these days we're all over the place! Yet no matter how frustrated we become with each other or circumstances of our lives, we always come together at the end of the night and curl up together in our "pitstop" - then we start out fresh the next morning to take on a whole new set of adventures and challenges.

(Maya Angelou)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved