The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 177 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#89509 - 09/26/06 12:32 AM A Hotel Nightmare!
Pam R. Offline

We had a wedding in PA this past weekend. Our dearest friend's daughter was married to a great guy. We wouldn't have missed it for the world. It was in a small town that was formally a coal-mining town. We made on-line reservations at a Quality Inn for one night only...thank goodness. We were so disappointed with the room and the service. Believe it or not, the bathtub had a ring of dirt around it, the toilet seat was off its hinges, the sheets on the king sized bed didn't even cover the top of the mattress to the headboard, the blanket had holes in it, the water faucets in the bathroom were backwards so that you got hot when you should have gotten cold and vice versa and there was dirt everywhere. We mentioned to the desk how unhappy we were but they didn't do much. The staff never greeted you in the morning and wasn't in any hurry to see that you were enjoying your stay. Normally I would not write a letter to the corporate headquarters but hubby thinks they should know. Cost of the room was $100 with tax, not outlandish, but certainly not worth it. I'll never use another Quality Inn.

#89510 - 09/26/06 12:47 AM Re: A Hotel Nightmare! [Re: Pam R.]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Doesn't sound like there was any Quality in that Inn!! Boy would I write a letter, in fact it would be accompanied by the pictures I would have taken of that hell hole...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#89511 - 09/26/06 01:17 AM Re: A Hotel Nightmare! [Re: chatty lady]
49erDonna Offline

Loc: California
I agree - I think it's always a good idea to write to them - I think it's a good idea to write letters when it's an exceptionally bad experience as well as an exceptionally good one. If I were running a big hotel chain, I sure would want to know which ones are leaving a bad taste.

Isn't there some statistic about one letter representing a certain number of people. I think they would appreciate your comments.

Sorry you had to have such a lousy experience! How was the wedding!

Donna

#89512 - 09/26/06 05:41 PM Re: A Hotel Nightmare! [Re: 49erDonna]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
If, by any chance, you booked through Hotels.com or another online site, they have an area to rate the hotel and make comments.

Whenever I travel in the US, I always check out a hotel online for comments and ratings. I, too, learned the hard way that some hotels are just rat holes.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#89513 - 09/26/06 05:48 PM Re: A Hotel Nightmare! [Re: Anno]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Pam, I agree with the other women...write a letter to Quality Inn and mention your experience. There are probably links on the Quality Inn site where you can provide feedback. You might also be able to leave comments in a ratings section, or on epinion.com, for other travelers. I'd certainly be grateful to hear your comments if I were planning a trip to that area.

(Maya Angelou)

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved