The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 142 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#90924 - 10/06/06 02:04 PM Vitamin Supplements
browser57 Offline

Loc: Michigan
I have to confess - I take a ton of supplements. Right now, I'm rethinking what I should/should not be taking. It's time to replenish most of them - and I'm wondering if anyone else is as gullible as I am. Since I have a deep fear of alzheimer's - long family history - I make it my job to read as much about prevention as I can and take a few specifics for brain health.

But, I'm not sure about the other handfull of stuff I'm downing daily. I'd be interested to hear what other Boomers are doing.

#90925 - 10/06/06 03:25 PM Re: Vitamin Supplements [Re: browser57]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
My hubby and I both take a handful of vitamins & herbs each day. I have taken them faithfully for probably 20 years. Natural and preventative remedies has always interested me.

#90926 - 10/06/06 05:31 PM Re: Vitamin Supplements [Re: Cookie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Me too, I have taken many supplements faithfully for more years than I can count and I attribute my youthful appearance to genes and to those supplements. I am sure they helped me breeze through menopause with no discomfort what-so-ever. Now if they would just put exercise in a capsule, I'd be home free....

Edited by chatty lady (10/06/06 05:32 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#90928 - 10/06/06 08:08 PM Re: Vitamin Supplements [Re: ]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I swear by the vitamins and supplements I take every day. I'm healthier because of them. Like you, I research what I want to "protect" and take those. I don't scattershot with a ton of vitamins and supplements hoping I hit the right combination.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#90929 - 10/09/06 12:33 AM Re: Vitamin Supplements [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
dejavu Offline
journeyman

I have been considering Biotin, but don't know how many mg I should take.

I also take calcium and soy supplements, St. John's Wort, a goo multivitamin, fish oil (and just had a great cholesterol count) and potassium.

#90930 - 10/09/06 07:40 AM Re: Vitamin Supplements [Re: dejavu]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
I take vitamin E daily. If I do alot of sports I take calcium and magnesium. I once read if you take too many vitamins, the body can't work them, and they just sort of go through you without doing anything.

#90931 - 10/09/06 09:03 AM Re: Vitamin Supplements [Re: dejavu]
dejavu Offline
journeyman

Quote:

I have been considering Biotin, but don't know how many mg I should take.

I also take calcium and soy supplements, St. John's Wort, a goo multivitamin, fish oil (and just had a great cholesterol count) and potassium.

Actually, it's a GOOD multi-vitamin that I take....

#90932 - 10/09/06 02:22 PM Re: Vitamin Supplements [Re: dejavu]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
dejavu, I'd start out on the low side with Biotin and see how your body reacts. It takes up to 6 weeks or so, before you start seeing results for the first time. Usually 1 mg is a good start. That's 1000 mcg on the label. I'm taking 5 mg of Biotin now. I also take Lysine to help my immune system. I get a lot of cold sores, but while taking Lysine I get maybe 1 a year. And it heals super fast.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#90933 - 10/09/06 03:05 PM Re: Vitamin Supplements [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Thanks for the reminder. I haven't been taking my vitamins and I'm not sure why. Just lazy, I guess.

Where does everyone buy their vitamins and supplements?

#90934 - 10/09/06 07:46 PM Re: Vitamin Supplements
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I started taking CO Q 10 and my dentist couldn't believe the change in my gums. It's good for the heart too.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved