The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 136 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#90594 - 10/03/06 12:31 PM hardly working
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Since last Thursday, I have hardly been working...and it's been a nice break. Typically I am online promoting BWS and the NABBW, creating new teleseminars, contests,corresponding with members, working on the newsletter, updates, membership, etc., but since surgery I've basically only been in the forums and checking mail occasionally.

I spend a good part of my days corresponding with Goergia and my web master, but both of them are away so I've decided to take it easy until Thursday. Tomorrow I go back to the doctors and physical therapist. Then I guess I'll get back in the saddle.

Boy, I would love to sit around and post in these forums all day, every day. I ususally post in the morning and do a forum blitz. Occassionally, I come back and add something I get through email and check to make sure we've had no crazy posts.

Anyway, I have thoroughly enjoyed hanging out in here most of the day. I may have to come up with a new system for posting that allows me to be here more often.

What is your system for posting at BWS, and what other forums do you like?

#90595 - 10/03/06 01:26 PM Re: hardly working
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Well, I get up around 5am and spend the next 30 minutes trying to get my son out of bed so he can get ready for school. During that time, and while he's in the shower, I read what's new and sometimes post.

Then, I'm usually off the forums for the rest of the day because it will keep me from my work if I check into it all day long. Sometimes I come back and check in later in the day.

I'm also a moderator on our local hometown forum, which can get quite interesting. Lots of gossip vs debate, but it has fantastic emergency info for our area. The webmaster has a police scanner and ham radio and keeps tabs on the fires, accidents, etc. In a small town like this, you cringe when you hear about an accident. But the forum gives you the info and then you can (hopefully) rest easy.

Kathy

#90596 - 10/03/06 01:52 PM Re: hardly working [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I try to be here at BWS as much as possible all day (and evening). Up until my brother got sick, I was usually here first thing in the morning and then checking in throughout the day and evening, working chores and errands around whatever was going on here. If it's a slow day here at BWS, then I do more chores. If there's a lot of posting on, the chores wait.

I'm a spam-administrator of one other forum. When I first joined it was a vibrant collection of very diverse and well-read people, most of whom had been together in an online community for close to 10 years. Even though I've been there for almost two years, I'm still the "newbie". The founder of the forum left to go back to university about a year ago and the community has since dwindled down to about four regular posters. It's painfully slow-paced (like maybe 2-3 posts per week!), but nobody wants to shut it down. I think we're more-or-less "holding down the fort" until the founder comes back and resurrects the community.

(Maya Angelou)

#90597 - 10/03/06 05:14 PM Re: hardly working [Re: Eagle Heart]
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Dotsie, I would never wish surgery on anyone, especially you, but I have enjoyed having you around more often. You always start interesting topics that involve a question, which I think, makes it easier to respond.
I check BWS as soon as my kids are out the door to the school bus. Then I check in dozens of times, if I'm home.

In My Father's house are many mansions...John 14:2

http://www.myspace.com/westernbluebird

#90598 - 10/03/06 07:09 PM Re: hardly working [Re: Bluebird]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Dotsie, you deserve a break. Too bad it isn't a cruise instead of resting from surgery. This is the only forum(s) I visit. I used to visit forums related to sexual assault and domestc violence. I mostly served as an understanding and supportive poster. However, I reduced my time on those forums to virtually nothing. However, if Oprah has a show that has a message board on a topic I am interested in, then I will visit that board for 2-3 days after the show to get my voice in. For example, tomorrow she is having a show on people who tried to commit suicide, and they lived. I'm interested in that topic, so I'll post. Otherwise, BWS satisfies most of my needs. I check in throughout the day when I have time.

#90599 - 10/04/06 09:53 PM Re: hardly working [Re: Princess Lenora]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I use to be involved on two other forums but have since (a year now) dropped them. I pop in on occasion but told them I could not be the moderator because I was just to busy. OKay so I get up, feed the animals, and me. I open the computer and answer/send emails first. Then pop in here and answer some posts, the ones Iam monitor for first. Then if I have manuscripts in house, like now I have 4 left to edit of 10 short stories. I work at the editing until 5:00 pm usually and have some dinner. Then either watch TV or return phone calls. I do my shopping until 10:00 pm usually, no heavy traffic then...I usually close up the house and do some writing then head back to the forum where I try to answer ALL the posts and look for and pull up the ones that have been covered up before they could be answered and display them once again. I spend alot of time here but its where I'd rather be. I also several times a week, early mornings, go into Mystic Publlishers to do whatever they need done. On Sundays I cook 3 or 4 different special meals and freeze them for the week....thats all folks!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#90600 - 10/04/06 10:09 PM Re: hardly working [Re: chatty lady]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I only visit this forum. I have looked at a few others, but find this one meets most of my diverse interests.

I like to get on once each day - usually in the evening or right after I return from work. Sometimes on weekends, or at least during those weekends when I have to stay home and clean the house, I check in off and on during the day.

I am surprised how much I am enjoying the forums. I did not expect to find such a large and active membership and so many different topics. I really miss checking in on days when I am too busy to get here.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#90601 - 10/06/06 03:10 PM Re: hardly working
KathleenGageSpeaker Offline

Loc: Pleasant Hill, OR
Hey Dotsie,

Sorry to hear about the surgery. Good to hear you are taking it easy. Wishing you a quick and full recovery.

Kathleen Gage

#90602 - 10/07/06 06:29 AM Re: hardly working [Re: KathleenGageSpeaker]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Well, since I am on the diet watch with Vicki, I try to post everyday. Although since I have started my Mandarin class, which I rush to after work thrice a week, I have slacked some but still manage to catch up. Then I browse through other postings and decide which ones to reply to then and there after my diet posts or, come back to it at some time before my day ends.

Hope you're feeling much better and recovery is progressive, Dotsie.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved